Been Away Ahile - WTB A few things

Forum for In-Game trades and deals.

Been Away Ahile - WTB A few things

Postby Ariander » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:15 pm

Hello all -

Been away a few years - wondering if the game is still active at all? The Forums certainly don't seem to be "hopping" with activity, and I notice quite a few empty stalls in town...

Just wondering if:

a) There are any active player stores anymore (for now need mostly basics - wrought iron, oiled/planed boards, produce)
b) Were domesticated animals ever introduced into the game and if so how can one obtain them and
c) How does one go about grabbing one of those empty market stalls and is it even worth it?

Thanks in advance for any help for this returning "newbie".
My avatar image and player shop banner side img are used w/permission as "fan graphics" from Alice Greenfingers © 2007-2008
Ariander
Customer

Re: Been Away Ahile - WTB A few things

Postby Taipion » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:58 am

Ariander wrote:Hello all -

Been away a few years - wondering if the game is still active at all? The Forums certainly don't seem to be "hopping" with activity, and I notice quite a few empty stalls in town...

Just wondering if:

a) There are any active player stores anymore (for now need mostly basics - wrought iron, oiled/planed boards, produce)
b) Were domesticated animals ever introduced into the game and if so how can one obtain them and
c) How does one go about grabbing one of those empty market stalls and is it even worth it?

Thanks in advance for any help for this returning "newbie".

c)
Despite what some very salty people say, who quit long ago yet still roam the forums on a daily basis... there still are players, and you can still do a profit with stalls, I constantly sell on a stall, and I constantly find goods to buy in other players stalls.
To get one, you need the skill mercantilism, and with it you still can only own one per character, acquiring a stall costs anywhere from a few thousand to 20k or so payment once, and around 400s per week plus 25% taxes, but the taxes are counted towards the rent first.

b.)
yes, you can get animals on providence, either by chance with an exploration event, or buying them from other players, they're usually not that expensive

a.)
there are still stalls and stores where you can buy stuff, best bet to get something is to ask on the discord trade channel
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Ariander » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Thanks for the response Taipion - I think I remember trading with you waaaaayyyy back when. :P

I don't have access to the discord "channel" - but if I PM people on the forums am I still likely to be able to trade that way a bit when I'm ready?

And just to be sure I understand market stalls, I have to have mercantilism learned and then I just click on an empty stall to buy/lease one?

I am interesting in buying some wrought iron (5 - 10 bars) and a set of clothing for the hookah den. If anyone's interested. But I'll post a more specific request in a few days - still getting my old claim set back up.

Ari
My avatar image and player shop banner side img are used w/permission as "fan graphics" from Alice Greenfingers © 2007-2008
Ariander
Customer

Postby Taipion » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:58 pm

Ariander wrote:Thanks for the response Taipion - I think I remember trading with you waaaaayyyy back when. :P

I don't have access to the discord "channel" - but if I PM people on the forums am I still likely to be able to trade that way a bit when I'm ready?

And just to be sure I understand market stalls, I have to have mercantilism learned and then I just click on an empty stall to buy/lease one?

I am interesting in buying some wrought iron (5 - 10 bars) and a set of clothing for the hookah den. If anyone's interested. But I'll post a more specific request in a few days - still getting my old claim set back up.

Ari

Yes, "just" learn marcantilism and then click on an empty stall, fun thing is also, it will contain anything it had when it ran out of money or was abandoned, which might give an option to get valuable things cheap as you buy from yourself (can't just take it out, only delete it) so all you pay is the 25% tax.

Discord links is: https://discord.gg/ytKFbS
There is a 10 minute wait time before you can talk (once when joining), and also you need to get rights from a mod, just ask one of the gree guys.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

UPDATE: WTB Request

Postby Ariander » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:38 pm

Since we're not supposed to double-post, so I hope this works, but here is a list of items I'd like to BUY. Please PM me with prices and availability. Thanks!

EDIT (11/30/2018):

Wrought Iron: 4
Tobacco
Animal Glue: 8
Full Set of Affluence Clothing: (enough to get me into Hookah room)
Suggested Hunting set (w/weapon)

That oughta do it to get me started :)
Ariander
Customer

Return to The Trade-Wind