Siege of Celestis

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Siege of Celestis

Postby TruthTeller » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:39 am

Claeyt wrote:I don't raid. Everyone knows I don't raid. I've never built a Wclaim and I probably never will.

You claim to have access to multiple towns. Thus you could arrange a safe siege at one of those towns to test the mechanics. That would not be actual raiding, but indeed a test of the mechanics involved in raiding.
TruthTeller

Postby Claeyt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:45 am

TruthTeller wrote:
Claeyt wrote:I don't raid. Everyone knows I don't raid. I've never built a Wclaim and I probably never will.

You claim to have access to multiple towns. Thus you could arrange a safe siege at one of those towns to test the mechanics. That would not be actual raiding, but indeed a test of the mechanics involved in raiding.

I suppose I could, yes. But wasn't it just simpler to have someone just tell me "Yes, you can spam braziers on a Tclaim with an active Wclaim to nerf defenses."

thanks again RonP
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby TruthTeller » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:06 am

Claeyt wrote:
TruthTeller wrote:

I suppose I could, yes. But wasn't it just simpler to have someone just tell me "Yes, you can spam braziers on a Tclaim with an active Wclaim to nerf defenses."

thanks again RonP

I strongly disagree with Ron Paul's view on the role of the government: ""The proper role for government in America is to provide national defense, a court system for civil disputes, a criminal justice system for acts of force and fraud, and little else.", I want a far far more powerful government than the one he wants.
TruthTeller

Postby Trenial » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:05 am

Binks wrote:Because he doesn't actually play the game

Clayet Binks has a point. In the last wek I've logged on to afk, monitor town, make mems, see who does, and blow time in blender. Not once have I seen you dude. Not once!
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby Suffragium » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:18 am

Trenial wrote: make mems

MEME MASTER 2014
Something deep or funny
Suffragium

Postby Orcling » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:33 am

Why is Claeyt sticking his head into this either way? Hes not in the Rebellion and he ain't tribe either. I atleast gave moral support in the Skype call.
Do you like prussia?
Orcling

Postby Claeyt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:24 pm

Trenial wrote:
Binks wrote:Because he doesn't actually play the game

Clayet Binks has a point. In the last wek I've logged on to afk, monitor town, make mems, see who does, and blow time in blender. Not once have I seen you dude. Not once!

I didn't even know it was happening. Remember, I couldn't use Kand's or Ender's for like 5 days last week. I logged on between the two crashing events to work some but that was it.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Dallane » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Claeyt wrote: But wasn't it just simpler to have someone just tell me "Yes, you can spam braziers on a Tclaim with an active Wclaim to nerf defenses."

Maybe you should learn how to read so you don't look like a idiot and would know whats going on.

Watch some PBS and get educated.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Cawalox » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:28 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
1. We do not like the mechanic of building empty braziers on an enemy claim to reduce their effectiveness.

2. We also do not like that Braziers almost never run out of coal.

3. We also do not like that Torchposts are nearly useless.

4. We also do not like there are only 2 types of passive defenses.

5. We also do not like that poor brazier placement can make your defense weaker than not building an additional Brazier to begin with.

6. We also do not like that braziers do more damage than a single character can obtain in any 120+ day grind.

7. We also do not like that spamming defense boils down to a byproduct of your iron production.

So while we understand we could invest a small amount of time to fix the issue addressed on this particular raid, we would much prefer to tackle the entire idea of passive defenses, raiding, sieges, etc. in a 30 day window where we devote the lion share of our attention to all the areas we feel need improvement.

1. true,
2. true but ok (you could make it so they dont hold that much coal in them to start with),
3. compared to braziers true as hell,
4. its kind of true. Dont forget that claim itself drains BB. Also walls can be considered as passive defense. I hate you have to make them 6 tiles apart so the damage doesnt spread from one to the next one,
5. I like this one, but still true,
6. not true,
7. true.
Cawalox

Postby alloin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:30 pm

JohnCarver wrote:We also do not like that braziers do more damage than a single character can obtain in any 120+ day grind.

I think you mean
We also do not like that braziers do more damage during the time it takes to disable it than a single character can obtain in any 120+ day grind.
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses