Is salem worth playing?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Is salem worth playing?

Postby Dallane » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:00 am

The game is still worth playing if you enjoy it. there is still a fair amount of drama that still happens. Just look at this thread with ass mad people. Join the discord and interact with everyone. Unfortunately we are content starved. Marp is still around doing things for the community but we just dont get anything new
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Sinnerman » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:43 pm

Dallane wrote:The game is still worth playing if you enjoy it.

Why rape a corpse?

Judaism wrote:fighting the pirates and wiping them out

You can continue to boast further, but without the use of bugs and the help of developers, your scalp decorated my deck a long time ago. Pirates leave this game only by one reason - developer's interference in the gameplay and the unpunished use of bugs by other players.
JC simply decided to remove influential factions from the game in this way.

Always yours retired Captain James Purefoy.

Blood will be shed
Lives will be lost
People will be devastated

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7pLo3IPKI0fD4ZqIXe2hPg
Sinnerman

Postby Judaism » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:22 pm

Sinnerman wrote:You can continue to boast further, but without the use of bugs and the help of developers, your scalp decorated my deck a long time ago. Pirates leave this game only by one reason - developer's interference in the gameplay and the unpunished use of bugs by other players.

I recall precisely how you died, it was the following: You commited crimes, therefore we were able to summon you online. The walls were inbetween, so the only way to directly kill you(there were many other methods) was to actually bring over a witch and curse you to death. You had multiple flaws in your base design aswell, which was why this was possible.

Fully intended mechanics which are still in the game, zero abuse. The abuse came from your part, which later was actually changed. You utilized pilgrim hovels as a line of defence which require a significantly higher phlegm soak value. That is the reason, why you now need a couple of spaces inbetween houses.

Also before saying anything, the only limitation were the biles at that point. Breaking Brick at the first few months of Providence was harsh with 400 biled characters, which barely were above the soak values of Brick. It would take many hours, even more so with active defenders.

The fact of the matter was that we actually broke most of your walls, while you tried to defend and were actively engaging in combat inside your own base. Not a chance in hell that your faction was organised or skilled enough to ever form a serious danger.

If something small like this actually was enough of a set-back then that is silly, there were actually way more serious ninja changes with much greater impact at a certain point.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Goodman12 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:24 pm

Colfeng wrote:I remember the heydays of the peepookaka clan, Darwoth ***** on the forums and flame wars between prominent forum goers like Dallane and Colsie. Is there still a vibrant forum community? Is salem still worth visiting? This game will always hold a special place in my heart. I just hope it still has the same interesting forum presence it had when I last visited.

All games are worth playing so long as you enjoy it, regardless of inactive devs, dead population etc which is exactly the case with Salem.
If you enjoy salem for its social aspect then you likely won't enjoy it in its current state.
If you enjoy the grind, base building, character progression etc then it might be worth getting back into it.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Goodman12 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:01 pm

Taipion wrote:Just look at that ocean of tears... you know it's a special game if someone who "quit" long ago still roams the (admittedly dead) forum (discord > forums) even years later.

Salem WAS a special game which is why he and a lot of other players occasionally check the forum on the off chance its given a chance of returning or surpassing its former glory.
Taipion wrote:there still is drama

By drama he means a couple of players verbally ***** on each other in the salem discord when given the opportunity to do so.
Taipion wrote:there still are big scalps getting collected every now and then

There is 1 remaining pvp group(which I am a part of) that gets active one or 2 times a year to kill / raid players we don't like. That too will end soon I suspect.
Taipion wrote: and there is a vast, mostly untouched world to explore...

There is nothing fascinating about Salem's map. 5 minutes of exploring is enough to see all unique occurrences, after that, only interesting thing you might see is a base which is a pretty rare occurrence now and if you pray hard enough maybe Marp will grace you with his presence which is definitely not something you should be extremely happy about but atleast then you'd see another "player" because its unlikely that you see anyone else (in the wilderness ofc, not the main town)
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
Goodman12

Postby Sinnerman » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:51 pm

Judaism wrote:I recall precisely how you died, it was the following: You commited crimes, therefore we were able to summon you online. The walls were inbetween, so the only way to directly kill you(there were many other methods) was to actually bring over a witch and curse you to death. You had multiple flaws in your base design aswell, which was why this was possible.

But tell me how real it was to become a witch in the first hours after the release of the update? And why I haven't seen any curse indicators?

Judaism wrote:Fully intended mechanics which are still in the game, zero abuse. The abuse came from your part, which later was actually changed.

You were knocked by a shot from one of the braziers, and you were in battle, after a couple of minutes when my team was about to go into a counteroffensive, you started teleporting out of the vilage claim and just disappeared.
Later a Carver who watched from the outside called it a bug that was fixed. But you have not received any punishment for this, most likely because it was the Carver who saved you from certain death.

Judaism wrote:Also before saying anything, the only limitation were the biles at that point. Breaking Brick at the first few months of Providence was harsh with 400 biled characters, which barely were above the soak values of Brick. It would take many hours, even more so with active defenders.

As I said before the siege mechanic was a complete sh*t, for the reason, if you don't have 400 biles character u will die anyway because can't destroy brick wall and destroy Trial by Fire. Trial by Fire must had to have an action timer and that would be fair.

Judaism wrote:The fact of the matter was that we actually broke most of your walls, while you tried to defend and were actively engaging in combat inside your own base. Not a chance in hell that your faction was organised or skilled enough to ever form a serious danger.

We were not ready for open combat at that time for several reasons, and one of them is that some people have business in real life.

Judaism wrote:You utilized pilgrim hovels as a line of defence which require a significantly higher phlegm soak value. That is the reason, why you now need a couple of spaces inbetween houses.

Ie you think that if you don't have enough soak values ​​to destroy hovels, hovels must be removed by developer? But if the opposing team does not have 400 biles to destroy brick wall and destroy trial by fire, brick wall must stay?
Btw dud, why should I mess about my hovels as a player? If you are a game developer, you should take these aspects into account in your code, and not do the removal of houses and other objects with your own hands on the day of the siege.
It sounds like - "Hey JC my character is stuck in the trees can you get him from there?!" and JS login to game to help this poor guy..Although a couple of "if", "else" conditions are enough for this with patch, which would solve this problem, if you understand what I mean. Such actions only show the lack of professionalism on the part of the game developers.

Besides, you have not gained access to anything of value including my character's corpse. I had enough reserves to restore my character after a couple of weeks, but the very fact of JC's intervention and the use of bugs on your part was my decision to leave this game.

Last edited by Sinnerman on Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blood will be shed
Lives will be lost

Sinnerman

Postby spalari » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:15 pm

It's still worth playing, we get a handful of new players every month- As always some people stick around and some leave again- Since Salem will never be for everyone.
It's a relatively different game today than it used to be, with new metas. Where some people having developed more refined ways of playing the same old mechanics. If there is a better game out there that scratches the itch that Salem scratches, please let me know. But as for now Salem is the best at taking care of my need for a fix.
Hs: Olive

belgear wrote: I don't care what kinda coffee she makes, I only care about what kind of ***** she takes.
spalari

Postby Goodman12 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:31 pm

Sinnerman wrote:You can continue to boast further, but without the use of bugs and the help of developers, your scalp decorated my deck a long time ago. Pirates leave this game only by one reason - developer's interference in the gameplay and the unpunished use of bugs by other players.

You are as delusional and stupid as ever.
The Jamestowm Pirates had ample time to "decorate their decks" with our scalps if they were truly capable of doing so.
Every single encounter we've had with you guys on Providence ended the same way(with your backs turned while running to safety).

Sinnerman wrote: But tell me how real it was to become a witch in the first hours after the release of the update? And why I haven't seen any curse indicators?

Pretty sure witchcraft has been released for a week or a little less.

Sinnerman wrote:You were knocked by a shot from one of the braziers, and you were in battle, after a couple of minutes when my team was about to go into a counteroffensive, you started teleporting out of the vilage claim and just disappeared.

Juda discovered that bug the same time you all saw it. Pretty sure it was reported instantly and JC hot fixed it. That hotfix saved your teammate that we had ko'd.

Sinnerman wrote:As I said before the siege mechanic was a complete sh*t, for the reason, if you don't have 400 biles character u will die anyway because can't destroy brick wall and destroy Trial by Fire. Trial by Fire must had to have an action timer and that would be fair.

Simple
1) Get the ***** required stats necessary to bash the brick wall
2) Kill the attackers when they come to your walls
Your team failed to do both.
Sinnerman wrote:Later a Carver who watched from the outside called it a bug that was fixed. But you have not received any punishment for this, most likely because it was the Carver who saved you from certain death.

The bug was fixed because its a bug.
Are you saying that the developers should punish players who discover bugs?
Sinnerman wrote:Besides, you have not gained access to anything of value including my character's corpse. I had enough reserves to restore my character after a couple of weeks, but the very fact of JC's intervention and the use of bugs on your part was my decision to leave this game.

Yeah, because you ******* moved all your lewt and caved the entire dugged out area of your mine the same day we laid waste to your **** claim :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Goodman12

Postby Sinnerman » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:53 pm

Goodman12 wrote:Every single encounter we've had with you guys on Providence ended the same way(with your backs turned while running to safety).

You are sick sir, your base was devastated by us back in Jamestown, I also took a couple of your scalps to my collection that day.

Goodman12 wrote:Juda discovered that bug the same time you all saw it. Pretty sure it was reported instantly and JC hot fixed it. That hotfix saved your teammate that we had ko'd.

I was happy to trade juda's scalp for my alt char scalp. Yeah JC must fix that and put Juda back. But 400 biles char not != 40 biles alt.

Goodman12 wrote:Simple
1) Get the ***** required stats necessary to bash the brick wall
2) Kill the attackers when they come to your walls
Your team failed to do both.

Sry i don't wanna talk with u about game mechanics, because your brain is too small to understand the whole purpose of the siege mechanics.

Goodman12 wrote:Yeah, because you ******* moved all your lewt and caved the entire dugged out area of your mine the same day we laid waste to your **** claim :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pirate Bay was one of my many towns, and served as a base for our kombat characters, there was nothing of value.

Last edited by Sinnerman on Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Blood will be shed
Lives will be lost

Sinnerman

Postby toddesloan » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:27 am

Salem died man. Play Haven and Hearth. I mean it's got its problems as well. But so much more content. And it's still supported/updated. Pretty sure it's the same developer. lol
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses