Puritans?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Puritans?

Postby ElManisero » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Greetings Again My Lasting Friends and Sage Clients;

I recently took a trip into town, but I immediately regretted it. Oh, how our fair haven has become a habitation for fools and loudmouths. At every corner, you can find unscrupulous traders hawking their stolen wares or the lewd innuendo of travel guides beguiling the newly landed into the uncharted woods of Salem. If you are fortunate enough to have never been to town, then you would not know of the forum at its center. Designed in the classical Roman fashion, it is a place where all manner of man and woman may gather to speak their piece. Yet, it has devolved into an echoing cave where the banter of brainless animals echoes long into the night.

It is a marvel to hear the many tongues spoken in this place, but often times the words in our own language are the cruelest to hear. If you went a day without hearing an insult, consider yourself truly blessed. I think back to the sermons I heard in the Old World. Has crossing the great ocean made us forget what the Lord commands of us? "Speak not evil one of another, brethren!" (James 4:11)

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice; and be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." (Ephesians 4:31-32)

Those are the words I clung to as the boat that bore me to Salem crashed upon unkind seas. Those are the principles I cherish as I look to till the soil in a New World - lay the brick in a new City of God. Instead, I see others sewing politics in their fields, where honest grain should grow. I see wickedness and cruelty in place of kindness and friendship. What has become of the people pure in thought and deed who once called themselves Puritans?

Yours in faith,
Waspo
A man has vanished! Follow The Greenthumb Tales for mystery and merchandise!
ElManisero

Re: Puritans?

Postby Murphy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:42 pm

I agree, the mindless spam of insults in the capital needs to stop
Murphy

Postby Evangelynn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:46 pm

I'd prefer it be removed from the Announcements section of the forums first, personally. Makes it very hard to try to read what people actually think of an idea when most of the posts are insulting the thoughts of others.
Evangelynn

Postby Frakked » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm guilty on occasion- but in reality... you don't have to pay it any mind.

you get a tick... someone spoke... big deal? As long as you don't select Area Chat Channel... you don't have to read it.

That said- I'd love to see forum rules extended to Area Chat... only this time let's have game login bans... on par with forum ones.

I could easily live with that. Screen shots are piece of cake to acquire... as proof
Frakked

Postby Dallane » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:56 pm

Frakked wrote:I could easily live with that. Screen shots are piece of cake to acquire... as proof

And easy to fake.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:00 am

or folks could grow up and just accept the fact that not everyone has a mouth full of sunshine to blow up their needy assholes.
Darwoth

Postby Orcling » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:41 am

Since when are there ingame rules? We only need to behave on the forum.
Orcling

Postby Icon » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:55 am

Even language on the forums is usually never censored as long as its not aimed at anyone, I mean, *****... Things haven't changed that much yet
Icon

Postby Dallane » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:05 am

Icon wrote:Even language on the forums is usually never censored as long as its not aimed at anyone, I mean, *****... Things haven't changed that much yet

Ya we can drop N-Bombs left and right to accompany Cryeats tears
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby alloin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:50 am

The game & forum is full of frustrated lowlife teenage scum that thinks that swearing, insults & constant rage makes them look tough & mature ...

did i mention retarded & hypocrite ?
jorb wrote:all I see is misplaced machismo and a lot of very cheap talk. ^^

Darwat confirmed scrub!
alloin
Customer

Next

Return to House of Burgesses