Redcoats Pack and Birth Certificate. (Gone)

Forum for In-Game trades and deals.

Re: Redcoats Pack and Birth Certificate. (Gone)

Postby Dallane » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:38 am

Nixman wrote:This is why I will never buy any of the clothing packages from the store, complete waste of money when you can have it stolen like this.
Bring the stalls back, make them cheaper and have tons more.

Thats why you make people pay 1st and not drop your ****. Then again thats y i stopped trading because no one wants to do either.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Nixman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:53 am

Dallane wrote:Thats why you make people pay 1st and not drop your ****. Then again thats y i stopped trading because no one wants to do either.

Exactly, trading should be encouraged not punished.
Nixman

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:43 am

You could always trade with the Tribe where you are guaranteed to not be scammed.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Jalpha » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:10 am

Just sell through a reputable third party. Well known traders can demand silver first and get it because they have a reputation to maintain. For a small fee I'm sure you could have one of them sell valuable items like this for you.

Actually engage in the community instead of being a friendless hermit hoping for stalls (which are the gayest concept ever) and you might not only avoid things like this happening to you, you could also make valuable friends and allies.

Also avoid the tribe at all costs. They are here for the sole purpose of making everyone elses gaming experience trash to enhance their own. You will never make it to the upper eschalons where the fun is actually had. Enjoy being a worker pleb for your entire tribal career.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby tradewinds » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:45 am

Jalpha wrote:Just sell through a reputable third party. Well known traders can demand silver first and get it because they have a reputation to maintain. For a small fee I'm sure you could have one of them sell valuable items like this for you.

That's not such a bad idea, if people trust me, I don't mind doing this for a small fee, but I don't really want to spend a lot of time advertising it.
tradewinds

Postby alprice » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:52 am

I will be this 3rd person that exchanges items for a small fee of inspirationals. Embie is sad cause she is homeless and can not lean. :cry:
Embie is my name :P
alprice

Postby Nixman » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:01 pm

Jalpha wrote:Just sell through a reputable third party. Well known traders can demand silver first and get it because they have a reputation to maintain. For a small fee I'm sure you could have one of them sell valuable items like this for you.

Actually engage in the community instead of being a friendless hermit hoping for stalls (which are the gayest concept ever) and you might not only avoid things like this happening to you, you could also make valuable friends and allies.

Also avoid the tribe at all costs. They are here for the sole purpose of making everyone elses gaming experience trash to enhance their own. You will never make it to the upper eschalons where the fun is actually had. Enjoy being a worker pleb for your entire tribal career.

And allowing a system where stealing $30 from another player who was trying to support the game developement isn't a terrible concept either?

The 3rd party option can equally be abused and could even turn out worse where the 3rd party gets both the items and the silver and does a runner, stalls might not have been the most ideal solution but at least they were safe to use (a secure trade window would be ideal)
Nixman

Postby Cheena » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:04 pm

You mean, allowing a system where the seller can do stupid moves and be punished in consequence, instead of babysitting him until he's sure he can't be scammed ? That's pretty much the complete system of the game.
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Previous

Return to The Trade-Wind