The End Of Westpine

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: The End Of Westpine

Postby Reviresco » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:13 am

Gonna miss you Zodd. I remember when we used to chat pretty much every day. Sorry to see you go, but glad you've freed up so much time and energy to invest into things you'll find more gratifying.
Reviresco

Postby Nsuidara » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 am

Taipion wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:For those of you that you dont know Max did hit 2900 herbs just a week ago. Arround the same time JC announces that he will change how inspiration works so you are more penalized for spaming the same item. You have an exceptional player with a clear goal and then you have a developer that wants to ***** you up because you are pushing the limits of the game.

I must have missed that announcement...

If that is true, and JC thereby effectively caps the prof lvls one can reach, I wonder which of the 3 he choses:
1.) Wipe all high lvl profs of all players down to what is achievable now, destroying lots of work for nothing, but preserving balance
2.) Repeat the same mistakes of old and do nothing (legacy high % humus anyone?!)
3.) Realize it's a mistake

I have seen how JC firmly believes the game MUST be played in the way he thinks is good, and no other way,
adding more chores and also taking away long term goals and limiting players in what they can do... this seems to get on a whole new level.

I still suspect he's only doing all this to drive away even the last player so he can wipe the server and start over without anyone able to complain. ¦]

It''s true and sametime it's totaly sad :(

The game has a super-base mechanics.
Especially about map - here super mechanic for to dynamically generate maps - like dungeons, challanges(cave,events) - like prov -> build big shep and go expeditions... for adventures - in side one server (prov) it's possible
but it's JC, do not expect anything more from him.

Why ?
It's noticeable.
when the one player sell cloths (15s) so much... they reduce to 10s... ( after the fact... )
when bodzio discover 5 silver ore into 5 silver bar - JC nerf smelting like a hell... now from 10 ore + 15 lime ( max 2 bars ) ... ... with set... or without...
so now the one player got 2900 herbs (etc) and then nerf insp. ? zonk...

it's JC, do not expect anything more from him.

but really myself i sometime feel i got 2nd job ...

and now Max leave game...
i wonder why JC do that...
Last edited by Nsuidara on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby Forungi » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:54 am

Rest in pepperinos
Forungi

Postby riolic » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:52 pm

Sad to see the legacy of Westpine ended by something so out of our control. My conversations and interactions with both Max and Zodd were among the most positive I have had in Salem.
I wish you guys well. I truly hope you guys find something that respects your time and dedication more then Salem has over the past few years.
riolic
Customer

Postby Murphy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:05 pm

I missed the stream and the video won't load. :(
See you later Max & Zodd, I don't think you're gone for good. They all come back eventually, even if they don't stay for long. :)
Murphy

Postby Adelewhy » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:56 pm

I'm used to always seeing Zodd recruit for Westpine and offering advice. It's sad Westpine is no more and I'm sorry to see you guys go, though I fully understand your immense frustration with the way things are headed. I wish you both luck in all future endeavors!
Adelewhy

Postby Kralith » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:33 pm

@Zodd and @Max
Have much fun in your future gamelife. I wish you both to find a nice game that attract you long time. :)
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Propulsion » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:49 am

Nsuidara wrote:
Taipion wrote:
ZoddAlmighty wrote:For those of you that you dont know Max did hit 2900 herbs just a week ago. Arround the same time JC announces that he will change how inspiration works so you are more penalized for spaming the same item. You have an exceptional player with a clear goal and then you have a developer that wants to ***** you up because you are pushing the limits of the game.

I must have missed that announcement...

If that is true, and JC thereby effectively caps the prof lvls one can reach, I wonder which of the 3 he choses:
1.) Wipe all high lvl profs of all players down to what is achievable now, destroying lots of work for nothing, but preserving balance
2.) Repeat the same mistakes of old and do nothing (legacy high % humus anyone?!)
3.) Realize it's a mistake

I have seen how JC firmly believes the game MUST be played in the way he thinks is good, and no other way,
adding more chores and also taking away long term goals and limiting players in what they can do... this seems to get on a whole new level.

I still suspect he's only doing all this to drive away even the last player so he can wipe the server and start over without anyone able to complain. ¦]

It''s true and sametime it's totaly sad :(

The game has a super-base mechanics.
Especially about map - here super mechanic for to dynamically generate maps - like dungeons, challanges(cave,events) - like prov -> build big shep and go expeditions... for adventures - in side one server (prov) it's possible
but it's JC, do not expect anything more from him.

Why ?
It's noticeable.
when the one player sell cloths (15s) so much... they reduce to 10s... ( after the fact... )
when bodzio discover 5 silver ore into 5 silver bar - JC nerf smelting like a hell... now from 10 ore + 15 lime ( max 2 bars ) ... ... with set... or without...
so now the one player got 2900 herbs (etc) and then nerf insp. ? zonk...

it's JC, do not expect anything more from him.

but really myself i sometime feel i got 2nd job ...

and now Max leave game...
i wonder why JC do that...

Vision quest complete
Propulsion

Postby skltnk » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:57 am

JC is making the game better. Ya'll just lack brainpower to appreciate that.

You being stupid is not good enough reason for not updating the game.
skltnk

Postby Taipion » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:06 am

skltnk wrote:JC is making the game better. Ya'll just lack brainpower to appreciate that.

You being stupid is not good enough reason for not updating the game.

"Look around you. What do you see?
Corruption, perversion, sin?
No. It is progress.
You simply lack the means to see it."
- Inquisitor Maligaro
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses