REPENT!

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

REPENT!

Postby VicarWhitby » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:43 am

I have landed but a day in Salem, and I have already seen the wickedness of this town.

From theivery to murder most foul - I care not for any law but God's and those who violate it are doomed to burn in the coming maelstrom. Look to the writings of John the Apostle, who makes clear in Revelation (21:8):

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Take this warning to heart. As I see wickedness in Salem, so too does the Lord. While I have no venom, the Lord hath a fury unbridled. Repent your sins, end your wicked ways! An end to murder, larceny, and witchcraft in all forms!

I am Vicar Whitby and your sins are on notice!
VicarWhitby

Re: REPENT!

Postby Michael » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:45 am

GO BACK TO ENGLAND!
Michael

Postby VicarWhitby » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:58 am

Michael wrote:GO BACK TO ENGLAND!

I have heard the call of the Lord and I have come to Salem to rid this land of wickedness.

"For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer." -Romans 13:4
Last edited by VicarWhitby on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
VicarWhitby

Postby Cheena » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:57 am

You propose nothing but other murders. Go back to England.
Trust your enemies more than your friends. Your enemies will never betray you.
loftar wrote:***** the treaty.

(Note: Citation is severely out of context.)
Cheena

Postby VicarWhitby » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:39 am

Cheena wrote:You propose nothing but other murders.

I seek only justice in the eyes of God! "When justice is done, it is a joy to the righteous but terror to evildoers." -Proverbs 21:15

Violence is lamentable, but the savage land of Salem has no other remedy. If you strike me, I have no other recourse but to strike you back. Salem is bereft of proportional justice; all crimes de facto capital offenses. The General Lawes and Libertyes of the Massachusetts Bay Colony have yet to reach Salem.

Perhaps, in time, we could create a more egalitarian society by instituting a system in which minor offenses would be punished at the discretion of the victim. To find a thief on your land, and punish them by spending time in stocks in the public square, or time in prison. Surely God wants to see the wicked punished - but must all crimes end in death? This only continues the cycle of revenge.

VicarWhitby

Postby alloin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:41 am

Send all you belongings to me and you'll see justice !!
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Postby Procne » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:11 pm

VicarWhitby wrote:If you strike me, I have no other recourse but to strike you back. Salem is bereft of proportional justice; all crimes de facto capital offenses.

"bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either"

Luke 6:28-29
Procne

Postby Procne » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:29 pm

VicarWhitby wrote:"For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer." -Romans 13:4

"But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’"
Deuteronomy 18:20
Procne

Postby mentalyll » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Vicar Whitby is a total bro, I like him already!
Let's go witch hunting some time, vic!
mentalyll

Return to House of Burgesses