To pave or not to pave?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: To pave or not to pave?

Postby Frotted » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Paving just assures folks of where you are on mini-map... I don't have to know 'exactly' where you are... just get close... blip on mini-map...there you are.

However, if you think of 'end game'... then you'll have lots more than one base... and one toon... so what matter folks know where you are?

Lose one... pick up again somewhere else.

Agree with others though- avoiding pavement is not going to be any protection from dedicated Raiders... might hide you from small time opportunist... no more.
Frotted

Postby L33LEE » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Personally im trying to hold off paving untill im sure my base has at least some adquiate defences and a town bell for security.

Laying pavment long before you have either is just asking to get your base wiped off the map.

Leeroy.
Retribution ~ Death comes to those who wait.

Wishy for Mod - http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7783
L33LEE

Postby Orcling » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:57 pm

L33LEE wrote:Personally im trying to hold off paving untill im sure my base has at least some adquiate defences and a town bell for security.

Laying pavment long before you have either is just asking to get your base wiped off the map.

Leeroy.

But but but how do you pave below smelters and such afterwards? And walls? AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE TURKEY COOP! IT NEEDS PAVEMENT UNDER IT!
Orcling

Postby Cawalox » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Orcling wrote:But but but how do you pave below smelters and such afterwards? And walls? AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE TURKEY COOP! IT NEEDS PAVEMENT UNDER IT!

Destroy, pave, build again.
Cawalox

Postby L33LEE » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:20 pm

Orcling wrote:
L33LEE wrote:Personally im trying to hold off paving untill im sure my base has at least some adquiate defences and a town bell for security.

Leeroy.

But but but how do you pave below smelters and such afterwards? And walls? AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE TURKEY COOP! IT NEEDS PAVEMENT UNDER IT!

Yes because that paving under your house in real life looks so ***** epic.

I pave pathways and travel routes only.

L33LEE

Postby Orcling » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:58 pm

L33LEE wrote:
Orcling wrote:

Leeroy.

Yes because that paving under your house in real life looks so ***** epic.

I pave pathways and travel routes only.

In germany it DOES look epic. Awesome grey paving with a even more awesome red brick building.
Orcling

Postby L33LEE » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Orcling wrote:
In germany it DOES look epic. Awesome grey paving with a even more awesome red brick building.

Rocking that glass flooring i take it ?

L33LEE

Postby Banok » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:28 pm

Claeyt wrote:If you do plan on paving then give us your virgin tiles of your base and your run to the base for the world map. This will show it as not paved on the map for safety. Contact Kwaad with tiles.

I'm sorry but considering how little has been mapped, if I hand you my tiles there will be a ***** dinstinct path showing exactly where I walked from boston to my base.

No dice.

maybe later when alot more is mapped.

I think im going to pave just under the claimstone for now ;p can always rebuild mine/smelters
Banok

Postby tweenprinc3ss » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:38 pm

I recommend not giving your map tiles to people u do not trust.
tweenprinc3ss

Postby pwn » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:50 pm

Paving all day, everyday - come and get me ;)
pwn

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses