ok seriously, what the ***** am i doing?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: ok seriously, what the ***** am i doing?

Postby Mushibag » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:31 pm

That quote from your guildmate was pretty much spot on. The whole idea of restricting character progression to be time based like this rather than based on effort is just absurd.
Mushibag

Postby kabuto202 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:34 pm

Mushibag wrote:That quote from your guildmate was pretty much spot on. The whole idea of restricting character progression to be time based like this rather than based on effort is just absurd.

Sorry some of us have this thing, called a life. It may include a job, school, social interaction with human beings, and a hobby. Not everyone can devote their entire existence to a game just so they don't get rolled by basement dwellers with 500 bile.
kabuto202

Postby Mushibag » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:37 pm

kabuto202 wrote:
Mushibag wrote:That quote from your guildmate was pretty much spot on. The whole idea of restricting character progression to be time based like this rather than based on effort is just absurd.

Sorry some of us have this thing, called a life. It may include a job, school, social interaction with human beings, and a hobby. Not everyone can devote their entire existence to a game just so they don't get rolled by basement dwellers with 500 bile.

You must have missed the quote, it was talking about how the guy likes to not play much during the work week, then catch up on the weekend, which this new system does not allow.
Mushibag

Postby kabuto202 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:39 pm

Mushibag wrote:
kabuto202 wrote:

You must have missed the quote, it was talking about how the guy likes to not play much during the work week, then catch up on the weekend, which this new system does not allow.

I guess I have. How though?

Step 1) Save up inspiration.
Step 2) Log on weekend, blow through inspiration.
Step 3) Cook up for gluttony during week.

Step 4) During week, log on for 5 min. Gluttony. Log off.
kabuto202

Postby Dallane » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:41 pm

kabuto202 wrote:

You are still going to be dominated
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:41 pm

because unless you are going to log on every couple hours to glutton you will fall behind FASTER than you would have vs typical powergamers under the old system.
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:42 pm

Darwoth wrote:because unless you are going to log on every couple hours to glutton you will fall behind FASTER than you would have vs typical powergamers under the old system.

learn 2 bot

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:43 pm

i played a game like that, it was called darkfall. everyone sat around running autoit scripts for 6 months before they had a character worth using. that game died.
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:54 pm

Darwoth wrote:i played a game like that, it was called darkfall. everyone sat around running autoit scripts for 6 months before they had a character worth using. that game died.

qq ******

Dallane

Postby kabuto202 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:59 pm

Darwoth wrote:because unless you are going to log on every couple hours to glutton you will fall behind FASTER than you would have vs typical powergamers under the old system.

Really? One gluttony session leaves me with about an 8 hour gluttony timer, and that still not using an optimal combination.
kabuto202

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses