The Great Hunting Lodge in the Sky

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: The Great Hunting Lodge in the Sky

Postby Cawalox » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Trenial wrote:What you just said, is what I just stated dude.

The cliche "omg its a sandbox" argument, does not aid you as a positive argument for my historical view of the use of "game" as the motif behind The Hunting Lodge .

Take your busted up, broke down, no argument, having ass back into the darkness you foul beast of ignorance. Take Claeyt with you please, kthnxbai.

That has nothing to do with my original question you are splitting straws here. But ok, as you might have noticed ideology is between the quotes.
Cawalox wrote:P.S. Do we now have to follow your game "ideology" or is everyone free to make his own in a sandbox game?

Your definition, with which I somewhat agree has nothing to do with this thread or my posts.

Trenial wrote:GAME
I can't stand this generation's assault on the ideology behind a "game".

a form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Were exactly did I assaulted the ideology behind the "game"?
The fact that you used ideology in your post led me to repeat it. Cause it must be some kind of your ideology were rules of the game are dictated by your self and others are just pawns. Sendbox means people chose how to play the game and you might not like it but its how it is.
Now pleas go and name me more of your weird names.
Cawalox

Postby Trenial » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:02 pm

You're confusing the act of partaking in a game, with the game(Salem) itself. This is where you err young one. The entire dead cat you keep beating here with me is, The Hunting Lodge as a topic in the forums.

GG

nvr4get

RIP Cawalox

Kick Rocks

Darkness

suck dirt kid
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby Mereni » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:56 pm

Not really sure what the argument here is, or who's side some of you are on...

But I suppose most people post their character shots here after death because they want to brag about what they had. It's not really wise to post a character's stats while it's still alive but once it's dead, why not? This is a thread for bragging, and those who have posted have a right to brag. 100 to all humors is about as much as most people CAN have by now.
Mereni

Postby Kaios » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:08 pm

I'm just terrible at effectively separating my thoughts and opinions when I try to form them in to coherent sentences. I simply disagree with lumping together the ideology behind the values applicable to a "Game" in the noun sense as he so clearly defined earlier to the values applicable to a "Video Game."

It just doesn't make any sense to me to compare virtual worlds with reality.
Kaios

Postby Mereni » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:16 pm

Kaios wrote:the ideology behind the values applicable to a "Game" in the noun sense.

Say what? I guess... some people do take some games way too seriously. But I think when it comes to things like professional sports, you'd do better putting those into their own category than you would trying to say video games aren't 'real games'. Especially when many people tend to take them more seriously than, say, a round of Euchre.
Mereni

Postby Ikpeip » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:44 am

Cawalox wrote:Top of the morning to you sir,

I understand the concept but still.
-Why prove anything to you, or anyone else (the person doesnt care about) for that matter.

This thread is for all factions, not just the Tribe - we just happen to be doing most of the killing. The proof is that that they played the game, they built something, and they put it to use. If those are not things you value, why play Salem?

Cawalox wrote:-Respect is not earned by posting pics of your dead character or is it?

As with above, it shows they did more than just talk. The forums are filled with loudmouths who have can't back them with actions (Jalpha, Darknacht, Dallane, RonPaul, the other various Rebels, yourself, etc.). This allows them to separate themselves from that lower caste.

Cawalox wrote:-Most of them trashtalk their adversary but still they give you recognition here. Why?

Respect for the bloodsport.

Faithfully,

-PmP
Ikpeip

Postby Trenial » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:59 am

Kaios wrote:I'm just terrible at effectively separating my thoughts and opinions when I try to form them in to coherent sentences. I simply disagree with lumping together the ideology behind the values applicable to a "Game" in the noun sense as he so clearly defined earlier to the values applicable to a "Video Game."

You're beating the same dead cat still, Kaios.

I clearly used "a game" and not "the game", [the] being a definite article in English, which in the sense of its use and place here, can only mean Salem. I'm not here in The Hunting Lodge to uphold or defend what is and what isn't or how it is or how it ain't in Salem the Game. I was merely touching upon the silly notions levied up against the act of partaking in a sport of game. We're here because we enjoy to do so, like Paul listed previously are valid reasons as to why we post our dead characters.

Trenial wrote:I can't stand this generation's assault on the ideology behind >>>>a<<<<< "game".

You, along with Cawalox took the statement out of context and ran with it by formulating a straw man argument against me, completely baseless and off touch.
jwhitehorn wrote:It's too bad you're so politically connected
you would have made a great brave

TENT WIDTH

This area, is my area. No squatting allowed.
Trenial

Postby Cawalox » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:16 am

Ikpeip wrote:
Cawalox wrote:Top of the morning to you sir,

I understand the concept but still.
-Why prove anything to you, or anyone else (the person doesnt care about) for that matter.

This thread is for all factions, not just the Tribe - we just happen to be doing most of the killing. The proof is that that they played the game, they built something, and they put it to use. If those are not things you value, why play Salem?

Cawalox wrote:-Respect is not earned by posting pics of your dead character or is it?

As with above, it shows they did more than just talk. The forums are filled with loudmouths who have can't back them with actions (Jalpha, Darknacht, Dallane, RonPaul, the other various Rebels, yourself, etc.). This allows them to separate themselves from that lower caste.

Cawalox wrote:-Most of them trashtalk their adversary but still they give you recognition here. Why?

Respect for the bloodsport.

Faithfully,

-PmP

I never said its for tribe only. I am sure you can recognize a noobish or alt character from those who spent time getting biles up. Proficiency is just for bragging. But ok they might still have a need to prove to the community in some way.

Same goes for the warrior community respect. Or you guys lie about people you kill to make them look worse or your selves better? By your logic I can safely assume that most of the tribe does not play actively and that they are just loudmouths.

Anyway thanks for clearing that up for me. I am still against it but at least I have better understanding for the people doing it.

Trenial wrote:
Kaios wrote:I'm just terrible at effectively separating my thoughts and opinions when I try to form them in to coherent sentences. I simply disagree with lumping together the ideology behind the values applicable to a "Game" in the noun sense as he so clearly defined earlier to the values applicable to a "Video Game."

You're beating the same dead cat still, Kaios.

I clearly used "a game" and not "the game", [the] being a definite article in English, which in the sense of its use and place here, can only mean Salem. I'm not here in The Hunting Lodge to uphold or defend what is and what isn't or how it is or how it ain't in Salem the Game. I was merely touching upon the silly notions levied up against the act of partaking in a sport of game. We're here because we enjoy to do so, like Paul listed previously are valid reasons as to why we post our dead characters.

Trenial wrote:I can't stand this generation's assault on the ideology behind >>>>a<<<<< "game".

You, along with Cawalox took the statement out of context and ran with it by formulating a straw man argument against me, completely baseless and off touch.

We mistaken you for a normal (as far as tribe people can be) person and assumed your post had to do something with the tread or the posts you were replaying to. We were wrong.
Cawalox

Postby Suffragium » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Now that it seems to be well-known that I no longer am Greed (RIP Tribe misinformation), here is my character that Vienradzis (confirmed, as well as one more brave) killed a few months ago.

Something deep or funny
Suffragium

Postby Ikpeip » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:56 pm

Good morning,

Updated initial post with niko8's character from the ambush, and Suffragium's character which died some weeks prior. They came in as #2 and #4, respectively.

Given the Second Age's more slow climb in humors, it might be worth weighting the points calculated by adding up humors more heavily - but since the developers have indicated they expect the humor grind to become quicker, might as well hold off on this.

Edit: Also added Yasso's character at #7.

Faithfully,

-PmP
Ikpeip

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses