Siege of Celestis

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Siege of Celestis

Postby JohnCarver » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:02 pm

alloin wrote:I think you mean
We also do not like that braziers do more damage during the time it takes to disable it than a single character can obtain in any 120+ day grind.

Yes.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby stevemac05 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:37 pm

I think you should leave braziers alone! It sounds like raiders want a easier way to raid claims that are manned! Their has to be some sort of defense to defend what we have and will work for on this game. Especially since their our players so purpose is to kill and steal. Many people would like to enjoy this game and play in the confines of their own walls without interruption or death from people who seek to kill other players for merely breathing! In order to keep the interest of new players they must live to see what this game is all about. Lately and through the past few months new people come online start to see and learn and then killed for no reason and they get frustrated and quit. This is why the server has a low count all the time and nobody stays playing. I have played since the server was reset and I do enjoy this game. I have tried to get new people to play and when they do they get murdered. Maybe you should create a period or set of hours or days, weeks ect for new players, so they cant get touched unless they commit a crime!
stevemac05

Postby DarkNacht » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:49 pm

stevemac05 wrote:I think you should leave braziers alone! It sounds like raiders want a easier way to raid claims that are manned! Their has to be some sort of defense to defend what we have and will work for on this game. Especially since their our players so purpose is to kill and steal. Many people would like to enjoy this game and play in the confines of their own walls without interruption or death from people who seek to kill other players for merely breathing! In order to keep the interest of new players they must live to see what this game is all about. Lately and through the past few months new people come online start to see and learn and then killed for no reason and they get frustrated and quit. This is why the server has a low count all the time and nobody stays playing. I have played since the server was reset and I do enjoy this game. I have tried to get new people to play and when they do they get murdered. Maybe you should create a period or set of hours or days, weeks ect for new players, so they cant get touched unless they commit a crime!

Since you obviously haven't been paying attention: Raider are now strong enough to get though Braziers and since they will continue to get stronger and you currently can't make braziers in an area do more damage all you can do is slow them down by building more layers and internal walls or make them use more Iron by building bigger batteries.
Last edited by DarkNacht on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkNacht

Postby vienradzis » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:50 pm

stevemac05 wrote:I think you should leave braziers alone! It sounds like raiders want a easier way to raid claims that are manned! Their has to be some sort of defense to defend what we have and will work for on this game. Especially since their our players so purpose is to kill and steal. Many people would like to enjoy this game and play in the confines of their own walls without interruption or death from people who seek to kill other players for merely breathing! In order to keep the interest of new players they must live to see what this game is all about. Lately and through the past few months new people come online start to see and learn and then killed for no reason and they get frustrated and quit. This is why the server has a low count all the time and nobody stays playing. I have played since the server was reset and I do enjoy this game. I have tried to get new people to play and when they do they get murdered. Maybe you should create a period or set of hours or days, weeks ect for new players, so they cant get touched unless they commit a crime!

There is always reason.
vienradzis

Postby stevemac05 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:49 am

So your saying braziers are becoming ineffective
stevemac05

Postby Voltaire1512 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:47 am

This is all good and nice. But let me ask you one question. Why should the Devs address the core issues of the game when one can instead spend time with trivia like decay of clothes? Hm? Hm? Tell me.

:lol:
Voltaire1512

Postby Snowpig » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:29 am

if you just think about it, the decay is a core issue as well.
In feudalism, it's your count that votes...
Snowpig

Postby Fduch » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:35 am

Despite being on the receiving end of this story - thats my box of unboiled terrine featured on screenshots - I dont see any broken mechanics here. I dont think devs intend to ever introduce defences that cannot be penetrated. At the moment it still takes a group of several determined players and quite lot of resources to break through braziers. With time its inevitable that there will be humor monsters able to do it all alone too.

So the only lessons to be learned is that from now on, even if you man your defences and restock coal, you can only delay attackers. And you should only fight if you intend to kill enough chars to stop the siege.

Under current circumstances, the only viable defence strategy seems to me is to be online 24 hours a day, using 5 bile alts to fill up new empty braziers that are being built .. wait until siegers get bored or run out of iron and then try destroy waste claim
Fduch

Postby Feone » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:24 am

Fduch wrote:Despite being on the receiving end of this story - thats my box of unboiled terrine featured on screenshots - I dont see any broken mechanics here. I dont think devs intend to ever introduce defences that cannot be penetrated. At the moment it still takes a group of several determined players and quite lot of resources to break through braziers. With time its inevitable that there will be humor monsters able to do it all alone too.

So the only lessons to be learned is that from now on, even if you man your defences and restock coal, you can only delay attackers. And you should only fight if you intend to kill enough chars to stop the siege.

Under current circumstances, the only viable defence strategy seems to me is to be online 24 hours a day, using 5 bile alts to fill up new empty braziers that are being built .. wait until siegers get bored or run out of iron and then try destroy waste claim

The existance of these extremely powerful characters is, IMO, an issue.
I feel there'd be far more pvp if there wasn't always the fact that the older factions have the best biles and thus always the advantage, combined with the extreme efford in replacing a developed character.

We'll see what the 4th of july patch will do with this though.
Feone

Postby Snowpig » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:30 am

this was correct pre-wipe. now the speed of gaining biles is reduced heavily at higher biles - therefore there is no big difference between an "older" or "younger" characters. Only between people who put much effort in raising biles and people who don't.
In feudalism, it's your count that votes...
Snowpig

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses