how to win salem

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: how to win salem

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed May 16, 2018 3:17 am

Methuzelah23 wrote:
Ronch wrote:your disgruntled feelings toward your team-mates at SeaTribe.
And, I also think by observations alone that you are the only mature member in that team.

Sea tibe huh? wow.

LOL
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Judaism » Wed May 16, 2018 3:35 am

Paradoxyc wrote:Point B) Saying that I don't think it is a fun game
No, I do think the game is fun, mechanically. It's lacking the playerbase and community to make it what it should be, which has nothing to do with being objectively "fun", it's just stagnant and lacks a bustling world at the moment.

What is the end content, everything is leading towards raiding, correct ?

If that is the case, even John himself admitted that their MM tribe would not be hardcore enough to compete in the current rule-set. Anyone who is actually attempting anything vs any decent defenders or base will most likely get his ass kicked by either passive or direct punishments. Hence this even was the case many years back, but meanwhile we have gotten so much defensive boosts and other passive punishments.

There is no progressive raiding, there is no PvP anymore and the community is never going to go back to the previous levels. You saw a competitive group on Concord end it within 90 days, while still being super hard gated and prioritizing fun over objectives. With Darwoth leaving, there truely are no competetive players or groups left anymore. Providence simply does not have the mechanics anymore, everything has been made close to impossible, most certainly not worthwhile or fun in any way. Positive changes to raiding would simply mean that ***** like Kuku/Heffernan/Taipon and such would get wiped within a week, thus lowering the current playerbase even further.

So this game as it is right now, is literally nothing more than a glorified perma-death game. it consists for more than 99% out of Farming, Base building, crafting and other casual/carebear stuff. Why would any committed group invest their time into Salem, assuming they manage to wipe out large bases with active players then it would be made even more impossible. That is the repeating case, ever since they took over.

So yes, it is not a horrible game if you want to tend your fields, build some walls and feed your animals. But lets not fool ourselves that this game is anything other than that anymore, they willingly pushed it into that direction and nearly every patch I mentioned my disliking.

The like-minded people have long quit, some have gotten dev-abused or banned (Alloin's group/Russians), some simply lost interest into the game due to the direction, while others ragequited over ninja patches (such as the boundary changes) and so forth.
Last edited by Judaism on Wed May 16, 2018 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby TheDuke86 » Wed May 16, 2018 3:41 am

Dallane wrote:Jesus what game have you idiots been playing when people who have been around for years just magically disappear.

The same game you moderate, for free. As I understand
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Dallane » Wed May 16, 2018 4:16 am

TheDuke86 wrote:
Dallane wrote:Jesus what game have you idiots been playing when people who have been around for years just magically disappear.

What does that have to do with anything? Is this your first time interacting with a online community or something?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TheDuke86 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:44 am

Dallane wrote:
TheDuke86 wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? Is this your first time interacting with a online community or something?

Your friends may not enjoy the game anymore, but others do. considering you are still moderateing for free suggests you still care for salem, otherwise I can’t fathom why anybody would invest their time into something they hated. Just dosnt make sense.
WWJCD; What Would John Carver Do!
-The Duke
TheDuke86

Postby Adelewhy » Wed May 16, 2018 7:45 am

While I haven't had many run ins with Darwoth myself, he did finish off one of my townmates on Popham after he took over our pclaim. I mean, that is the nature of the game and all... but Darwoth very graciously answered our questions on where we'd gone wrong and what we could do better. Which is far more gracious than anyone one else who was equally as competitive. And so I bid him a farewell and a good luck in the future. Same to Meow! Take care guys!
Adelewhy

Postby Dallane » Wed May 16, 2018 12:52 pm

TheDuke86 wrote:Your friends may not enjoy the game anymore, but others do. considering you are still moderateing for free suggests you still care for salem, otherwise I can’t fathom why anybody would invest their time into something they hated. Just dosnt make sense.

The only reason people post here or criticize the game is because they care about it. I really don't think you truly understand what it means to see people who have spent years of their life playing a game and leaving it means. I'm extremely clueless as to why my feelings for a game come into question. Of course I care about salem. Why else would I even post here at all?

You are being extremely toxic and I don't think you really see or understand it. Calm down and just say bye, let people move on if they want to move on. Stop spewing the HURRR U QUIT vitriol. The only reason a person who has quit is posting here if because they love this game.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Dallane wrote:The only reason people post here or criticize the game is because they care about it.

i care about the game let me ***** the game, the devs and everyone else

Dallane wrote:I really don't think you truly understand what it means to see people who have spent years of their life playing a game and leaving it means.

they dont have to leave, they can play this wondderfull game without ragequitting

Dallane wrote:a person who has quit is posting here if because they love this game.

"i love this game so i ragequit and ***** the game"
Heffernan

Postby Paradoxyc » Wed May 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Judaism wrote:
Paradoxyc wrote:Point B) Saying that I don't think it is a fun game
No, I do think the game is fun, mechanically. It's lacking the playerbase and community to make it what it should be, which has nothing to do with being objectively "fun", it's just stagnant and lacks a bustling world at the moment.

What is the end content, everything is leading towards raiding, correct ?

If that is the case, even John himself admitted that their MM tribe would not be hardcore enough to compete in the current rule-set. Anyone who is actually attempting anything vs any decent defenders or base will most likely get his ass kicked by either passive or direct punishments. Hence this even was the case many years back, but meanwhile we have gotten so much defensive boosts and other passive punishments.

There is no progressive raiding, there is no PvP anymore and the community is never going to go back to the previous levels. You saw a competitive group on Concord end it within 90 days, while still being super hard gated and prioritizing fun over objectives. With Darwoth leaving, there truely are no competetive players or groups left anymore. Providence simply does not have the mechanics anymore, everything has been made close to impossible, most certainly not worthwhile or fun in any way. Positive changes to raiding would simply mean that ***** like Kuku/Heffernan/Taipon and such would get wiped within a week, thus lowering the current playerbase even further.

So this game as it is right now, is literally nothing more than a glorified perma-death game. it consists for more than 99% out of Farming, Base building, crafting and other casual/carebear stuff. Why would any committed group invest their time into Salem, assuming they manage to wipe out large bases with active players then it would be made even more impossible. That is the repeating case, ever since they took over.

So yes, it is not a horrible game if you want to tend your fields, build some walls and feed your animals. But lets not fool ourselves that this game is anything other than that anymore, they willingly pushed it into that direction and nearly every patch I mentioned my disliking.

The like-minded people have long quit, some have gotten dev-abused or banned (Alloin's group/Russians), some simply lost interest into the game due to the direction, while others ragequited over ninja patches (such as the boundary changes) and so forth.

Yes fully agreed. PVP is definitely still possible in the future if there are more players around, regardless of raiding mechanics but yeah, its mostly a roleplay game now which is fine by me as long as there are people to play it with
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Geez, Heffernan, do you really think the community manager should quit without giving a reason? Plus, it seems a little weird to spend so many years here and not say goodbye.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses