To pave or not to pave?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

To pave or not to pave?

Postby Banok » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:06 am

Is it possible to build an endgame base, all buildings, without paving the ground?

If so is it viable? ie on claimed land is paving required to stop everything breaking? or is paving inevitable anyway to maintain walls/defences?

Looking for knowledgable input/advise on this topic, since it would seem not paving might be a viable way to avoid injuns for as long as possible.
Banok

Re: To pave or not to pave?

Postby Darwoth » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:09 am

pave if you want to pave, if you think not doing so is going to prevent anyone from finding your base then you have been paying to much attention to retarded newbs.
Darwoth

Postby TheBatman » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:10 am

paving proves you are manly. people who dont pave have no manhood and lack the strength to do so
TheBatman

Postby Cawalox » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:25 am

Yeah it is possible.
Paving and decay is from H&H as far as I know. In Salem things dont decay on claimed land paved or not.
Large dig out ground (leveled) is possible to spot even once the original biome groves back but not as much as pavement.
Cawalox

Postby Dallane » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:35 am

Pave that **** and make it look good.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby jwhitehorn » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:48 am

Dallane wrote:Pave that **** and make it look good.

This. Everybody should pave everything to make sure their carts go faster.

Chief PeePooKaKa
MM Tribe
Admin for Salem Wiki • Make suggestions or complaints in the Wiki Suggestion thread
jwhitehorn

Postby Jalpha » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:06 am

jwhitehorn wrote:This. Everybody should pave everything to make sure their carts go faster.

See you when you can break plankwall.

Paving erryday.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Claeyt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:15 am

If you do plan on paving then give us your virgin tiles of your base and your run to the base for the world map. This will show it as not paved on the map for safety. Contact Kwaad with tiles.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Postby Jalpha » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:11 am

Claeyt having you know where I live would be just as dangerous as having someone upload my paving to the public map.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
Jalpha

Postby Claeyt » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:00 pm

Jalpha wrote:Claeyt having you know where I live would be just as dangerous as having someone upload my paving to the public map.

Then don't tell me where you live. Just give the tiles to Kwaad and I'll never know. In fact if you do it right and give him a bunch of your original paths from town and virgin tiles from Providence then even he won't know. Everyone will know where you live if a mapper finds you've paved.

Also paving is going to help cart movement.
jorb wrote:(jwhitehorn) you are an ungrateful, spoiled child

As the river rolled over the cliffs, my own laughing joy was drowned out by the roaring deluge of the water. The great cataract of Darwoth's Tears fell over and over endlessly.
Claeyt

Next

Return to House of Burgesses