Justice for Genesis

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Justice for Genesis

Postby Cawalox » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:22 pm

My tears are sweet as candy!
You just claim they are bitter cause you never had a chance to taste them.
Cawalox

Postby Suffragium » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:27 pm

Cawalox wrote:My tears are sweet as candy!
You just claim they are bitter cause you never had a chance to taste them.

+1, Cawalox's tears are basically liquid sugar.
Something deep or funny
Suffragium

Postby Stormicus » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:33 pm

Justice? You have no idea what was going on. ChengDu was wandering alone,and we invited him to our little town. After that,we noticed a lot of things going missing. We asked him to leave peacefully, offering him a sled and baskets full of goodies. He refused. This was the only way we could think of to prevent him from bringing others back, but it seems it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. There were no braziers because we had JUST gotten our walls up, and our iron kept going missing. You're kidding yourselves if you think you did this out of any form of justice. It was done just because you felt like killing someone who had no chance of winning. Fear not? You've got to be kidding. JohnCarver, it is not that we didn't want to defend it, it is that we couldn't. We didn't want to be affiliated with the Nazi/Mafia like group that is the Tribe, and unfortunately, that pretty much means you can't play Salem. I've been playing for six months and been in a diff group pretty much every month because of their BS justice. I still play because I love the mechanics of the game, but I can't guarantee how long that will still be more than my dislike for having to start over whenever the Tribe gets a hair up their ass to kill someone for an imagined slight. So here I am again, wandering around wondering what to do and where to go. Happy Birthday to me.
Stormicus

Postby JohnCarver » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:41 pm

Stormicus wrote:JohnCarver, it is not that we didn't want to defend it, it is that we couldn't. We didn't want to be affiliated with the Nazi/Mafia like group that is the Tribe, and unfortunately, that pretty much means you can't play Salem. I've been playing for six months and been in a diff group pretty much every month because of their BS justice. I still play because I love the mechanics of the game, but I can't guarantee how long that will still be more than my dislike for having to start over whenever the Tribe gets a hair up their ass to kill someone for an imagined slight. So here I am again, wandering around wondering what to do and where to go. Happy Birthday to me.

First let me start by saying I'm sorry for your loss. Perhaps your group of players could not defend it but I am disappointed in the community as a whole that you are unable to form some kind of reactionary support group to stop the Tribe and defend. I rarely see them post with more than a few members in a screenshot, yet I see far more than that express disdain for their actions. I suggest you reach out to one another, and coordinate strike teams to take down waste claims on each other and hopefully start picking off one or two Tribe guys in the process. To believe that you truly cannot do something in a sandbox makes me sad. I wish to believe you could defend it, but lacked the time or motivation to recruit a force large enough, quick enough, to do so.

You also prioritized walls over a single brazier? IN the time spent building walls I imagine you could have built one. With even a single brazier you may have been able to save some of those buildings. Unless you really did only have a hovel, at which point I would say you didn't really lose too much. Either way, I would encourage any and all players who wish to stop the Tribe to go get those scents. You might just find them a bit more valuable one day and the key to your salvation.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Ikpeip » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:27 pm

Good afternoon,

Cawalox wrote:None. It was one of my old bases but my character was not killed. So they either killed someone who happen to be there or more likely they just took a snapshot of a random skeleton.

This is of course a fabrication, as the actual owner of the town's later post made clear. The anti-Tribe groups have been so thoroughly dominated that all they have are lies and misinformation. There is no ability to actually effect any real resistance, which is why Genesis had no one to turn to. Dallane's claim that every scalp in an alt, Lalliath & Co's faked destruction of a "Tribe lime facility" on Roanoke, Lalliath & Co's faking screenshots of their humors when the server shut down, Jalpha's endless propaganda, Realak's claim a bug was used to destroy his town, and so on and so on. It's the only tool they have left, and they swing it with abandon. It is however an ineffective tool, and it can't change reality.

Stormicus wrote:Justice? You have no idea what was going on. ChengDu was wandering alone,and we invited him to our little town. After that,we noticed a lot of things going missing. We asked him to leave peacefully, offering him a sled and baskets full of goodies. He refused. This was the only way we could think of to prevent him from bringing others back, but it seems it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. There were no braziers because we had JUST gotten our walls up, and our iron kept going missing. You're kidding yourselves if you think you did this out of any form of justice. It was done just because you felt like killing someone who had no chance of winning. Fear not? You've got to be kidding. JohnCarver, it is not that we didn't want to defend it, it is that we couldn't. We didn't want to be affiliated with the Nazi/Mafia like group that is the Tribe, and unfortunately, that pretty much means you can't play Salem. I've been playing for six months and been in a diff group pretty much every month because of their BS justice. I still play because I love the mechanics of the game, but I can't guarantee how long that will still be more than my dislike for having to start over whenever the Tribe gets a hair up their ass to kill someone for an imagined slight. So here I am again, wandering around wondering what to do and where to go. Happy Birthday to me.

If you're looking for sympathy because you weren't industrious enough to build a brazier, I don't think you'll find much here. Your claims you couldn't get the iron together are spurious, as we took a sled from your base and destroyed an anvil, both of which requires the same amount of iron as a brazier. Likewise, your inability to navigate the politics of Salem is no one fault's but your own.

Actions have consequences. You took in a random wanderer, and had the negative consequence of him turning out to be a thief. You decided not to seek help from the proper authorities, and had the negative consequence of committing a crime to have him gone, which led to us waste claiming your camp. You decided not to negotiate with those waste claiming your base, and had the negative consequence of having the entire town wiped out. Complaining about experiencing the predictable results of your misdeeds is not going to help you improve.

Faithfully,

-PmP
Ikpeip

Postby Cawalox » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Ikpeip wrote:Good afternoon,

Cawalox wrote:None. It was one of my old bases but my character was not killed. So they either killed someone who happen to be there or more likely they just took a snapshot of a random skeleton.

This is of course a fabrication, as the actual owner of the town's later post made clear. The anti-Tribe groups have been so thoroughly dominated that all they have are lies and misinformation. There is no ability to actually effect any real resistance, which is why Genesis had no one to turn to. Dallane's claim that every scalp in an alt, Lalliath & Co's faked destruction of a "Tribe lime facility" on Roanoke, Lalliath & Co's faking screenshots of their humors when the server shut down, Jalpha's endless propaganda, Realak's claim a bug was used to destroy his town, and so on and so on. It's the only tool they have left, and they swing it with abandon. It is however an ineffective tool, and it can't change reality.

I sense so much butthurt. Ikpiep this is just a game, dont take everything so personal.

Whatever someone says in one of tribes scalp/raid threads tribes minions claim that he was the one who lost his base, scalp or whatever. So I decided to play your game and accept your silly propaganda. Its so funny how retarded most of tribe members are to actually believe that little troll.
Cawalox

Postby Brona » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:05 pm

Cawalox wrote:I sense so much butthurt. Ikpiep this is just a game, dont take everything so personal.

Whatever someone says in one of tribes scalp/raid threads tribes minions claim that he was the one who lost his base, scalp or whatever. So I decided to play your game and accept your silly propaganda. Its so funny how retarded most of tribe members are to actually believe that little troll.

Could you please rewrite this to make sense.
Brona

Postby Tamasin » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:43 pm

Ikpeip wrote: Lalliath & Co's faked destruction of a "Tribe lime facility" on Roanoke, Lalliath & Co's faking screenshots of their humors when the server shut down

It's Lalliath & Co now? lmfao :D

Anyway that lime facility was 100% destroyed, and the p claim over it 100% belonged to the character peepookaka used on roanoke and attacked CoD with. Stormie was told off for posting fake biles and i don't think we ever spoke again after that, Willy and I had agreed SB would never be allowed back in our group following CoD, and your suggestion that he was is lies/misinformation on your part. It's not the fault of the rest of us that ***** also do not like the tribe. I never posted my biles, but for the record they were super awesome!

I don't see any need for lies or misinformation, it's plain and obvious to pretty much everyone that the tribe will stoop to anything, no matter how low, in an instant, if it will have the slightest effect of enforcing their sense of dominance.
Tamasin
Customer

Postby Judaism » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:19 pm

Tamasin wrote:I never posted my biles, but for the record they were super awesome!

I saved plenty of footage, in case we will ever need it Image.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby wiatrak » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:08 am

Ikpeip wrote:Good afternoon,

Faithfully,

-PmP

You haven't met Polan Horde for sure. ;)
wiatrak
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses