Salem: pull the plug

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Salem: pull the plug

Postby campercamper » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:13 pm

We know its going to happen any time now if the devs stays away from it. When will it happen or if it happens is what we want to know. Basically this is a thread to gather info to see if anyone has info as to what is going on and if we will be able to keep playing Salem for years to come.
campercamper

Re: Salem: pull the plug

Postby Judaism » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:33 pm

The upkeep of the game is pennies and according to old converstaions, they will keep the servers up for many years to come, that is with or without any playerbase.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Dallane » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:56 am

campercamper wrote:We know its going to happen any time now if the devs stays away from it. When will it happen or if it happens is what we want to know. Basically this is a thread to gather info to see if anyone has info as to what is going on and if we will be able to keep playing Salem for years to come.

There isn't much to discuss. The servers are paid for a very long time and there is zero indication that this game is going to shut down. Play, have fun and expand the community.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby campercamper » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:26 am

Could a bit more about the absence of the dev be explained? That there could kill a game if its abandoned and are the servers really paid for in advance years from now?
campercamper

Postby Dallane » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:56 am

campercamper wrote:Could a bit more about the absence of the dev be explained? That there could kill a game if its abandoned and are the servers really paid for in advance years from now?

He has a demanding job which requires him to travel and a has a family. It doesn't matter. The game will survive even if there are only 10 people playing it. It's not going anywhere. Just play the game and enjoy it.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby gorniksam » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:10 am

Dallane wrote: The game will survive even if there are only 10 people playing it.

gorniksam

Postby Taipion » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:42 am

Dallane wrote:Just play the game and enjoy it.
:) <3
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby campercamper » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:26 pm

Ok. You convinced me and probably several others and some to come. I want to stay and play this game but I was just afraid of it disappearing at any time.
campercamper

Postby TheDuke86 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:23 pm

campercamper wrote:Ok. You convinced me and probably several others and some to come. I want to stay and play this game but I was just afraid of it disappearing at any time.

This here is a result of trolls constantly spewing their nerd rage and *****. Perhaps a new rule should be added to the forum board.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:27 pm

TheDuke86 wrote:
campercamper wrote:Ok. You convinced me and probably several others and some to come. I want to stay and play this game but I was just afraid of it disappearing at any time.

This here is a result of trolls constantly spewing their nerd rage and *****. Perhaps a new rule should be added to the forum board.

Ill notify Jc to hop right on and add the rule.
ZoddAlmighty

Next

Return to House of Burgesses