ok seriously, what the ***** am i doing?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: ok seriously, what the ***** am i doing?

Postby Darwoth » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:02 am

play the game if you want and discover on your own, suffice to say there is a reason why everyone knowledgeable on the games workings thinks it is **** now and that it has not even come close to breaking 300 on launch. (all 3 of the old servers were simultaneously 300 - 450 at their launch by comparison)
Darwoth

Postby Buto » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:10 am

To put it in the simplest of terms:

You and bob are playing and doing the exact same things, leveling the exact same way.
You miss a day of gaming due to whatever.
You are now behind Bob by X stats.
There is no way for you to catch back up to Bob.

One month down the road from now Billy decides he wants to play Salem.
Billy has "missed" one month of gaming because he just now decided to play the game.
There is no way for Billy to catch up.

So not only is this patch bad for people "with a life", this patch is directly counter-productive for gaining new blood down the line.
Buto

Postby Dallane » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:11 am

Buto wrote:I'm clueless

Yes you are
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby kabuto202 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:11 am

Darwoth wrote:play the game if you want and discover on your own, suffice to say there is a reason why everyone knowledgeable on the games workings thinks it is **** now and that it has not even come close to breaking 300 on launch. (all 3 of the old servers were simultaneously 300 - 450 at their launch by comparison)

The reason why the game's population never broke 300 is because people get bored and stop playing, there's absolutely no reason to do anything besides raid in the late, because that's the only thing that's actually entertaining. Even territorial conquest is pretty pointless, because there's so much quality land around and so little population it's easier to just find another patch. Not too mention that there's virtually no point in joining a village other than to go zerg-swarm, because you can pretty much do everything solo-hermit anyways, and the best way to not get raided is not having a giant slab of renovated land on a minimap with a giant announcement of "You have entered ***** pls raid us". Therefore there was little to no sense of an over arching community to keep people together and therefore playing. At best, it was a couple of friends who eventually decided "Hey, this game isn't fun anymore, you guys wanna play something else?"

Since there is little longevity in terms of gameplay, people are less reluctant to buy anything and the only people who stick around are basement dwellers/raiders running around doing 500x500 fights, but they have no reason to buy anything because the only thing that they actually need are more 500 bile alts, that are going to eventually die anyway, so why bother investing IRL money into them? (Not too mention that cash shop prices are ***** absurd). Therefore, Jobtar get **** for cash, and the game's development continues even slower.

Honestly, I'll probably be done playing once the novelty of exploring the new darkness wears off, and once I get bored off murding scrubs or get murdered myself.
kabuto202

Postby Darwoth » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:18 am

i am tired of arguing about what the patch actually means with people who are to inexperienced to know any better or never played it anyway but exist here just to run their cocksuckers (dallane).

everything i outlined is 100% accurate, in a few months everybody will realize this as the population begins to head south of 100 again and complaints about all of the issues i pointed out right here become the reasons.
Darwoth

Postby kabuto202 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:22 am

Darwoth wrote:i am tired of arguing about what the patch actually means with people who are to inexperienced to know any better or never played it anyway but exist here just to run their cocksuckers (dallane).

everything i outlined is 100% accurate, in a few months everybody will realize this as the population begins to head south of 100 again and complaints about all of the issues i pointed out right here become the reasons.

Inexperienced? Son, I've been playing longer than you have.
kabuto202

Postby Judaism » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:25 am

Darwoth wrote:in a few weeks
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Darwoth » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:27 am

kabuto202 wrote:Inexperienced? Son, I've been playing longer than you have.

unless you were playing in early early alpha no you haven't

and logging on yet accomplishing nothing of note still makes you inexperienced as evidence by the newb **** you are saying, you can stand there holding a box of tools in a workshop for 3 weeks if you want. you still do not know how to build anything.
Darwoth

Postby AmmaBoss » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:29 am

I think pretty soon we will get a patch so that we can atleast do something to reduce the time require to wait after gluttony session / earn inspiration faster so that the person that play the game alot will have something to do that require extra effort so they can progress faster than others.
AmmaBoss

Postby Judaism » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:33 am

AmmaBoss wrote:I think pretty soon we will get a patch so that we can atleast do something to reduce the time require to wait after gluttony session / earn inspiration faster so that the person that play the game alot will have something to do that require extra effort so they can progress faster than others.

The devs had months to pick the system they wanted and picked this one, if they would change it anytime soon they would be retarded and on top of that it will make the current effort made worthless.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses