Franklin is Recruiting More

Look for a group to play with here.

Franklin is Recruiting More

Postby Nictos » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:12 am

Hello Salemites :)

The Recruitment that was done about a month ago ended up being very successful. Due to our rapid expansion we are currently recruiting 2 more people for immediate positions.
If you do not meet the strict requirements below, please do not apply. Your character as a person is significantly more important than your in-game counterpart.

Brief summary of the town

We are a rapidly expanding village dedicated to expanding the word and existence of Franklin. All members are required to have a good social standpoint (No scents, no bad behavior on forums). Everyone is allowed one house and set of keys for their personal belongings, otherwise we perform our jobs and supply to the rest of the village who in turn will supply with their work. We go to great lengths to make sure every villager feels like they have their own weight upon the village, and are rewarded for doing their jobs well. The villagers in this town are tightly knit, and the right recruitment will be knit in with us upon arrival. Our current project is the construction of the capital city, recruits will be briefed in on the details.

:evil: Strict Requirements :evil:

1. A mic for Skype interview.
2. 2 recommendations from reputable people in forums. (Have them whisper me or message me in-game. Let me know if you have questions about this.)
3. Must be active. (Skipping days is not a problem. Can't do weekends? That's OK.)
4. Must have minimal of 30 biles and no more than 120 biles.
5. Must show maturity.

Bonus Requirements
There are not required, but will considered as pluses in your application.

- Socially adept
- Active on forums
- Likes to role play
- Knows what Franklin is
- Is open to job assignments. Preferably miners, builders and weavers - but open to all depending on application and review.
- EST Time Zone or + / - 3 hours

APPLICATION FORMAT

Please answer it to the best of your ability and whisper it to me. Answer them honestly as there are no right or wrong answers.

1. Do you meet all the requirements? If not, why?

2. Write us a brief history of yourself and your character. Why Salem?

3. Any RL talents or interests?

4. What is Franklin?

5. Please explain the details of how active you can be and why.

6. What are your strengths are weaknesses? (Not talking about biles/skills)

7. Is there anything else you think we should know that will improve your application?

Thank you for taking the time for reading and/or applying to join one of the best communities this game has to offer.
If you're applying, please take the time to bump the topic to keep the recruitment alive.

And of course, recruits will meet the pure one in the flesh.
Last edited by Nictos on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
MarpTarpton wrote: If you need your nipples tweaked to make something look great, who's to challenge you?

John Carver wrote:Franklin 8:25
Time moves at that which Franklin moves, any 'speed' one is to interpret is relative to that of the 'holy pace'
Nictos

Re: Franklin is Recruiting More

Postby ericbomb » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:25 am

Ahh what you have against people with monster biles :( is the church of Franklin Bileist?
JohnCarver wrote:I reserve the right to torch your base.

JohnCarver wrote:I am offended!
ericbomb

Postby Nictos » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:29 am

ericbomb wrote:Ahh what you have against people with monster biles :( is the church of Franklin Bileist?

I personally reach out with those with 'monster' biles for recruitment. That involves a completely different process. For a public recruitment those are the biles I will be accepting. That was a good question. :)
MarpTarpton wrote: If you need your nipples tweaked to make something look great, who's to challenge you?

Time moves at that which Franklin moves, any 'speed' one is to interpret is relative to that of the 'holy pace'
Nictos

Postby lachlaan » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:43 am

First of all, let me start off by saying that whispering the application form to you would make it sound much much creepier than it would be intended to be , so please read all this in a normal voice, average volume, if possible.

1. I sadly do not fit all the requirements, as my humours are above your maximum cap, and also, east coast represent! But not the US east coast, in fact many more timezones over, many more than 3 :(

2. I like to tinker, my character has grown from a lumberjack checking out cool looking twigs and rocks in the woods, to the point of wandering farther than perhaps he should have. His descent into darkness soon became obvious as he started plotting to explode hovels with alchemy, even months before he could afford the equipment needed to do such things! The twigs and rocks he studied now haunted his dreams and thoughts by night and day respectively. It was at this point that I realized he was a mad scientist of sorts. There was no stopping his attempts to taint the forest, warp it into the thing he saw in his twisted visions. He began applying the science he was working out from studying nature onto the objects of his first profession. The trees .. oh god the poor trees, how they suffered .. infusions of terribly smelling concoctions, most glowing, around the newly sprouted baby trees. And how these trees mutated, warped, evil. Alas they eventually .. disappeared one night. It drove my character mad, he gave up his tree experiments for other things, still tinkering, always tinkering... but not with trees, oh no, not trees.

As for the question why Salem? Because it makes the above story possible of course!

3. Pretty much a jack of all trades, like my character. If I can tinker with it and poke it, I will.

4. Franklin is a lie!! I know that all his followers are simply misguided... in truth, Skippy the Cricket is the one true prophet of Gaia, our mother erf.

5. Sporradically active once my character has his periods of clarity. His thoughts are usually scattered across multiple different paths, weaving and winding their way through his head. At times what I can only assume are micro-seizures knock his brain into relaxation mode, allowing him to focus on actual tinkering rather than theorizing.

6. My greatest strength would be my ability to play through the horrible lag my computer inflicts on me, day after day after day. My greatest weakness would, as such, have to be .. the horrible lag my computer inflicts on me , day after day after day.

7. The fact that this is but a whimsical pseudo-application building up to my recommendation of your character, and general endorsement. That pretty much improves my application's chance at achieving its goal of not actually getting accepted :D

But yes, just having a bit of fun fake-applying. If I didn't have my hands full already, and were it not for the horrible lag keeping me from getting more done, I would surely enjoy joining Franklin's camp. Can vouch for Nictos being pretty cool, has been a good trader and I'm sure would make for a nice overlord if you join his efforts to enjoy the social aspect of this game as it was meant to be enjoyed, En Masse (No advertisement to see here, look away I say!)

Good luck with finding fun and nice people :)
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

Postby Nictos » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:53 am

lachlaan wrote:First of all, let me start off by saying that whispering the application form to you would make it sound much much creepier than it would be intended to be , so please read all this in a normal voice, average volume, if possible.

1. I sadly do not fit all the requirements, as my humours are above your maximum cap, and also, east coast represent! But not the US east coast, in fact many more timezones over, many more than 3 :(

2. I like to tinker, my character has grown from a lumberjack checking out cool looking twigs and rocks in the woods, to the point of wandering farther than perhaps he should have. His descent into darkness soon became obvious as he started plotting to explode hovels with alchemy, even months before he could afford the equipment needed to do such things! The twigs and rocks he studied now haunted his dreams and thoughts by night and day respectively. It was at this point that I realized he was a mad scientist of sorts. There was no stopping his attempts to taint the forest, warp it into the thing he saw in his twisted visions. He began applying the science he was working out from studying nature onto the objects of his first profession. The trees .. oh god the poor trees, how they suffered .. infusions of terribly smelling concoctions, most glowing, around the newly sprouted baby trees. And how these trees mutated, warped, evil. Alas they eventually .. disappeared one night. It drove my character mad, he gave up his tree experiments for other things, still tinkering, always tinkering... but not with trees, oh no, not trees.

As for the question why Salem? Because it makes the above story possible of course!

3. Pretty much a jack of all trades, like my character. If I can tinker with it and poke it, I will.

4. Franklin is a lie!! I know that all his followers are simply misguided... in truth, Skippy the Cricket is the one true prophet of Gaia, our mother erf.

5. Sporradically active once my character has his periods of clarity. His thoughts are usually scattered across multiple different paths, weaving and winding their way through his head. At times what I can only assume are micro-seizures knock his brain into relaxation mode, allowing him to focus on actual tinkering rather than theorizing.

6. My greatest strength would be my ability to play through the horrible lag my computer inflicts on me, day after day after day. My greatest weakness would, as such, have to be .. the horrible lag my computer inflicts on me , day after day after day.

7. The fact that this is but a whimsical pseudo-application building up to my recommendation of your character, and general endorsement. That pretty much improves my application's chance at achieving its goal of not actually getting accepted :D

But yes, just having a bit of fun fake-applying. If I didn't have my hands full already, and were it not for the horrible lag keeping me from getting more done, I would surely enjoy joining Franklin's camp. Can vouch for Nictos being pretty cool, has been a good trader and I'm sure would make for a nice overlord if you join his efforts to enjoy the social aspect of this game as it was meant to be enjoyed, En Masse (No advertisement to see here, look away I say!)

Good luck with finding fun and nice people :)

:) Thanks bro. Hope you're well.

Nictos

Postby Dallane » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:32 am

Can i join and pras the mighty franklin?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Judaism » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:59 pm

Dallane wrote:Can i join and pras the mighty franklin?

You don't meet the requirements, get 30 biles first.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Nictos » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:00 pm

And also meet the good reputation requirement. :D

Nictos

Postby Dallane » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:22 am

Nictos wrote:And also meet the good reputation requirement. :D

I can do both :D
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Hose » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:17 pm

Dallane and bad reputation? i think ur a totally retard
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Next

Return to Planters & Pilgrims