***** the Treaty.

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: ***** the Treaty.

Postby Mushibag » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:45 am

Jalpha wrote:Of course I'm no PvPer so take that advice under advisement.

^This.

idiotul1 wrote:I'm still waiting for that guide

We never said we would create such a guide.

My advice for all of your questions is to play the game, and learn the mechanics. Or, if that doesn't float your boat, you can wait for someone to volunteer to make such a guide. You can wait for my guide if you'd like, but I don't recommend holding your breath while you wait.

No one had any advantages over anyone else at world start, other than time and commitment. We were all starting with a new, and unfamiliar system. As such, I don't feel it would be in anyone's best interest to create a guide to reduce the learning curve. Hell, most of the appeal of this game lies in its rather steep learning curve. So, to desecrate that learning curve with a guide would, in my opinion, be an affront to the Almighty Jorbtar, and the game they've worked so hard to make us have this love/hate relationship with.
Mushibag

Postby idiotul1 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:45 am

Mushibag wrote:We never said we would create such a guide.

My advice for all of your questions is to play the game, and learn the mechanics. Or, if that doesn't float your boat, you can wait for someone to volunteer to make such a guide. You can wait for my guide if you'd like, but I don't recommend holding your breath while you wait.

No one had any advantages over anyone else at world start, other than time and commitment. We were all starting with a new, and unfamiliar system. As such, I don't feel it would be in anyone's best interest to create a guide to reduce the learning curve. Hell, most of the appeal of this game lies in its rather steep learning curve. So, to desecrate that learning curve with a guide would, in my opinion, be an affront to the Almighty Jorbtar, and the game they've worked so hard to make us have this love/hate relationship with.

Jalpha said he would make a 1-30 and a 30-50 biles guide but he's lazy
Considering the fact that many pro players are at 80+ biles, only if you outnumber someone you can defeat him. And that's because you can't be pro as a new player without guidance or people to practice with. There's no fun in finding yourself efficient ways to develop your character when:
1. Tribe and Anti-tribe people know them already. Both groups played for a while and some of the old mechanics still apply to this day.
2. There's a chance to get killed any minute by the tribe as you develop your character.

The only reason nobody would make such a guide to reveal their secrets would be so that nobody can become a dominant power other than the tribe. And if the tribe where to fall, the people who killed them would have a chance to become a tribe type of gang.

BUT since the Anti-tribe group doesn't want to help the hermits, I'll start my own group with people unrelated to the forums/ingame and conduct experiments related to character progression. I'll update in this thread with info about this. Once I have enough info to work with, i'll make a simplified guide based on experience on how to improve your character and what to aim for.
If i ever make the said guide efficient with methods as good as how pro players work, I'll turn myself against both the tribe and anti-tribe people to eliminate these vile scorns.

To start, small guide on how to begin working with the purity system :
You can start from any of the chapters. 1st chapter is time consuming while the 2nd one is location dependent. I suggest you start with chapter 2.

1st Chapter:
- get 30+ hunting and gathering (the more the better, affects gathered/hunted item's cap like plants and animals)
- gather plants of the exact same purity (with approx. same concentrations). The plants must be 3%+ purity, the more the better.
- get a lot of common earthworms (at least 10 tho)
- put them in a container and surround each worm with the plants mentioned before. The worms will slowly inherit the purity of the plants when they eat them.
Early you can: Get two wooden boxes, fill the middle horizontal line of the box with worms and fill the rest of the spaces with the mentioned plants

2nd Chapter:
- Get 30+ Pots and Pans (affects clay purity cap)
- Get 30+ Mines and Mountains (affects stones purity cap)
- Find a clay node of around 3%+ purity. The elements must me close to the worms (if you started with them already). I suggest you use an alt to find this kind of location so your main won't be found that easy.
- Find granite on the ground that's 2%+ purity. The elements must be close to both the worms and the clay.
- Lastly find lime that's 3%+ purity. The elements must be close to the worms, clay and granite
- Create Gardening Pots with the said materials.

Once you made all the chapters:
- Get the Forestry Skill
- Put the worms in a compost, fill it with any junk, then wait for some humus spawn in it.
- Fill the Gardening pots with that humus
- Plant trees in them
- Once fully grown, make boards out of those trees and make a new compost out of them. The boards will influence the humus more than the worms.
- Repeat the last 3 lines by making better and better trees until you have the max purity you can possibly get from that location.

