RIP Godtuwn

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: RIP Godtuwn

Postby Procne » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:36 am

Mereni wrote:
Claeyt wrote:you could go in with 10-20 guys between 100 and 200 and raid. I'm also saying that you could force a PvP fight against a town by planting a Trial by Fire. Also it's clear to me that you guys haven't really found a good mix of raiding food to eat while you're attacking with crimes against.

The mechanics are tougher but raiding is still possible with a nice fat Zerg.

Just how exactly do you think this would work? Because it wouldn't. Only one person at a time can bash a wall, for instance. And you must have the humors to run away with as well. Unless you expect these guys to all KO while raiding?

Other guys just stand there and soak brazier fire, reducing damage done to the basher
Procne

Postby Jalpha » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:40 am

Claeyt...

In before crit. In before actually going inside the base still under brazier fire. In before... In before... In before... In before...

Please just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. You're like a 5 year old child who said something silly, got told he was wrong, refused to admit it and is now pushing an invalid point for the sake of it.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Claeyt » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:49 am

Procne wrote:Other guys just stand there and soak brazier fire, reducing damage done to the basher

Well that wouldn't work because the person who has committed the waste would be hit, but yes, you hit a corner or a specific point in rotation with multiple persons hitting it once or twice and then running out of range until it falls.

Jalpha wrote:Claeyt...

In before crit. In before actually going inside the base still under brazier fire. In before... In before... In before... In before...

Please just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. You're like a 5 year old child who said something silly, got told he was wrong, refused to admit it and is now pushing an invalid point for the sake of it.

Yes Crits and interior fire is where it gets tough but it can still be done. You're not taking fire until you actually hit something under a town bell. You plan a route through their braziers and take them out one by one with a group of 20 100-200 stat guys.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Jalpha » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 am

If I flap my arms fast enough I could get to the moon as well, but that doesn't mean it's possible.

What you are describing is such a dangerous procedure, with such ridiculously high stakes, requiring such incredible luck, teamwork and synchronization as to render it completely unfeasible.

TLDR: So many things can go wrong you'd be retarded to try...
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Procne » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:55 am

Claeyt wrote:
Procne wrote:Other guys just stand there and soak brazier fire, reducing damage done to the basher

Well that wouldn't work because the person who has committed the waste would be hit, but yes, you hit a corner or a specific point in rotation with multiple persons hitting it once or twice and then running out of range until it falls.

All attackers would hit somethinng to be tagged as brazier target. But I got PM that braziers can hit only one target, so I don't know now. I was always sure that braziers shoot at all criminals in range, dividing their damage. I think even devs confirmed it at some point, but can't find any post atm. Oh well...
Procne

Postby Dallane » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:03 am

Maybe you should get out of boston trying to sell overpriced turds and try to raid something.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby darnokpl » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:04 am

Claeyt wrote:

It is more complicated :)
After braziers are triggered they fire at last person who commited crime, so it is possible to tank BB damage, but it require super coordination.

Claeyt wrote:
Jalpha wrote:Claeyt...

Yes Crits and interior fire is where it gets tough but it can still be done. You're not taking fire until you actually hit something under a town bell. You plan a route through their braziers and take them out one by one with a group of 20 100-200 stat guys.

Good luck in the exercise of coordination 5 people... more than 10 people coordinated raid is possible only in theory with current party management system.
Town claim + personal claim on roa triggered braziers on tresspass, so you won't be able to hit brazier even once if that still works! :)
darnokpl

Postby Claeyt » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:32 am

darnokpl wrote:Town claim + personal claim on roa triggered braziers on tresspass, so you won't be able to hit brazier even once if that still works! :)

Personal claim triggered trespassing brazier damage but Town claim didn't.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses