Looking for a wholesale opportunity (Providence)

Forum for In-Game trades and deals.

Looking for a wholesale opportunity (Providence)

Postby Opallaur » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:17 pm

Hello All:

I've been playing 2 weeks almost and finally got myself a place, which means I need silver for expansion and upkeep. I've lots of plans but not a lot of silver to make it happen.

After looking for Indian arrowheads and feathers and making a few charms to sell, it's all luck and so it's not a steady way to make silver. And silver is definitely needed in this game.

Owning a vendor stall is way over my budget obviously but there are a few things I've found in there that I could make.

Since trust is a huge thing in this game, I think it would be easier for me to gain the trust of one person than trying to get it from many potential buyers.

With this in mind, I'm looking for an opportunity to make items for a vendor stall owner who will buy from me for wholesale price to then resell or do what they want with what they buy from me.

Items I could make in bulk:

Fiber netting (saw this being sold for 75 silver per in a stall.
Reed Pajama sets (while I didn't see these in a stall - new players would buy them since it's not a low level skill)
Butterbug refresher (once the cocoons hatch!)

PM if this interests you, I don't think I can supply more than one vendor so first one with a decent deal will get my business.

I play a few hours each day.

Thank you for your time.
Opallaur

Re: Looking for a wholesale opportunity (Providence)

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:32 pm

Honestly, fiber nettings are only good if they are high purity.
In my opinion, you should try to obtain some trade order materials and sell them to veterans.
Steer skulls, rainbow scalles, whispering snake skulls or other semi hard or hard materials would bring you hefty proffit.
I advise foraging more always for newcommers.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby grapefruitv » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:57 pm

I like your way of thinking, but sadly those things won't sell.
Also player's stalls are taxed 35%, so you will likely end up selling your stuff for a really low price.

As was previously suggested, you might wanna stick with trade order items. You can find a list of all orders on the wiki.
Exploring is also a great way of earning silver, though you're right about it being based on luck. But you can earn about 1000 silver in a couple of hours with feathers and you always might end up finding events.
For example a pot of gold, which contains 36 golden eggs. You can melt them into gold bars and sell those to npc stalls for 1000s without risking to get scammed or to players for ~1250s.
There is also a wishing well that can grant you some silver if you wish for wealth. You can also sell the wish to other players (I would totally buy it for atleast a thousand, possibly more).
Papers from the new exploration event the hanged man are also something that other players would want to buy.

Sifting rubble from your mine is another great way to make silver. You get gems, gold and glass from that activity and there are always buyers for those. But that might be annoying at low biles as well as hunting or planting cotton.
grapefruitv

Postby Opallaur » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:04 am

I think you all might have forgotten what being a new player is all about. I don't have a mine nor the skill currently, I've tried to kill 2 things (a bunny and a turkey) both killed me. Heck my claim is so small I have to step outside of it just to change my mind.

I've been working on the trade orders - I'm stuck on squirrels currently. If I can't fill them how am I suppose to sell them to others?

I don't know about events- is there a post somewhere about them? And honestly- after a bunny killed me- I'm having second and third thoughts about doing anything remotely daring - if the fuzzy bunnies have it in for me- no telling what other things are going to wish me dead. Death and disease all about - tell me why would I ever even touch a hanging dead person? (Black death anyone?)

And ok cool - good to know what I can make isn't going to work even for wholesale. At least I'll have jammies to sleep in myself.

I'll think of something else while I search for more feathers and arrowheads - and honestly I've only found enough stuff to make and sell 5 charms - this whole 1000's of silver in a few hours seems a bit much from my experience so far.

I always appreciate the honest feedback I get. Thank you very much for it.

PS: I think I saw someone on the boards looking for Lard - I do have one of those. How much are they worth?
Opallaur

Postby grapefruitv » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:40 am

Currently lots of experienced players are playing on the fresh server, so I dare to say we understand your pain mate. :lol:
I was only killing my first bunnies two days ago.
And a spider kicked my butt for stealing his cobweb.

As for the trade orders, we were talking about selling items they require, not the orders themself. Such as curios potato, rainbow scales (you might get those from fishing if you're not ready to hunt snakes yet), horseshoe crabs (you get those from digging sand), frozen cobwebs (can get them during cold snap when picking webs, be careful around spiders though) and other stuff.

To make your feather hunting experience more efficient, buy 3 pieces of royal jelly and feed it to a dead cricket. That will cost you 100-150 silver. I understand that this is a lot for you at the moment, but it will be worth it (unless server restart hits in 10 minutes). You'll be able to move much faster and 1000s won't seem unreal anymore.
You also should choose areas that are frequently loaded by players for better outcome. That is areas around big towns or Providence. Just check every stump and you'll be getting a lot of feathers, arrowheads, snake skins and might find some rares or items that are useful for you.

There is always a demand for lard, not sure what's the current price, but should be around 20-30 silver. Players normally are looking to buy it in bulk though.

You can also start selling hay. It costs about 2 silver, but it is safe and simple way to earn some coin.
grapefruitv

Postby Rifmaster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:38 pm

pm me ur HS pls
Rifmaster

Postby trewka » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:52 pm

I'm ready to buy fir cones for 3 silver and birch bark for 2 silver per piece, from 50 pieces per lot for example

my hearth secret :cash 01
I do not know English, absolutely
trewka

Postby Opallaur » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:33 pm

I guess I have more learning to do: HS?

From the last reply I'm guessing hearth secret. I went to wiki to get more information and I got Homestead secret. But from what I read it's a one time free teleport to a friends claim you do in the tutorial.

Can someone give me more information on this please?

Trewka: are we speaking about pinecones? I couldn't get anything in the wiki about fir trees, I can gather bark but I'm not sure if it's birch tree I'm been gathering from. I will take a look at these when I log in tonight.

Again thank you for your responses.
Opallaur

Postby Rifmaster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:03 pm

go to buddy list (ctrl+B or the icon to the bottom left), set a secret and pm me once you have set the secret with the exact caps and everything. I will then kin you and when you're online at the same time as me we'll talk in game.
Rifmaster

Return to The Trade-Wind