MM Tribe Episode 2.1 Disturbed Burial Grounds

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: MM Tribe Episode 2.1 Disturbed Burial Grounds

Postby Dallane » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:12 am

Nixman wrote:
Before they get stuck in and start spending in the store?

I must admit I'm really surprised the devs haven't altered the pvp mechanics somewhat to safeguard their business from players like you, you take more than you add and put the game at risk of closure.
Suffice to say, I expect the population will start going back down to under 100 soon enough unless they serious overhaul the core mechanics, its too much grind to lose and start over.


Perma death does not alter the population as the devs have stated before. Their lack of updates and "interest" in the game drove many away. Now that we are seeing updates almost every day now we can only hope it continues and with that the population will stabilize and grow.

Take your hand holding elsewhere, you know nothing about the devs.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 15167
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: MM Tribe Episode 2.1 Disturbed Burial Grounds

Postby kompletist » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:30 am

Mereni wrote:This game is all about raiding and killing other players. It's a core mechanic, so expect it to happen. You didn't really lose anything, since your characters are still alive. I doubt there was much in those baskets, looked like a few herbs and stones you can gather again in a couple hours. Try relocating to a safer place if you can't handle the pvp aspect of Salem.


Disagree to some extent sir. Some of my friends and I are tinkering with Salem and have in the past but it doesn't seem as though it's for the "hardcore" pvp bloodlust. No offense to those that are into Salem for the raiding and killing (Tribe and the likes).

Our group hooked up via games like Darkfall and later Rust though and if we wanted nothing but the raiding and killing we would definitely be playing those games both of which are full loot pvp.

Agree with the main point of QQ though, if you can't handle what happened in that video then you are definitely playing the wrong game. Maybe it's justified once those cats kill you which there is a very real possibility of but just remember it's only pixels!
User avatar
kompletist
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:50 am

Re: MM Tribe Episode 2.1 Disturbed Burial Grounds

Postby Ikpeip » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:47 am

Good evening,

Nixman wrote:I must admit I'm really surprised the devs haven't altered the pvp mechanics somewhat to safeguard their business from players like you, you take more than you add and put the game at risk of closure.


What mechanics do you think should be in place, to protect items not on a claim?

Faithfully,

-PmP
User avatar
Ikpeip
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Re: MM Tribe Episode 2.1 Disturbed Burial Grounds

Postby TheBatman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:55 am

to be fair a claim takes quite a long time for a new player to get if

a) they don't buy silver
b) they are a hermit

getting 150 silver used to be easy with savage charms but ever since they nerfed them a few years ago it's nearly impossible to find indian feathers. that means your first source of silver as a new player is crickets which takes a while.

so, there shouldnt really be any mechanic to protect against unclaimed items. but, there should be a mechanic to make this game less pay to win.

what if your starting leanto had a small claim zone that came with it but didnt leave scents? it would protect items but if the attacker had theft or whatnot it wouldnt leave a scent. and when i say small i mean 1x buffer around the leanto; not enough for anything important - just baskets.

the hero you don't deserve right now,
the batman
TheBatman
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:16 am

Re: MM Tribe Episode 2.1 Disturbed Burial Grounds

Postby ziyakaz » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:22 am

TheBatman wrote:getting 150 silver used to be easy with savage charms but ever since they nerfed them a few years ago it's nearly impossible to find indian feathers. that means your first source of silver as a new player is crickets which takes a while.


I may have just had good luck, but I've found enough feathers so far to have purchased a claim. I usually find at least a couple a day.
ziyakaz
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Re: MM Tribe Episode 2.1 Disturbed Burial Grounds

Postby TheBatman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:26 am

or perhaps the batman has bad luck, as i've yet to find one. have about two dozen arrowheads, though.

hating rng,
the batman
TheBatman
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:16 am

Re: MM Tribe Episode 2.1 Disturbed Burial Grounds

Postby Nimmeth » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:27 am

Image
Scott Burton: You shall pay toll for passing the bridge, or else the Troll Below the bridge shall consume you!
User avatar
Nimmeth
Customer
 
Posts: 487
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:05 pm
Location: Plymouth

Re: MM Tribe Episode 2.1 Disturbed Burial Grounds

Postby TheBatman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:01 am

they dont make great movies like that anymore. except the ones i was in.

amazingly famous,
the dark knight
TheBatman
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:16 am

Re: MM Tribe Episode 2.1 Disturbed Burial Grounds

Postby Mereni » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:43 am

TheBatman wrote:to be fair a claim takes quite a long time for a new player to get if

a) they don't buy silver
b) they are a hermit

getting 150 silver used to be easy with savage charms but ever since they nerfed them a few years ago it's nearly impossible to find indian feathers. that means your first source of silver as a new player is crickets which takes a while.

so, there shouldnt really be any mechanic to protect against unclaimed items. but, there should be a mechanic to make this game less pay to win.

what if your starting leanto had a small claim zone that came with it but didnt leave scents? it would protect items but if the attacker had theft or whatnot it wouldnt leave a scent. and when i say small i mean 1x buffer around the leanto; not enough for anything important - just baskets.

the hero you don't deserve right now,
the batman


Getting 150 silver is quite easy really. Aside from the savage charms, stumps are still generating dry snake skins, which sell for 4 silver each. It's also not that huge a risk to put up a few drying frames if you're able to kill rabbits, which are easier to kill than crickets. No silver purchase needed.

The starting leanto is the equivalent of a small a claim which can hold up to two containers that can't be taken without larceny.

As for the pvp aspect, this game doesn't employ a logout timer, so it is really fairly easy to avoid fighting if you just log out. Just how much easier do you think the devs should make avoiding combat before you're suggesting completely changing the game with some stupid optional pvp mechanic?
User avatar
Mereni
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:26 am

Re: MM Tribe Episode 2.1 Disturbed Burial Grounds

Postby Jalpha » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:24 am

I've been meaning for some time, to make a video explaining how to rush Settling, and then post it on Youtube to show how simple it is, and how quickly it can be done.

Without stump spawns though it's a little more tricky to get the silver, but I'm sure people will be buying hay soon, and they are already buying other things.
Professor Gu Zhongmao wrote:These projects are beautiful to scientists, but nightmarish to engineers
User avatar
Jalpha
 
Posts: 1044
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests