The End Of Westpine

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: The End Of Westpine

Postby Darwoth » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:03 am

those of you talking **** to these folks are beneath contempt whether you knew or liked any of them or not, personally i quite liked zodd, never really knew max though he has pissed me off on a number of occasions and made me want to kill him in the past and lachlaan whom i personally recommeneded to the mason forum where he has actively provided feedback on the game for quite some time on many days comes off as a pompous ***** and others a standup dude. i have never met the others living there other than in passing. as such i am mostly neutral like always as it is not like they were all my best buddies or something and i am saddened to see all of their efforts flushed down the ***** like this. if heffernans retard ass did the same tomorrow i would still be sad over it and wish him the best in whatever he wound up doing next. you losers cant do the same? really?

you just watched a group of people who were centerpieces of our community destroy years of (hard) work out of absolute frustration with how the game is headed. salem is not a themepark game where you play for ten minutes on a whim and in turn just quit on a whim, particularly once you are at end game status. it is more like ending a long relationship with a bad girlfriend :lol:

playing at the level they did for as long as they did is a massive time commitment and massive amount of faith/trust put into the developers. i guess since most of you are to stupid to advance past newb status you either dont know that or are so sociopathic you would rather kick them while they are down. to those people you can all go ***** yourselves with a road flare.

for others that are simply ignorant/new as to what happened, to summarize we just lost about 10 -15% of our active daily playing community with the loss of this town and a much higher percentage of the end game population because they feel that the trust that their time investment (which is exactly what a grind heavy game like salem is) would be respected was instead betrayed, which without trying to **** to heavily on the developers (i do that enough in my own threads, this is westpines thread) i can not disagree with at all.

these folks have spent many years being a part of this very small community (which at this point and after so long playing together or against one another is like one giant dysfunctional family) whom have never bothered any of you at all, participate in the forums, game events, feedback for testing and so on. were the most honest traders on the server, helped newbs blah blah and yet so many of you are keen and eager to flock out of the woodwork and talk **** from your alt accounts like little cowardly cocksuckers instead of being even a little sad to see them go whether you knew them or not? or can not at least muster enough respect to just stfu?

you people hold less worth than a pile of **** as that can at least be used to fertilize something, wish them well or dont say anything at all you little turds.

*returns to letting the forums die off*
Last edited by Darwoth on Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darwoth

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:33 am

more people will be going this way im sure since jc thinks everyone needs to spend every single second of their lives in the game doing stupid tedious chores. o well ill be buying into dual universe and jumpin off this train wreck of a game.
nosfirebird

Postby skltnk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:28 am

Darwoth wrote:those of you talking **** to these folks

You are clearly the only person here talking ****
Darwoth wrote:or can not at least muster enough respect to just stfu?

So these folks stockpiled insane ammount of resources for 3 years with no purpose and for NO REASON.
They got upset because the game was going to get meaningful updates also balancing irrational behaviour like they had (stockpiling more and more stuff with no limit or purpose)
Out of pure selfishness they tried to prevent the game to become better but obviously failed.
They got very emotional and decided to destroy all the resources they had while trying to make it look like a heroic act.

It's a behaviour of a 6 year old kids.
How hard do you need to press yourself to squeeze out respect for this?
skltnk

Postby Dallane » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:35 am

skltnk wrote:

So these folks stockpiled insane ammount of resources for 3 years with no purpose and for NO REASON.
They got upset because the game was going to get meaningful updates also balancing irrational behaviour like they had (stockpiling more and more stuff with no limit or purpose)
Out of pure selfishness they tried to prevent the game to become better but obviously failed.
They got very emotional and decided to destroy all the resources they had while trying to make it look like a heroic act.

They aren't the only people who have done this tho. If you are going out why not have fun doing it? Tearing down Godtuwn with everyone who built it was fun as *****.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Binks » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:03 am

ZoddAlmighty wrote:and yes, yes i am.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. Until you get a statue, are you really a celeb? :)
Binks

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:52 am

Binks wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:and yes, yes i am.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this. Until you get a statue, are you really a celeb? :)

I can feel like a celeb :lol:
ZoddAlmighty

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:01 am

skltnk wrote:

Man, you are beyond retarded. Ive seen down syndrom kids who have more common sense than you.
And if you knew how salem works you wouldnt talk **** like this. Doing stuff on a large scale actually saves you time and effort. I do what ever for 6h today , i ***** hate it, but im good for next weeks or even months. But imagine if i had to do that every day or couple of days because my work decays? Anyone would burn out.
Ill say it again, grow a pair of balls and go back to your main account. Otherwise a day old account is not eligible to comment the state of the game or actions.
Any comment that you make will be ignored small fry
ZoddAlmighty

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:27 am

Darwoth wrote:those of you talking **** to these folks are beneath contempt whether you knew or liked any of them or not, personally i quite liked zodd, never really knew max though he has pissed me off on a number of occasions and made me want to kill him in the past and lachlaan whom i personally recommeneded to the mason forum where he has actively provided feedback on the game for quite some time on many days comes off as a pompous ***** and others a standup dude. i have never met the others living there other than in passing. as such i am mostly neutral like always as it is not like they were all my best buddies or something and i am saddened to see all of their efforts flushed down the ***** like this. if heffernans retard ass did the same tomorrow i would still be sad over it and wish him the best in whatever he wound up doing next. you losers cant do the same? really?

you just watched a group of people who were centerpieces of our community destroy years of (hard) work out of absolute frustration with how the game is headed. salem is not a themepark game where you play for ten minutes on a whim and in turn just quit on a whim, particularly once you are at end game status. it is more like ending a long relationship with a bad girlfriend :lol:

playing at the level they did for as long as they did is a massive time commitment and massive amount of faith/trust put into the developers. i guess since most of you are to stupid to advance past newb status you either dont know that or are so sociopathic you would rather kick them while they are down. to those people you can all go ***** yourselves with a road flare.

for others that are simply ignorant/new as to what happened, to summarize we just lost about 10 -15% of our active daily playing community with the loss of this town and a much higher percentage of the end game population because they feel that the trust that their time investment (which is exactly what a grind heavy game like salem is) would be respected was instead betrayed, which without trying to **** to heavily on the developers (i do that enough in my own threads, this is westpines thread) i can not disagree with at all.

these folks have spent many years being a part of this very small community (which at this point and after so long playing together or against one another is like one giant dysfunctional family) whom have never bothered any of you at all, participate in the forums, game events, feedback for testing and so on. were the most honest traders on the server, helped newbs blah blah and yet so many of you are keen and eager to flock out of the woodwork and talk **** from your alt accounts like little cowardly cocksuckers instead of being even a little sad to see them go whether you knew them or not? or can not at least muster enough respect to just stfu?

you people hold less worth than a pile of **** as that can at least be used to fertilize something, wish them well or dont say anything at all you little turds.

*returns to letting the forums die off*

You legit made me tear up now.
I never tried to made strong friend connections with people in salem , mostly because most of people here are greedy backstabing cunts but thats another story. People that i liked i always chat up and shared my knowledge about the game and help if i could. Whenever i saw someone quiting salem i was sad because that person decided spent so much time and effort and just decided that its not worth anymore (excluding people that i hate). Hell, even people that i didnt i loved reading on forums because they were genuine and fun to know. Id never be friends with them but i could pick up small details about politics from their posts and try to figure stuff out before asking other people some very , very intrusive and blunt question.
Thats how politics game is played.
Its hard to let Westpine get destroye, it is very hard. But its for the better of Max and myself. We want to move on on something that wont suck the life out of us. For those of you that you dont know Max did hit 2900 herbs just a week ago. Arround the same time JC announces that he will change how inspiration works so you are more penalized for spaming the same item. You have an exceptional player with a clear goal and then you have a developer that wants to ***** you up because you are pushing the limits of the game. You guys dont even ***** realise how much effort goes into hunting to get sinews, cotton working for bottles and doing roses for oils because those were the only potions we were using. Well, he was using. And not to mention iron for knife blades.
Thats why i was being upset by changes in alloying . He changes one thing and it has a ripple effect making us adapt more and more but for the worse. JC does not think about consequences the changes have and how much it ***** up some people.
For the last 8 months i was working on my thorbush farm that was destroyed lastnight. It had almost 1k bushes there and we wanted to stop when the area was filled up with 2.5k thornbusesh. Why? Because then we would have enough of flowers per week so people dont need to hunt 10h a day like madmans.
I mean, without trying to insult veterans, but 90% of the playerbase will never know how big and how absurdly hard is to run westpine at full capacity per week. I would need 10 people for that ( which is fine). But after recruiting so many people who just quit very ***** fast (even if we just say do what you want for how long you want, any contribution is welcomed) i gave up on recruiting game. Not with JCs lazynes about adding salvaging but not adding more layered town system.
Also, i know that if a person is not a part of town and they dont have permisions on pclaim to build destroy they cant salvage. My point is that i dont want to be off for 24 h because i trust someone and that person just salvages his way to the bell in an hour.
Salem is by far the most memorable experiance i had in 30 years of my life and i would do it all over. But, development direction is leading it to the gutter instead to glory .
ZoddAlmighty

Postby Taipion » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:08 am

ZoddAlmighty wrote:For those of you that you dont know Max did hit 2900 herbs just a week ago. Arround the same time JC announces that he will change how inspiration works so you are more penalized for spaming the same item. You have an exceptional player with a clear goal and then you have a developer that wants to ***** you up because you are pushing the limits of the game.

I must have missed that announcement...

If that is true, and JC thereby effectively caps the prof lvls one can reach, I wonder which of the 3 he choses:
1.) Wipe all high lvl profs of all players down to what is achievable now, destroying lots of work for nothing, but preserving balance
2.) Repeat the same mistakes of old and do nothing (legacy high % humus anyone?!)
3.) Realize it's a mistake

I have seen how JC firmly believes the game MUST be played in the way he thinks is good, and no other way,
adding more chores and also taking away long term goals and limiting players in what they can do... this seems to get on a whole new level.

I still suspect he's only doing all this to drive away even the last player so he can wipe the server and start over without anyone able to complain. ¦]
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Chrumps » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:09 am

This whole thread makes me sad. Indeed, Salem community is losing an important part of it. Who will be driving sinew prices into the sky now ?

Good luck guys, and take a break from heavy grind. It's no longer fun when you call it a chore.

Taipion wrote:[..]

It seems we are still getting orange frosted stick instead of a carrot.
Last edited by Chrumps on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrumps

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses