Sir Fillingsworth's Deforesting Co. [CLOSED]

Forum for In-Game trades and deals.

Re: Sir Fillingsworth's Deforesting Co.

Postby Dallane » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Faultierstein wrote:the problem is....because you will have access to near a base....is just enough for people to not buy services cause it could lead others then no more base for something as simple as wanting tree's removed


Cept no one is going to waste time doing that. If you are at a point where you are paying someone to cut down trees then you have the walls and braziers to stop a raid.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14460
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Sir Fillingsworth's Deforesting Co.

Postby SirFillingsworth » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Ah, I see where you're all coming from. I got a PM here on the forum, someone's willing to hire me. I guess I'll see where this leads. But I do understand your caution.

I'm sorry to hear that, Darwoth. Maybe I can eventually build up my status again by buying some stuff from you? That should satiate your need for good ole' fashioned patriotism (capitalism?).

Dallane wrote:
Faultierstein wrote:the problem is....because you will have access to near a base....is just enough for people to not buy services cause it could lead others then no more base for something as simple as wanting tree's removed


Cept no one is going to waste time doing that. If you are at a point where you are paying someone to cut down trees then you have the walls and braziers to stop a raid.


To be honest, I don't know if you're supporting me or not, Dallane lol. You bring up a good point though. Everyone should have a proper defense up and running by the time they have the funds to pay for a deforester such as myself. Honestly, I expected business from the larger settlements, who are looking to expand. But if no one trusts me, that's okay, too. But wouldn't it be nice to bring up new "jobs" into the game? I believe TotallyMeow said in one of the "Ideas" posts that things like this would probably not be implemented as a feature in the game. And imagine this: a circulation of silver flowing through Salem with services like Foresting, Mining, Fishing, Crafters, Artisans, Authors, and everything in between. Anything is possible in this game. Hell, even real estate is a possibility! And eventually, if the player base grew larger, the devs would have even more motivation and inspiration for bringing new features into the game. What about things like Elections? Ritual sacrifice, REAL In-game Politics! But, as a great man once said, "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."

We can make Salem the best sandbox MMO to ever be conceived, but it needs a solid economy. Even if things like this aren't started by me, someone has to bring that extra light into the game. Otherwise, the game will eventually fade away. Have a nice day, everyone.
SirFillingsworth
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:33 am

Re: Sir Fillingsworth's Deforesting Co.

Postby Dallane » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:59 pm

Oh i'm totally supporting you. This is a great service for people who don't want to netflix and log. I'm on the same mindset that this service is for larger groups to take advantage of. If you can hire someone to do this then your base is more than likely at a point were you don't have to worry about someone saying " x lives here". You dont have any permissions and are just clear cutting. It's a fairly safe service for someone to take advantage of.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14460
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Sir Fillingsworth's Deforesting Co.

Postby SirFillingsworth » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Dallane wrote:Oh i'm totally supporting you. This is a great service for people who don't want to netflix and log. I'm on the same mindset that this service is for larger groups to take advantage of. If you can hire someone to do this then your base is more than likely at a point were you don't have to worry about someone saying " x lives here". You dont have any permissions and are just clear cutting. It's a fairly safe service for someone to take advantage of.


Well, I'm glad to hear you say so, Dallane. Hopefully others will follow!
SirFillingsworth
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:33 am

Previous

Return to The Trade-Wind

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests