Second Age Treaty

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Second Age Treaty

Postby Ikpeip » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:19 am

Good evening Pilgrims,

Applications for Treaty closed as of 06SEP14. Those who already sent PMs and are pending processing will be grandfathered in. Otherwise, new Treaty Members may only be added if joining a village which is already signed up.

The introduction...
My name is Peter, a humble missionary among the Natives of the New World. I have been laboring to reform these proud but misguided people and cure them of their Paganistic ways. I am delighted to report a large portion of the populace, including their Chieftain, have moved closer to the truth and adopted a Monotheistic belief. Instead of sinfully praising two deities, they have realized there can only be one supreme source, whom they have settled upon as "Loftar." The Devil who seeks to corrupt them they call "Jorb" - they believe that it is this Devil who brought upon the Apocalypse of the First Age. While I admit there is some distance before they reach the full Truth, this is a good step in the right direction.

However, with the recent surge in new colonists, the lands are bound to be rife with tension soon. I expressed my concerns about this to their Chief, and he asked me to oversee a "Treaty." Historical records indicate this was a pact between the Natives and the settlers of the First Age.

The terms...
Becoming a Treaty Member is the most basic level of affiliation with the Tribe that the Tribe offers. Settlers who sign up for the Treaty will receive:
-A guarantee of non-aggression from the Tribal Braves
-A guarantee of non-aggression from Tribal Horde affiliates (for as long as this affiliation lasts)
-Justice and vengeance against other settlers who commit aggressive acts against them
-Favorable trading rights with the Tribal traders
-Access to limited maps as they are compiled

Settlers who sign up for the Treaty will provide:
-Their names, and the names of those who share a homestead with them
-Their location, to ensure legitimate settlers may be identified among the illegal Filthy Squatters
-An oath to live by the rules below

The Rules:
-The Tribe is the sole legitimate government in the New World, and Treaty Members(TMs) shall recognize no other government
-TMs shall not commit crimes against their fellow man, except in self-defense. This includes larceny, waste, assault, and murder
-TMs shall not conspire against the Tribe, or work to weaken their interests
-TMs shall not live in the Tribal Burial Grounds (this area will be well-defined when it has been identified - any TMs living in the area when it is identified will be given time to relocate)
-TMs must not worship Jorb

FAQ:
Does this cost money/silver?

No, per order of the Chief

Why do we have to tell you where we live now?

To make it more efficient to identify TMs from Filthy Squatters, not only for the Braves but for Tribal Horde affiliates

Why didn't you give me warning I needed to sign up before you smashed my claim?

This was your warning - if we find an unsigned claim with the player online, we may accept a late fee as a penalty. Otherwise, the illegal settlement will be removed. We recognize no obligation to give criminals a chance to reform only when they have been caught

When can I sign up?

You may send me a PM now, before you have settled, and then provide your homestead location once it has been established.

How long will the Treaty remain in effect?

Any changes to the rules of the Treaty will be announced at least a few days before they are enacted. Those who break with rules of the Treaty can be kicked out immediately.

The farmville life isn't for me, but I want more!

If you wish to fight and raid for the Tribe, speak with Chief about other relationships available with the Tribe besides being a Treaty Member. Otherwise, take your chances as a criminal.

The farmville life is for me, and I want more!

Historically there have been individuals whose productivity and work ethic rises above that of the average populace. If you are such a member and wish for closer affiliation with the Tribe (but don't wish to live the life of violence), speak with Chief about the Spirit Guide program.

Faithfully,

-Peter, missionary among the Pagans
Last edited by Ikpeip on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ikpeip

Re: Second Age Treaty

Postby Boss » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:29 am

The gate that leads to damnation is wide, the road is clear, and many choose to travel it. ~ [Matthew, 7:13-14]
Boss

Postby Michael » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Ikpeip wrote:-TMs must worship Jorb

I thought you guys were pissed at Jorb for destroying all your basses. Anyways what's going to happen in a few months when you guys are able to destroy our bases again? Why wouldn't you just bring back the Silver Cost for treaty membership? You would even have their base map location already in your files for your attack.
Michael

Postby mosyo_meurseult » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:18 pm

Michael wrote:

I thought you guys were pissed at Jorb for destroying all your basses. Anyways what's going to happen in a few months when you guys are able to destroy our bases again? Why wouldn't you just bring back the Silver Cost for treaty membership? You would even have their base map location already in your files for your attack.

:) that's right. This little polite banker is kidding us.
mosyo_meurseult

Postby Ikpeip » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:02 am

Good evening,
Michael wrote:

I thought you guys were pissed at Jorb for destroying all your basses.

The Devil himself edited the original post.

Michael wrote:Anyways what's going to happen in a few months when you guys are able to destroy our bases again? Why wouldn't you just bring back the Silver Cost for treaty membership? You would even have their base map location already in your files for your attack.

Faithfully,

-PmP
Ikpeip

Postby solitude_stalker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:24 am

How do I find out where I live? I am in the middle of nowhere.
A dead reincarnated man talking
solitude_stalker

Postby imrielle » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:35 am

Eventually, there will be a map in progress up of the server. PistolShrimp is running a map project, and either Evey, Tribe or I will have a webpage based map up. You'll be able to locate yourself that way.

You can contact either PistolShrimp for details or how to contribute to his project, or send a download link to any of the others mentioned of your tiles, if you'd like to contribute. Any sent my way will be sent their way, depending on who ends up starting up a map first.
imrielle
Customer

Postby solitude_stalker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:27 am

cool. ty for the info.
A dead reincarnated man talking
solitude_stalker

Postby theMGMT » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Hello I'm trying to sign the treaty but I have not yet gotten a response. I'd like to before I go back out into the world. I have PMed the Chief and Ikpeip
theMGMT
Customer

Postby Nimmeth » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:52 pm

theMGMT wrote:Hello I'm trying to sign the treaty but I have not yet gotten a response. I'd like to before I go back out into the world. I have PMed the Chief and Ikpeip

I'm sure Peter will reply as soon as he sees it, don't worry :)
Scott Burton: You shall pay toll for passing the bridge, or else the Troll Below the bridge shall consume you!
Nimmeth
Customer

Next

Return to House of Burgesses