how to win salem

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: how to win salem

Postby Hose » Mon May 14, 2018 7:39 pm

gorniksam wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:I too will be leaving Salem soon.

u dont even playing wtf

Doesnt matter, she contributed more to this game than you, and its still sad to see her quit because of all that *****.
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Heffernan » Mon May 14, 2018 7:39 pm

gorniksam wrote:

u dont even playing wtf

she means the forum you Cokehead

also sorry to see you go Meow i always liked you...
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Mon May 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Heffernan wrote: sorry to see you go Meow i always liked you...

Why treat her so badly all the time then?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Mon May 14, 2018 7:47 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:I too will be leaving Salem soon. Don't worry, I will stay until there is a replacement for me. I've been thinking it's time to go for awhile because of the behavior of my fellow devs but Heffernan's last couple posts decided me. Sort of the last straw.

Because of the way I first met John, I always feared this would happen. We met on Travian where he used deceit and clever jokes to get into the leadership of my guild. Later, the guild leader thought his behavior was less about winning and more about some ends of his own. In response, John staged a coup and booted our leader. Two days later, he disappeared, leaving the guild in shambles. We lost. I learned later from another player that his goal had been only to embarrass or destroy a couple certain players on the opposing team who had kicked him out of that team in the past. Our former leader had been right. When John realized he wouldn't be able to accomplish his goal even as guild leader, he left us without a backward glance.

I had once told John about a theoretical game I'd like to play if I could find it, a game which fit Salem pretty well. John played Salem for months before he thought to tell me about it, and only because he needed my help arguing effectively on the forums, but I realized I didn't have to play with him. I kept a nominal presence in the tribe but mostly played as a hermit or as a member of PmP's independent town. When he bought Salem, I allowed myself to hope for the best and agreed to manage the forums. I suspected all along it would go as it went with Travian. As soon as he got what he thought he wanted, he realized it wasn't as great as he imagined and left. It took longer with Salem and things were great at first. Good updates, lots of them. But after the first year, he started deviating pretty badly from the update plan I'd set up for him and it was all downhill and absenteeism from there. I have little hope we'll ever see another decent update. I already haven't found the game fun for a couple years. Some of you saw some of my last effort to enjoy Salem by streaming it. Didn't work.

Covering up for Marp and his problems has just been painful. PmP told me when he left that I should go too. I probably should have, but I stayed because I had said I would administer the forums and I don't like backing down from things I've set out to do. Marp's been abusing from the first day though, when he destroyed the Tribe out of some distorted desire to prove he was the big dog as he had never been close to great in the Tribe. John just liked his amusing writing style.

I suppose it's a bit silly that Heffernan's posts were the last straw. This forum used to be so much worse. But even when it was bad as it ever got, at least there were a few good posters around to brighten things. And there still are, sure, but all the people I've actually played with are gone. John is never here. Marp went from an amusing clown to a power hungry monster. PmP won't play and I don't blame him. Biddas was always an ass but at least he was the Tribe's ass; not anymore. Binks cleared out. Etc. Etc. Now even Darwoth is leaving and with the announcements of a few others here that they plan to leave too I realized that all I would have to look at from now on is stupid meme posts from Heffernan, borderline psychosis from Kuku, and sad newbies who can't figure out the game's maze of punishments and weird nonsense. I'm sure I could continue to tolerate it but there are so many better things I could be doing. I have only been checking here about once or twice a day lately and that's just not okay. The few good people still left here deserve better, if better can be found. If anyone still really cares.

again folks, please witness integrity and take note.
Darwoth

Postby Rele » Mon May 14, 2018 7:48 pm

gorniksam wrote:

u dont even playing wtf

Idiots like you, Heff, and the other ***** on these forums are one of the main reasons this game is going down the path it is. This game used to be fun in its prime but now its just a cesspool of autistic perverts, mouth foaming bigots, care bear ******, and those "top-dogs" that hide behind their walls all day and talk **** on the forums. Its sad to see Darwoth, Meow and many other actual players go, but I am truly surprised this hasn't happened sooner with the direction Salem has been going down.

Peace out Salem. It was fun while it lasted.
Rele

Postby FulKain » Mon May 14, 2018 7:50 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
I too will be leaving Salem soon. Don't worry, I will stay until there is a replacement for me. I've been thinking it's time to go for awhile because of the behavior of my fellow devs but Heffernan's last couple posts decided me. Sort of the last straw.

Because of the way I first met John, I always feared this would happen. We met on Travian where he used deceit and clever jokes to get into the leadership of my guild. Later, the guild leader thought his behavior was less about winning and more about some ends of his own. In response, John staged a coup and booted our leader. Two days later, he disappeared, leaving the guild in shambles. We lost. I learned later from another player that his goal had been only to embarrass or destroy a couple certain players on the opposing team who had kicked him out of that team in the past. Our former leader had been right. When John realized he wouldn't be able to accomplish his goal even as guild leader, he left us without a backward glance.

I had once told John about a theoretical game I'd like to play if I could find it, a game which fit Salem pretty well. John played Salem for months before he thought to tell me about it, and only because he needed my help arguing effectively on the forums, but I realized I didn't have to play with him. I kept a nominal presence in the tribe but mostly played as a hermit or as a member of PmP's independent town. When he bought Salem, I allowed myself to hope for the best and agreed to manage the forums. I suspected all along it would go as it went with Travian. As soon as he got what he thought he wanted, he realized it wasn't as great as he imagined and left. It took longer with Salem and things were great at first. Good updates, lots of them. But after the first year, he started deviating pretty badly from the update plan I'd set up for him and it was all downhill and absenteeism from there. I have little hope we'll ever see another decent update. I already haven't found the game fun for a couple years. Some of you saw some of my last effort to enjoy Salem by streaming it. Didn't work.

Covering up for Marp and his problems has just been painful. PmP told me when he left that I should go too. I probably should have, but I stayed because I had said I would administer the forums and I don't like backing down from things I've set out to do. Marp's been abusing from the first day though, when he destroyed the Tribe out of some distorted desire to prove he was the big dog as he had never been close to great in the Tribe. John just liked his amusing writing style.

I suppose it's a bit silly that Heffernan's posts were the last straw. This forum used to be so much worse. But even when it was bad as it ever got, at least there were a few good posters around to brighten things. And there still are, sure, but all the people I've actually played with are gone. John is never here. Marp went from an amusing clown to a power hungry monster. PmP won't play and I don't blame him. Biddas was always an ass but at least he was the Tribe's ass; not anymore. Binks cleared out. Etc. Etc. Now even Darwoth is leaving and with the announcements of a few others here that they plan to leave too I realized that all I would have to look at from now on is stupid meme posts from Heffernan, borderline psychosis from Kuku, and sad newbies who can't figure out the game's maze of punishments and weird nonsense. I'm sure I could continue to tolerate it but there are so many better things I could be doing. I have only been checking here about once or twice a day lately and that's just not okay. The few good people still left here deserve better, if better can be found. If anyone still really cares.

What a great post! Many truths, a touch of regret and sadness ...
Also, you are very pleasant to read compared to many other posts that I've read.
I more than agree with you.
Take care ! :)
Qiresea wrote:when a turkey explodes from overfeeding, it will damage all walls within a 50-tile radius to 100% (crumble and burn, baby)

FulKain

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Mon May 14, 2018 7:53 pm

TM's personal hell is trying to talk with Heff and he responds only in memes. And it never stops!
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Heffernan » Mon May 14, 2018 8:02 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote:TM's personal hell is trying to talk with Heff and he responds only in memes. And it never stops!

i dont think people who ragequit have the permission to talk...
Heffernan

Postby Hose » Mon May 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Heffernan wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:TM's personal hell is trying to talk with Heff and he responds only in memes. And it never stops!

i dont think people who ragequit have the permission to talk...

i don't think people who throw their monthly welfare into the game have the permission to breathe oxygen....
My dog walks me to the park and doggy styles me, if you find that weird you're an arrogant gender-assuming bloodthirsty gun-loving cisgender bestial sexist incestuous white-previlege misogynistic biased raped privileged Nazi slave owner terrorist lesbian.
Hose

Postby Taipion » Mon May 14, 2018 8:10 pm

That was darwat, after he fell for a prank from heff and vowed in even more blind rage than usual to destroy me, my town, my nonexistant animals, even my pots (!),
but guess what, he gave up after 2-3 weeks right before concord.

So that was another dead giveaway that he'd be on concord despite telling oh so many times he would not.

...but wait, him telling he would not... acutally means he will 100%, as so much of what he says is a lie, that it is totally irrelevant to even assume any part of what he says is true.
He even won the popham server with a lie, ok some may argue the server was abandoned anyways but it did fool some, which was actually well played, I give him that,
though I wonder how people managed to fall for it despite everyone knew even back then that he is only spouting lies between his usual childish walls of texts of insults that no one reads anymore.

This further means that we are far from done finding his pointless rage-walls-of-insult-texts on the forums for quite a while,
and even in case he actually quit the game, I would not be surprised to see him back someday in one way or another.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses