Relax on new players

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Relax on new players

Postby Lihz » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:10 am

campercamper wrote:Lol some people got angry. I already predicted that a lot of this would be said. Im trying to say several players I tried to introduce to the game are a little touchy when first starting like any other new player. Im trying to say what I have found is that a lot of players I introduced didn't want to get into it because of hyperthermia freezing their character instead of a humour hit. Meaning you gotta go through the character creation and tutorial you just did all over again. Filtering this person out from playing. They might come back later like A LOT of people do but it causes this main issue. probably why there are mostly vets here. Whoever left the "im new" comment. Ive been playing off and on since 2012 im trying to point out how such a little part of this game is filtering out new players by a good deal. Ones that would deal with the bs that comes later and a good number wouldnt quit over their character dying. Its literally one little thing that could be changed to help revive this game a tiny bit.

Did you not read, or just ignored the previous "this is not a WoW game"?! Is it that hard to comprehend that a game actually has to be played in order to conquer?

You, sir, (with comrades) is what makes the gaming industry as sad as it is today.
Lihz
Customer

Postby campercamper » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:27 pm

Lihz wrote:
You, sir, (with comrades) is what makes the gaming industry as sad as it is today.

Lol. I guess I shouldn't expect any other toxicity from this place with people like that
campercamper

Postby Taipion » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:23 pm

Amnezia88 wrote:

If only there was a way for these new players to find out what to do.
It doesn't have to be that hard.

:lol:
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Taipion » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:26 pm

campercamper wrote:
Lihz wrote:

Lol. I guess I shouldn't expect any other toxicity from this place with people like that

People have not been toxic to you in this thread, at least not by Salem standards,
you cry about hypthermia because it's too hard for you, while you refuse to accept what it is meant to be and do,
disregarding how "good" the implementation of that is, it does what it should, as you proved.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby campercamper » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:39 pm

Oh boy. This is fun.
campercamper

Postby Methuzelah23 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:38 pm

campercamper wrote:Lol some people got angry. I already predicted that a lot of this would be said. Im trying to say several players I tried to introduce to the game are a little touchy when first starting like any other new player. Im trying to say what I have found is that a lot of players I introduced didn't want to get into it because of hyperthermia freezing their character instead of a humour hit. Meaning you gotta go through the character creation and tutorial you just did all over again. Filtering this person out from playing. They might come back later like A LOT of people do but it causes this main issue. probably why there are mostly vets here. Whoever left the "im new" comment. Ive been playing off and on since 2012 im trying to point out how such a little part of this game is filtering out new players by a good deal. Ones that would deal with the bs that comes later and a good number wouldnt quit over their character dying. Its literally one little thing that could be changed to help revive this game a tiny bit.

If you quit cause you lose a character, especially a brand new minutes or hours old character then Salem isn't the game for you. If you cba to go through the tutorial more than once then Salem is definitely not the game for you. Saying that hypothermia should be removed so people don't quit is like saying you want to quit life cause you have to wear pants. On a practical note, if you're having trouble inducting newbies, maybe don't try during a cold snap.
Darwoth wrote:easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game.Thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well.
Methuzelah23
Master Carpenter

Postby campercamper » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:42 pm

Incase you guys didnt read. Change the whole idea is to change hyperthermia in a way where it lowers humours instead of freezing. Inb4 oh no youre the bame of all games and that just isnt salem. Players i have introduced are the type to handle salem but first impressions are ruined by hyperthermia. People on here acting like doing this would destroy the game.
campercamper

Postby campercamper » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Inb4 first impression of salem should be that kind of difficulty. Its not a difficulty its a nuisance.
campercamper

Postby Taipion » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:47 pm

campercamper wrote:Incase you guys didnt read. Change the whole idea is to change hyperthermia in a way where it lowers humours instead of freezing. Inb4 oh no youre the bame of all games and that just isnt salem. Players i have introduced are the type to handle salem but first impressions are ruined by hyperthermia. People on here acting like doing this would destroy the game.

In case you did not read:
- everyone here is being pretty polite to you (for Salem forums standards)
- your "idea" is not considered to be an alternative as it is just meant to circumvent the actual intention of hypothermia
- saying people you brought here are "the type to handle salem" but quit after a few hours due to hypothermia is highly contradictional
- you insisting to know what is best for the game, is a foundation to earn you much here, but definitely not friends or approval
Taipion

Postby campercamper » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:00 pm

By salem standards who needs friends or approval. I guess it speaks for itself if the game is dying.
campercamper

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses