Tribal Assistance as a simple Farmer/Trader

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Tribal Assistance as a simple Farmer/Trader

Postby mlcoleman12 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:51 am

Soo I have been playing Salem for a decent amount of time, played on Roanoke before the wipe for quite awhile. I have heard and read a ton of hate towards the tribe, and all the crazy conspiracy theories about hacking/raid bugging/general shenanigans. I will probably pull a ton of flack from the anti-tribers out there, but I figured I would share my experience. Early on I decided that based on the hype/concern, I would just sign the treaty and roll the dice. Instead of the rude, blood hungry horde I was described in the forums, I was greeted by Chief who reimbursed me 7 fold for all of the nails and boards I had already produced and used, waited until I found a great spot where I was happy, and even offered me the nearby mine they had created earlier. Since then the tribal members have been nothing but cordial to me as a simple farmer/trader. I decided to write this in detail because today I was even given free corn by the tribe, and thus I was able to avoid all this crazy trade forum drama/ high prices. Plenty of people love to hate in this game, and faction warfare seems like a cool aspect, but for now, I am happy with how things are going for me, and I thank the tribe for their help and hospitality.

A humble trader,

Martin Mcfly
mlcoleman12

Re: Tribal Assistance as a simple Farmer/Trader

Postby Dadalama » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:55 am

Yeah they seem nice enough
Dadalama

Postby Dallane » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:13 am

mlcoleman12 wrote:Soo I have been playing Salem for a decent amount of time, played on Roanoke before the wipe for quite awhile. I have heard and read a ton of hate towards the tribe, and all the crazy conspiracy theories about hacking/raid bugging/general shenanigans. I will probably pull a ton of flack from the anti-tribers out there, but I figured I would share my experience. Early on I decided that based on the hype/concern, I would just sign the treaty and roll the dice. Instead of the rude, blood hungry horde I was described in the forums, I was greeted by Chief who reimbursed me 7 fold for all of the nails and boards I had already produced and used, waited until I found a great spot where I was happy, and even offered me the nearby mine they had created earlier. Since then the tribal members have been nothing but cordial to me as a simple farmer/trader. I decided to write this in detail because today I was even given free corn by the tribe, and thus I was able to avoid all this crazy trade forum drama/ high prices. Plenty of people love to hate in this game, and faction warfare seems like a cool aspect, but for now, I am happy with how things are going for me, and I thank the tribe for their help and hospitality.

A humble trader,

Martin Mcfly

i see they finally hit you up for a vision quest. Good for you. Jaw tired yet?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Jalpha » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:01 am

Dallane wrote:Jaw tired yet?

Soon enough his ass will be though.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Potjeh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:18 am

My my, what an interesting string of IPs you post from. You sure get around a lot.
Potjeh

Postby Ikpeip » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:29 am

Good evening,

Potjeh wrote:My my, what an interesting string of IPs you post from. You sure get around a lot.

**** or get off the pot. If he's a sockpuppet, deal with it. Either way, abusing your admin powers to threaten you know RL info on him is a ***** move.

We trashed your base and killed your fighters because you ***** up. Crying and taking the fight to the forums isn't going to bring it back.

Faithfully,

-PmP
Ikpeip

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:29 am

Potjeh wrote:My my, what an interesting string of IPs you post from. You sure get around a lot.

Mod Abuse.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Potjeh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:34 am

What am I threatening? All I'm saying is that he seems to be posting exclusively from proxies, which means I *don't* have any RL info. Though I do know that kaaldroman and cca1234 who endorsed his trade thread posted from IPs that he used. Now why would an honest trader need to self-endorse with sockpuppets?
Potjeh

Postby Jalpha » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:55 am

Ikpeip wrote:We trashed your base and killed your fighters because you ***** up. Crying and taking the fight to the forums isn't going to bring it back.

Citation required.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby jwhitehorn » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:56 am

Jalpha wrote:
Citation required.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9369#p124761

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Next

Return to House of Burgesses