how to win salem

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: how to win salem

Postby Darwoth » Tue May 15, 2018 7:57 pm

belgear wrote:Darwoth,

I've lost 2 characters this world, both of which were "named" (not just one of my obamaphones.) Both of these were by your hands, but I couldn't feel more honored to say so. Though others may not have a long term memory I do recall a time you cared enough to follow through. I know how fearsome you can actually be. I don't want to get sappy, so I will just say that I hope you achieve your irl mountain compound with all the time you will be saving not ***** people here.

So long, and I hope to hear of you in the future

P.S. Though loathed by some, others definitely appreciated your persona.

lol i remember you were always the most calm and collected one while the rest of us were slinging trashtalk back and forth at the big turd claim deal :lol: i actually did find several parcels that are very promising for "my mountain", apparently most people dont like to live on one, go figure :lol: you better end up becoming that doctor on your few acres in a timely manner as well or i shall be forced to come own you in whichever game your in at the time.

im sure you will see me around down the line in something or other as once folks get accustomed to a certain genre of game you always cross paths with the same people in other similar ones.

lachlaan wrote:o7 See you around in other games maybe, but best of luck wherever you go wreak havoc. Thanks for giving Salem one of its main villain types it badly needed.

indeed sir, was fun being the primary "bad guy" for so long. might go dabble on something like UO emulators here or there like i used to ***** around in since you can play them for ten minutes or two hours and still have fun/be productive. but for the most part i am done with gaming until i am able to create some little niche one of my own and in my own view which would be quite different than things like salem or haven and other similiar little titles that have come out since that some here have played.

its funny how many times we randomly stumbled across one another when you would get to a town a few weeks or months right before i hit it lol would always feel douchey when i would find out later (damn it, not lachlaan again :lol: ) always figured you were a decent dude and was right, you never got all bent out of shape over it like so many others. even after all those encounters it was still you that fixed the old client for me so i could play effectively. on this server zodd and a few other folks in other towns would inquire with me about the background of folks they were considering recruiting. vouched for you instantly with zodd when with 90% of inquiries made by people i did not, always gave them reasons to proceed with caution.

but yeah, been using that same client you updated for me after one of the larger patches broke my version of enders old school one so i didnt have to use the more unstable "stuff" laden clients which at the time were far worse than they are now in regard to trying to pvp/raid with. thanks again for that dude.

Methuzelah23 wrote:My first time playing Salem I settled on the banks of darwoths town on Jamestown.He promptly killed me and I fell in love. I spent the following 5 years after that fighting directly with/or working with darwoth. He can lie, scam, and blindside you so badly that you think its a bug. In this respect i truly consider him a master and am in awe of his abilities.

Even more sad than the fact that these unsportsmanlike pieces of trash jump on the retard bandwagon, is that they will never get such am enriching rivalry and competition.

I got the chance to work with darwoth on several opportunities, and also had arguably one of the longer/more interesting/impactful conflicts in this game as a result of distrusting you at the start of providence. Despite having tons of **** rekt, chars killed, etc, before and after that and all through the years, there has also been invaluable tips, information, and advice.

It's the most sickening thing i can think of to have such vitriol especially when an opponent is leaving. The only cancer in this game is heff & co, and if you can read that garbage without throwing up you must have the intestinal fortitude of a trash compactor.

Even more sad than everyone that was anyone leaving this game (which has already taken an absurdly long time), is seeing these "posts". Aside from lazun,(this one rare time) these people that cannot seperate reality from a game need to be in a hospital.

No big deal about the halberd, like i said i only came back for concord cause i was asked to, and im sure shoving pills up animals asses(the main providence endgame) will get boring eventually, if you find something decent let me know.

ps. its absolutely ridiculous that Marp, or anyone else claims MM is providing a game, this game was here before MM, and as stewards of the game, they have done nothing but **** upon it from day 2, i didn't mind day 1. (just an opinion dont ban me bro)

way to many great encounters from jamestown and then over to providence to try and list, even when we were both talking massive **** and were "heated" in max competition mode we kept it fun for the duration.

easily the best and longest standing rivalry i have ever had in a single game and that is saying something. yet we worked together on occasion as well especially when catching up with certain old JTers we both had unfinished business with like the vigilance thing when server first started or the pirates deal later :lol: all sorts of things/random convos. i will have to dig out that fraps i have of you and i chasing claeyt around town with the spinning murder animations before insanity was added to them until he logged out back when we still had him convinced that he could be killed that way in town at some point **** is ***** funny, was even when he still had that dunce hat he couldnt figure out how to get off :lol: :lol: :lol:

thanks for being a top quality nemesis and group leader on both servers, without which the encounters would not have been nearly as enjoyable. easily the best 1v1 pvp opponent i have squared off against as well, probably the only other dude i have fought that fully knew how to drop into guard at the right times and use movement properly etc.

again like with lots of other folks here i am sure we will bump into each other down the line in a future title.
Last edited by Darwoth on Tue May 15, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth

Postby Ronch » Tue May 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Paradoxyc wrote:
TMeow said it... how will it move on without developer’s approval? lol

So far, you seem to be the only person who interprets TotallyMeow's post stating her disappointment in JC at the helm as her meaning to say the game of Salem is a failure and has no future.

So, you are presenting yourself here as just another petty obstructing insignificant who is so dissatisfied that they cannot find fun in a fun game, and so assume that "normal" folks will not find the game fun either.
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Darwoth » Tue May 15, 2018 8:49 pm

Taipion wrote:Image

there are a number of ancient things from groups i have been a part of scattered around the internet. that **** was originally wrote and then never edited something like 17 years ago *******. if you look hard enough you can probably find a few threads of mine on some long forgotten archived web forum talking trash or making assinine comments at 16 years old or something, it is the internet nothing ever goes away also terms like "griefer" do not mean the same thing they used to just as other terms do not.

when that was written was right when games in general started to be ruined by the influx of themepark titles that all the companies were switching over to leaving all of us pvp players with a lot of resentment for the new player type like yourself that eventually became the norm when crappy games like wow came out. by then the cliche label by everyone for anyone who pvped in any form was "griefer" even if they were just a consensual duelist type that never even jumped folks but would just challenge someone they would be whined at as a "griefer" you know, the **** you do when you act like a jackass, i call you one then you piss and moan about how "insulted" you are :lol:

in any case that guild was originally made of leftovers of a handful of old pvp guild refugees with a stable of players that specifically went to those newer games with the goal of getting around the blocks put in place by carebear mechanics to crap on tard players like you in spite of them and introduce them to what real griefing was since they didnt seem to understand the difference anymore. as with salem and as you can see by the replies in this very thread by a throng of veteran folks i have mostly fought/raided against games need quality "bad guys" to be enjoyable for both the average casual player and the competitive anti pk "good guys" like anything else there has to be an opposing half so we delivered it in several titles, the only players who didnt look in the rearview at a game we played with them afterwards with notalgia instead of malice regardless of how intense we went after one another were petty people like you.

not bothering with the other stupid replies and out of context picture crops, just not worth bothering with lol. coincidentally today is the dark moon ladies and gentlemen. and therefore will be my last public post on these forums regardless of any further attempts at baiting me or what retardation is thrown around. i do not give a **** and will not even be reading your threads. anyone that wants to get ahold of me can do it through PMs which i will check every so often just dont flood my **** with to much corresponence or you will get offended/butthurt when i do not reply in a timely manner/right away.

happy trails folks.
Darwoth

Postby Heffernan » Tue May 15, 2018 8:55 pm

Darwoth wrote:not bothering with the other stupid replies and out of context picture crops, just not worth bothering with lol. coincidentally today is the dark moon ladies and gentlemen. and therefore will be my last public post on these forums regardless of any further attempts at baiting me or what retardation is thrown around. i do not give a **** and will not even be reading your threads. anyone that wants to get ahold of me can do it through PMs which i will check every so often just dont flood my **** with to much corresponence or you will get offended/butthurt when i do not reply in a timely manner/right away.
happy trails folks.

loses a fight by clearly running away >>> OMG it must be out of context picture crops cheat bugs devabuse pictures #fakenews :lol: :lol:
Heffernan

Postby TotalyMeow » Tue May 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Heffernan wrote:loses a fight by clearly running away >>> OMG it must be out of context picture crops cheat bugs devabuse pictures #fakenews :lol: :lol:

You really want him to stay. I don't think it'll work. Just drop the ******* forum persona for a minute, tell him how much you'll miss him, and wish him well.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby gorniksam » Tue May 15, 2018 9:16 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:
Heffernan wrote:loses a fight by clearly running away >>> OMG it must be out of context picture crops cheat bugs devabuse pictures #fakenews :lol: :lol:

tell him how much you'll miss him, and wish him well.

personally, im gonna miss darwoth alot, but not about you T, sorry
gorniksam

Postby Paradoxyc » Tue May 15, 2018 10:22 pm

TotalyMeow wrote: But after the first year, he started deviating pretty badly from the update plan I'd set up for him and it was all downhill and absenteeism from there. I have little hope we'll ever see another decent update.

@Ronch her words, not mine. On the obstructing insignificant note, who are you? And who made new player tutorials to help boost the community numbers?
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Ronch » Tue May 15, 2018 10:52 pm

Just to clarify:

@ Darwoth
I'm pretty sure that I met and played in a different game which you played well over a year ago.
That was fun and you have not changed one bit (which is a good thing IMO)

Anyway, I respected you then, and still respect you now for your moral character alone.
(Moral character as in; doesn't change or waiver / is stable / can be depended upon)
And your ability to always dominate games of this genre is impressive to say the least too.
Good luck which ever way you choose to go in the future dude !

Will I miss your influence on this game's political-gameplay and or it's future development, yes
Will I miss your solid humor, yep that too.
But most of all, I will miss your direct and no-nonsense approach to idiotic people and things which seem to haunt your path wherever you go.
Last edited by Ronch on Tue May 15, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ronch

Postby Ronch » Tue May 15, 2018 11:05 pm

Paradoxyc wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote: But after the first year, he started deviating pretty badly from the update plan I'd set up for him and it was all downhill and absenteeism from there. I have little hope we'll ever see another decent update.

@Ronch her words, not mine. On the obstructing insignificant note, who are you? And who made new player tutorials to help boost the community numbers?

I can see where you would see that as saying the game is a failure and no longer has a future, but I do not see that being said at all when taken in context to what else she was saying when she said that.
Meaning, you fail at spin-doctoring. ;)

So unless TotallyMeow wants to clarify as to what she was saying about the game...
(said about the game, not said about JC)
Then I think you are just making yourself appear even more like an amusing petty little obstructing insignificant band-wagon-jumper who cant think independently and is so dissatisfied over not being able to find anything fun for you in this game, so you assume and pretentiously present that no one else can find fun in the game either.
Or maybe you are just still butt-hurt at your tutorial video's views and like-count ?
Ronch

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed May 16, 2018 12:38 am

Ronch wrote:I can see where you would see that as saying the game is a failure and no longer has a future, but I do not see that being said at all when taken in context to what else she was saying when she said that.
Meaning, you fail at spin-doctoring. ;)

So unless TotallyMeow wants to clarify as to what she was saying about the game...
(said about the game, not said about JC)
Then I think you are just making yourself appear even more like an amusing petty little obstructing insignificant band-wagon-jumper who cant think independently and is so dissatisfied over not being able to find anything fun for you in this game, so you assume and pretentiously present that no one else can find fun in the game either.
Or maybe you are just still butt-hurt at your tutorial video's views and like-count ?

She specifically said the game was going downhill I never once said I don't find the game fun, so I don't know what you're talking about? I even stated earlier in this thread that I have been doing a new playthrough for fun, and I just burnt out of the stage I was in at the time I was active since my next goals were to trade my goods with the community (which was fairly nonexistent) hence I decided to make a tutorial series to try to at least bring some people into the game which I did. I don't consider view count for a game with very few players (which is why the view count might be lower), but my view count is more than there are active players right now, so why would I be upset about that?
Paradoxyc
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses