To everyone who traded with Tradewinds

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

To everyone who traded with Tradewinds

Postby tradewinds » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:09 am

So it seems that someone with a lot of friends has taken up the task to ruin my reputation for good.

I guess it all started with this:

Tradewinds wrote:If you were scammed by some con artist claiming to be me, I'm sorry. If you are trying to ruin my reputation, please be more creative about it.

My customers, I have sold everything to you at a fair price. I have helped you if you sought information, and I have provided a free nail here and there when you were in need. Now I turn to you for help, to recognize and inform your friends about a new scam set in place by these evil people.

They have taken the time to create an almost exact copy of me, and even if I describe this copy to you, they can make a new one and call themselves Tradewinds, as many times as they have the energy to do so. What they cannot do is that they can't currently acquire my shirt, they can't acquire my homestead secret "Tradewinds" and they cannot acquire my forum account, unless they hack it.

Everything so far is a fair part of the game, if there is a succesful trader with a brand of being honest and fair, there is of course a way to ruin his reputation. I have done everything I can to stop this madness but they will keep doing what they will.

It is up to you to trust in the sacrecy of the trade. I have never scammed and I never will. If you add me via my homestead secret or pm me via forums, you can be certain that you are talking to the right guy.
Last edited by tradewinds on Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
tradewinds

Re: To everyone who traded with Tradewinds

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:20 am

Thank you very much for the public service announcement. I believe Dallane said it best when he asked you to reveal your real non-sockpuppet account. Your refusal to do so has no-doubt played a large role in your comfort with scamming. I feel like you could have been more clear in your screenshots on who to trust or not. As such, I have taken a screenshot with a clear crime marker on the Tradewinds that should not be trusted.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby solitude_stalker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:25 am

I can vouch that the real tradewinds is very fair trader. That being said, we must be careful of this fake one and everyone should yell ***** you to his face everytime we are in town. :)
A dead reincarnated man talking
solitude_stalker

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:41 am

So, I sent a PM to Tradewinds, arranged a time to meet with him, and still got scammed. Be careful when PMing as that does not help:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=47401

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby solitude_stalker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:45 am

jwhitehorn wrote:So, I sent a PM to Tradewinds, arranged a time to meet with him, and still got scammed. Be careful when PMing as that does not help:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=47401

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe

The chief is indeed right. As can be seen the user name is tradewinds and not Tradewinds. This is indeed creating trouble and is sullying the god name of our honest merchant. Take care guys send your PMs to tradewinds and not Tradewinds (with a capital T)
solitude_stalker

Postby jwhitehorn » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:47 am

solitude_stalker wrote:The chief is indeed right. As can be seen the user name is tradewinds and not Tradewinds. This is indeed creating trouble and is sullying the god name of our honest merchant. Take care guys send your PMs to tradewinds and not Tradewinds (with a capital T)

The plot thickens!

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
jwhitehorn

Postby Jalpha » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:49 am

The plot here is thin.

ITT MM attempts to ruin the reputation of a trader in order to muscle competitors out of the market.

Plymouth 2.0
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby solitude_stalker » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:53 am

Jalpha wrote:The plot here is thin.

ITT MM attempts to ruin the reputation of a trader in order to muscle competitors out of the market.

Plymouth 2.0

Whaaaaat! :shock: Tribe is doing its best to provide ppl with information by pointing out fake ppl here.
solitude_stalker

Postby Jalpha » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:57 am

0/10
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Procne » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:42 am

tradewinds wrote:They have taken the time to create an almost exact copy of me, and even if I describe this copy to you, they can make a new one and call themselves Tradewinds, as many times as they have the energy to do so. What they cannot do is that they can't currently acquire my shirt, they can't acquire my homestead secret "Tradewinds" and they cannot acquire my forum account, unless they hack it.

Everything so far is a fair part of the game, if there is a succesful trader with a brand of being honest and fair, there is of course a way to ruin his reputation. I have done everything I can to stop this madness but they will keep doing what they will.

It is up to you to trust in the sacrecy of the trade. I have never scammed and I never will. If you add me via my homestead secret or pm me via forums, you can be certain that you are talking to the right guy.

You are not the first person targeted by the MM in this way. (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4395&hilit=Boston+trading&p=51242&view=show#p51242)

To me it's a clear indication that you are an honest merchant and a thorn in MM's foot, and as such, you become my number 1 trader if I need anything. Just don't let this crap get to you.
Procne

Next

Return to House of Burgesses