Good luck!
For any mistakes I made that needs to be pointed out or tips for this little guide, please provide a clear reason to why x is better than y.
Last edited by idiotul1 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
idiotul1

Postby Erunildo » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:58 am

If this post is intended for newbs i would just point out not to look at the % of lime/granite/clay but at the value of the element you want. A 3% lime for example could have a lower lead element than a 2%. Also maybe point out that M&M affects the purity of the granite/lime you will find.

Good work;)

P.s also maybe change the word concentration with element? With concentration i tend to think %, while i think you are trying to say that the elements should match.
Erunildo

Postby idiotul1 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Erunildo wrote:If this post is intended for newbs i would just point out not to look at the % of lime/granite/clay but at the value of the element you want. A 3% lime for example could have a lower lead element than a 2%. Also maybe point out that M&M affects the purity of the granite/lime you will find.

That's what I tried to focus on when I mentioned the "concentration match"

Erunildo wrote:Good work;)

P.s also maybe change the word concentration with element? With concentration i tend to think %, while i think you are trying to say that the elements should match.

Fixed. Thanks

And thank you for the positive feedback.
idiotul1

Postby Darwoth » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:46 pm

idiotul1 wrote:
1st Chapter:
- get 30+ hunting and gathering (the more the better, affects gathered/hunted item's cap like plants and animals)
- gather plants of the exact same purity (with approx. same concentrations). The plants must be 3%+ purity, the more the better.
- get a lot of common earthworms (at least 10 tho)
- put them in a container and surround each worm with the plants mentioned before. The worms will slowly inherit the purity of the plants when they eat them.
Early you can: Get two wooden boxes, fill the middle horizontal line of the box with worms and fill the rest of the spaces with the mentioned plants

2nd Chapter:
- Get 30+ Pots and Pans (affects clay purity cap)
- Get 30+ Mines and Mountains (affects stones purity cap)
- Find a clay node of around 3%+ purity. The elements must me close to the worms (if you started with them already). I suggest you use an alt to find this kind of location so your main won't be found that easy.
- Find granite on the ground that's 2%+ purity. The elements must be close to both the worms and the clay.
- Lastly find lime that's 3%+ purity. The elements must be close to the worms, clay and granite
- Create Gardening Pots with the said materials.

Once you made all the chapters:
- Get the Forestry Skill
- Put the worms in a compost, fill it with any junk, then wait for some humus spawn in it.
- Fill the Gardening pots with that humus
- Plant trees in them
- Once fully grown, make boards out of those trees and make a new compost out of them. The boards will influence the humus more than the worms.
- Repeat the last 3 lines by making better and better trees until you have the max purity you can possibly get from that location.

Good luck!
For any mistakes I made that needs to be pointed out or tips for this little guide, please provide a clear reason to why x is better than y.

just so everyone knows this is easily the biggest waste of time you can embark upon as a newb, but that tends to happen if the guy giving the advice has idiot as his name.
Darwoth

Postby idiotul1 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Darwoth wrote:
just so everyone knows this is easily the biggest waste of time you can embark upon as a newb, but that tends to happen if the guy giving the advice has idiot as his name.

If you don't have any constructive tips or reasons why this little guide is a waste, then your remark is meaningless and you're a troll
Go back to 4chan.
idiotul1

Postby Darwoth » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:02 pm

ironically in spite of being told hundreds of times to go back to 4chan i have never been there or know what it is, please do inform.

and picking apart your "guide" and how it is retarded is not possible without inadvertently making my own guide, which i do not care to do.
Darwoth

Postby Dallane » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Darwoth wrote:ironically in spite of being told hundreds of times to go back to 4chan i have never been there or know what it is, please do inform.

and picking apart your "guide" and how it is retarded is not possible without inadvertently making my own guide, which i do not care to do.

>2014
>doesn't know what 4chan is
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:04 pm

well i have never been to "bnet" either in spite of being informed of my "bnet kiddie" status many thousands of times as well.
Darwoth

Postby idiotul1 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Darwoth wrote:

It's common sense that you won't reveal your character development secrets so that nobody that's enemy with you can get to your level. So you should admit that you're afraid of doing the guide rather than being too lazy to give a fk.
idiotul1

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses