Siege of Celestis

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Siege of Celestis

Postby Claeyt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:50 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Claeyt wrote:
JohnCarver wrote:
So while we understand we could invest a small amount of time to fix the issue addressed on this particular raid, we would much prefer to tackle the entire idea of passive defenses, raiding, sieges, etc. in a 30 day window where we devote the lion share of our attention to all the areas we feel need improvement.

Is there any easy fix to those 2 simple broken mechanics of them spamming on-claim braziers to nerf defenses and the 5 minute KO on Town Claim problems? Pretty much any town is vulnerable for the next 30 days if they want to make that much iron.

No, there is not an easy fix, which is why John just told you we plan to spend a full month working on a better raid mechanic. And just to be clear, I want you to reread what is in the quote there. We will spend 30 days on raid mechanics. John is not saying we will spend the next 30 days on raid mechanics, which is what you are trying to assume, so don't start doing that thing you do.

It's not all that bad though, raid mechanics are pretty high on the list. And 4.5 months in someone is only now, with great effort, risk, and expense, able to attack a town? I don't think the end is nigh.

I don't either but it's pretty clear that it's broken and that towns will eventually be wiped because it's broken. I was just hoping for a quick fix to save towns. It seems like making KO's last longer on Tclaims wouldn't be hard.

RobertoKarlos wrote:If you read previous post you will find the answer,I know you can do it!!!.

Can you point it out? I can't find the post you're talking about. All I see is Cheena talking about them spamming braziers on the claim. I don't see if they were able to do it because of the Waste Claim or what. You can't build on a town claim without permissions can you? I'm simply trying to find out how they did it and what happened.

Blood wrote:I honestly thought you had ***** off to whatever swamp you came from, its bloody simple what happened but your pea brain can fathom it, can it? eg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq8NOpt-nfQ

literally every thread you come in doing the same stupid **** trying to confuse everyone, and its clear from how you wrote this you know whats going on and are trying to troll it. Tribe went in destroyed everything because they had information that pointed there.

Also stop asking for devs to waste time posting to address you, anything important people will message them, which probably already has happened and they will take measures in their own time and post that information when its needed or in patch notes..

WTF rage much. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm not trying to confuse anyone and I'm not trying to troll. I don't care if they had scents or not. Maybe they did, maybe not. I don't know.

I just want to know about how they spammed braziers to nerf the town's braziers. I thought Jorbtar had fixed that. I don't see any pics in the thread explaining it and I don't see any specific description in the thread detailing how they were able to do it. It seems like this is all kind of important for anybody that owns a town.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby RonPaulFTW » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:56 am

You can build braziers on towns claim once there is a waste claim.
RonPaulFTW

Postby Dallane » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:58 am

Claeyt wrote:I just want to know about how they spammed braziers to nerf the town's braziers. I thought Jorbtar had fixed that. I don't see any pics in the thread explaining it and I don't see any specific description in the thread detailing how they were able to do it. It seems like this is all kind of important for anybody that owns a town.

Maybe instead of being a ******** and asking stupid questions you could test the mechanics yourself.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Binks » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:52 am

Because he doesn't actually play the game
Binks

Postby Claeyt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:55 am

Binks wrote:Because he doesn't actually play the game

I play more than you and Dallane combined

Dallane wrote:
Claeyt wrote:I just want to know about how they spammed braziers to nerf the town's braziers. I thought Jorbtar had fixed that. I don't see any pics in the thread explaining it and I don't see any specific description in the thread detailing how they were able to do it. It seems like this is all kind of important for anybody that owns a town.

Maybe instead of being a ******** and asking stupid questions you could test the mechanics yourself.

Is it even possible to Waste Claim your own town?

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby neored9 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:56 am

Claeyt wrote:

I play more than you.

#shotsfired#claeytburn#wekt
neored9

Postby Ikpeip » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:02 am

Dallane wrote:
Claeyt wrote:
Dallane wrote:Maybe instead of being a ******** and asking stupid questions you could test the mechanics yourself.

Is it even possible to Waste Claim your own town?

Faithfully,

-PmP
Ikpeip

Postby Binks » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:03 am

Claeyt wrote:

I play more than you and Dallane combined

Yet I still know more about this game because I actually test game mechanics myself instead of asking 1000's of stupid ***** questions.
Binks

Postby vienradzis » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:30 am

Claeyt wrote:
RonPaulFTW wrote:There are two broken mechanics that I will re-summarize for you.

1.) Jorbtar fixed spamming braziers off claim. The tribe built additional braziers on our claims to nerf our defenses.

2.) Getting KO'd on a village claim results in you porting back to Providence after only 5 minutes - lucky for at least one raider. In contrast if you KO on a personal claim its 24 hours before you port back.

So they built the nerf braziers on the Town Claim or on the Personal claim? I didn't realize they could do either of those normally. Did the Waste Claim allow them to do that? They'd basically be able to nerf any brazier design and any town with enough iron that way.

I thought they fixed the 5 min KO on Town claims as well. So that's still ***** also?

JohnCarver wrote:
Claeyt wrote:Welcome back. I missed you.

I'd like to see some dev posts here on this because I thought this was fixed.

We do not like the mechanic of building empty braziers on an enemy claim to reduce their effectiveness.

We also do not like that Braziers almost never run out of coal.

We also do not like that Torchposts are nearly useless.

We also do not like there are only 2 types of passive defenses.

We also do not like that poor brazier placement can make your defense weaker than not building an additional Brazier to begin with.

We also do not like that braziers do more damage than a single character can obtain in any 120+ day grind.

We also do not like that spamming defense boils down to a byproduct of your iron production.

So while we understand we could invest a small amount of time to fix the issue addressed on this particular raid, we would much prefer to tackle the entire idea of passive defenses, raiding, sieges, etc. in a 30 day window where we devote the lion share of our attention to all the areas we feel need improvement.

I think those are all good ideas but meanwhile pretty much every town on the game is vulnerable if a person has enough iron to spam "On-claim" braziers. The tribe clearly has enough humours now to take as many nerfed brazier shots as they need to wipe towns. Nothing's stopping them from cranking out iron and doing this over and over again, is there?

Is there any easy fix to those 2 simple broken mechanics of them spamming on-claim braziers to nerf defenses and the 5 minute KO on Town Claim problems? Pretty much any town is vulnerable for the next 30 days if they want to make that much iron.
vienradzis

Postby Claeyt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:32 am

I don't raid. Everyone knows I don't raid. I've never built a Wclaim and I probably never will.

I thought I'd ask a simple question because I thought Jorbtar fixed this.... That's all.

Why are you guys jumping up my bunghole for me asking how they spammed braziers on a Tclaim? Jeeeeezzzzz.

(I bet bunghole gets past the new censors)

Claeyt

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses