Tribal Assistance as a simple Farmer/Trader

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Tribal Assistance as a simple Farmer/Trader

Postby Cawalox » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:37 am

mlcoleman12 wrote:I don't really care about party politics either way

Your post shows otherwise, you sure sound like a sockpuppet or just a sock. Ways of the tribe are known to anyone who played this game for some time. Sockpuppeting, intimidation, bribery and vision quests are normally expected from them. You got the corn and they told you to say how nice they are. If they were nice other people wouldnt talk badly about them.

PS. Roommates or not people should know that theirs vote doesnt count.
Cawalox

Postby mlcoleman12 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:06 am

Welp alrighty I am headin to bed. I will address last responses to my post. 1) Potjeh) As you stated, anyone who is "sockpuppeting" is using proxies and hiding their IP address so why would I choose to not do this while posting? Meh either way I know and the people I deal with on a daily basis in game hopefully have a good understanding of my character as a player. 2) Cawalox) The second part of your post has merit and I apologize for asking my roomates who rarely play to post supporting statements, but honestly in the current climate it is very hard to get new players/hermits to trust a trader. Your initial statement is up for debate however, as the multiple servers prior to the wipe allowed many players, including myself, to avoid the main tribal contigent. I am going to leave off on this sub topic now, mods can feel free to close it whenever they want, the main thing is that my experience is out there. Nowhere in my initial post did I state that someone should sign the treaty or did I even express that I feel others should, I simply described my experience and explained how despite the massive hate, already expressed in this short subtopic, the tribe has done nothing but aid my settlement. I wasn't asked to post a detailed summary of my time since the complete wipe, but personally I felt that the gift of free corn was a tipping point for me in terms of actually putting something on these forums that didn't make the tribe out to be the server wiping horde that they have been described as. I wish every single settler out there the best of luck no matter where they are located, and If you are ever looking for an oiled board, or just some free seeds, shoot me a PM, I am always happy to lend a hand.

A humble trader,
yup just 1!

Martin Mcfly
mlcoleman12

Postby Slapacookie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:10 am

Well I have known This Marty for quite some time about a month now maybe, we have traded alot, he is a good guy as I only trust his judgement half way with this post I can believe the tribe is sort of good people. But he is a good trader and a good trader is someone to trust.
Slapacookie
Customer

Postby enemyunknown » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:32 am

Slapacookie wrote:Well I have known This Marty for quite some time about a month now maybe, we have traded alot, he is a good guy as I only trust his judgement half way with this post I can believe the tribe is sort of good people. But he is a good trader and a good trader is someone to trust.

Sure, Tribe is full of helpfull and nice people. And Darwoth even built a town for newbies to let 'em live under his protection, made a lot of events and games for 'em.
enemyunknown

Postby Cawalox » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:39 am

Slapacookie wrote:Well I have known This Marty for quite some time about a month now maybe, we have traded alot, he is a good guy as I only trust his judgement half way with this post I can believe the tribe is sort of good people. But he is a good trader and a good trader is someone to trust.

No one said he is a bad guy but using his friends to post how good he is doesnt build trust. As far as treaty go I can only say you guys are safe as long as there are people that keep tribe occupied cause when they get bored they know were you live ;)
Cawalox

Postby Slapacookie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:59 am

Cawalox wrote:

No one said he is a bad guy but using his friends to post how good he is doesnt build trust. As far as treaty go I can only say you guys are safe as long as there are people that keep tribe occupied cause when they get bored they know were you live ;)

Ehh oh well, people are people, Mono E mono. idk its late so whateves.
Slapacookie
Customer

Postby Dallane » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:00 pm

Potjeh wrote:Other people have enough sense to use different proxies for their sockpuppet accounts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ndJNXCkNxg

You are a slacker mcfly
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Mereni » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Cawalox wrote:Sockpuppeting, intimidation, bribery and vision quests are normally expected from them. You got the corn and they told you to say how nice they are. If they were nice other people wouldnt talk badly about them.

Intimidation I'll give you, that happens, but I don't recall any bribery. I don't recall a need for it. The sockpuppeting though, we mostly don't talk about it because it won't do much good to deny it with the forums the way they are. But the truth is we don't sockpuppet or ask anyone else to. I always feel so bad when new players come here and try to join the community and instantly get jumped on and torn apart and accused of sockpuppeting just because they didn't spew venom on the tribe. :( As for the vision quests, this thread doesn't fit the format, you know. Vision quests are silly things meant to entertain.

As for being nice... Of course we're nice to treaty members. They agreed to play by the rules and so they get presents like corn seeds and help finding good places to settle. No treaty member was raided last world, no matter how boring things got, and it won't happen this world either.

The tribe is not nice to everyone else, because that's the game. Raiding and murdering are supposed to be key to this game. We let some people avoid all that and be carebears, but everyone else is fair game.
Mereni

Postby Dallane » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Mereni wrote:Intimidation I'll give you, that happens, but I don't recall any bribery. I don't recall a need for it. The sockpuppeting though, we mostly don't talk about it because it won't do much good to deny it with the forums the way they are. But the truth is we don't sockpuppet or ask anyone else to..

Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Mereni » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:42 pm

Dallane wrote:
Mereni wrote:Intimidation I'll give you, that happens, but I don't recall any bribery. I don't recall a need for it. The sockpuppeting though, we mostly don't talk about it because it won't do much good to deny it with the forums the way they are. But the truth is we don't sockpuppet or ask anyone else to..

Of course you lie. You and several others have your favorite lies you like to repeat over and over until I think you might even believe them yourselves. That's why I spend little effort trying to refute. Except for feeling sorry for those who might be discouraged from playing Salem by what they see you say on the forums, I don't think it's worth the time and effort, Salem being what it is right now.
Mereni

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses