with all of the recent corn controversy....

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

with all of the recent corn controversy....

Postby Darwoth » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:18 pm

i would like to remind everyone of the following.

Claeyt wrote:...and boom. It is now proven that corn is not in the game right now.

Dallane troll posted that he was selling corn seeds in the Tradewinds section. I reported his trolling of him selling something that does not exist in game and the mods pulled the trade thread and probably gave Dallane his billionth warning.

Corn does not exist in the game yet. The dev's will hopefully add it as soon as possible.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9313&p=124223#p124223

Claeyt wrote:There are no corn seeds yet.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9271&p=124221#p124221

Claeyt wrote:This trade thread is a scam and Corn does not yet exist in the game.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9346&p=124271#p124271
Darwoth

Re: with all of the recent corn controversy....

Postby Snowpig » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:23 pm

A: Tell me a three-word-joke!
B: Thats easy: "Claeyt is right"
In feudalism, it's your count that votes...
Snowpig

Postby idiotul1 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:38 pm

" Corn was introduced in Thanksgiving of 2012 as a part of the Colonial Relief Package which was given to the players then. Unlike any other crop, its seeds cannot be produced on your own (like Pumpkins) or purchased from an NPC stall. The only way to acquire Seeds of Corn is from another player. This means, interestingly enough, that ALL Corn is descended from the original seeds distributed on Thanksgiving. "

So how does one get corn without doing java SQL injection?
idiotul1

Postby Darwoth » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:43 pm

because some people did not have their banks or mailboxes wiped when the new server started and had corn in the original pack still there.

or in the case of "some people" it was probably given to them under the table.
Darwoth

Postby idiotul1 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Lovely

Darwoth wrote:because some people did not have their banks or mailboxes wiped when the new server started and had corn in the original pack still there.

yet wouldn't that be considered a bug that should be resolved?

Darwoth wrote:or in the case of "some people" it was probably given to them under the table.

I don't think that's the case. But I don't see how the server is safe from java injections or any kind of way to insert data on the server for yourself.
idiotul1

Postby Darwoth » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:07 pm

idiotul1 wrote:
I don't think that's the case. But I don't see how the server is safe from java injections or any kind of way to insert data on the server for yourself.

it is common knowledge certain moderators and haven gimps recieve preferential treatment time and time again, this is why every server they start off with hidden advantages/knowledge then they get their ass kicked and quit.

it is why loftar has helped some of these people raid/loot bases in haven, why many people in this game report serious bugs and are ignored while retards like vigilance can report stupid **** like deer corpses not decaying and get dev handouts + mason access. it is why the corn was wiped from everyone to begin with (so only the cool kids club would have any for the forseeable future) it is why the moderators are allowed to **** all over the forums and on and on.

it may not be blatant, but most emulators i have played are more neutral/impartial.
Darwoth

Postby Potjeh » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:17 pm

Potjeh

Postby Brona » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:26 pm

At least ****** can't blame us for the game failing this time.
Brona

Postby idiotul1 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:29 pm

Darwoth wrote:it is common knowledge certain moderators and haven gimps recieve preferential treatment time and time again, this is why every server they start off with hidden advantages/knowledge then they get their ass kicked and quit.

it is why loftar has helped some of these people raid/loot bases in haven, why many people in this game report serious bugs and are ignored while retards like vigilance can report stupid **** like deer corpses not decaying and get dev handouts + mason access. it is why the corn was wiped from everyone to begin with (so only the cool kids club would have any for the forseeable future) it is why the moderators are allowed to **** all over the forums and on and on.

it may not be blatant, but most emulators i have played are more neutral/impartial.

But you can't prove or disprove any of these statements. So we gonna have to leave it as a conspiracy :roll: .

The bugs on the other hand are another story. The community is limited and there's not enough white knights to report them. If you find a bug, you gonna keep it for yourself. And the reported ones might require some hard work that the devs don't have time/don't feel like repairing it.
But it's not like the game will ever have a good popularity. I'm pretty sure the devs, from now on, will wipe the server whenever the server cost exceeds the profit they make. With each wipe, each member of the tribe will spam real money to rush their base, abuse the system however they can and climb on top.
Of course there's other people who will pay a few $$$ for some silver/packs...but the idea is this: The tribe pays the devs to keep the servers alive much like an yearly salary :lol: devs win, the tribe wins... It's a love-hate business relationship.
idiotul1

Postby Darwoth » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:40 pm

idiotul1 wrote:But you can't prove or disprove any of these statements. So we gonna have to leave it as a conspiracy :roll: .

since you do not know what you are talking about please refrain from responding to my posts until such a time as you do.
Darwoth

Next

Return to House of Burgesses