most annoying thing in saslem

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

most annoying thing in saslem

a) rats in darkness
34%
b) crows everywhere
16%
c) darwoth's *****/complaining at forum
29%
d) heffernan being successful
21%

Total votes : 73

Re: most annoying thing in saslem

Postby kitty629 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:46 am

Anyway this thread is a poll, you are supposed to pick one of the options at the top!
kitty629
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:59 am

Why the options do not include having to do an effort in order to progress ?
That would be my vote.
Chrumps

Postby grapefruitv » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:03 am

Faultierstein wrote:
so its an embarrassment to want to improve a game? that's kind of sad, how successful is this game? um lets look at how many players are actually playing.....looks like 415 per day.....yeah not that popular, now lets look at world of Warcraft which has both pve and pvp they have over a million players, lets look at wurm, not as popular maybe a few thousand, also pve and pvp cant think of other games at the moment since salem wow and wurm is all i play besides my single player games, what's an embarrassment is you as a moderator, since you insulted a player on a already low player base lol now lets look at WoW for a moment, how many players they have compared to salem....like in the multi millions? roflmao....there isnt even a full 500 playing everyday lol thats an embarrassment, at this rate salem isnt even a game its a social experiment gone wrong rofl

And how many games similar to WoW are out there? Dozens? Hundreds? While there is only one other game similar to salem, created by the same people.
Salem is a niche game for a very specific kind of mindset, it would never be able to compete in numbers with big titles and this is not the goal for this game at all.
I personally wouldn't touch WoW with the longest stick, because to me it is incredibly shallow and boring and overall a **** game. And I find it shallow exactly because stakes there are not high enough and there is no real risk. If you like WoW, just play WoW, don't try to suggest to change other games into it's clone to chase numbers.
1-2 thousands unique players is all Salem really needs.
grapefruitv

Postby Ronch » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:10 pm

Chrumps wrote:Why the options do not include having to do an effort in order to progress ?
That would be my vote.

Slaves !
Reviresco wrote:I log into this game and have fun.
Ronch

Postby Dallane » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:02 pm

Faultierstein wrote:so its an embarrassment to want to improve a game? that's kind of sad, how successful is this game? um lets look at how many players are actually playing.....looks like 415 per day.....yeah not that popular, now lets look at world of Warcraft which has both pve and pvp they have over a million players, lets look at wurm, not as popular maybe a few thousand, also pve and pvp cant think of other games at the moment since salem wow and wurm is all i play besides my single player games, what's an embarrassment is you as a moderator, since you insulted a player on a already low player base lol now lets look at WoW for a moment, how many players they have compared to salem....like in the multi millions? roflmao....there isnt even a full 500 playing everyday lol thats an embarrassment, at this rate salem isnt even a game its a social experiment gone wrong rofl

Yes you are embarrassing yourself by asking for a pve option. You clearly don't understand the game and it might not be for you once you lose some pixels. You are giving zero ideas to improve this game. Giving a pve option would more than likely turn more core players away than the small increase in beta males. JC doesn't care how many people play as long as they are playing and having fun. 415 for a fairly unknown game is really good. The fact that the game is funded for years on end is a huge achievement. The fact you were retarded enough to compare this game to wow in any fashion at all is really hilarious. Two complete different games with nothing similar to them at all. This isn't the next wow-esq mmo and no one expects it to be. If you want to get on a kiddie ride then go play hello kitty. Otherwise be a man and build large walls with braziers to protect your land.

If you want to give good ideas on how to make a more balanced pve/pvp experience then do that. Saying you only want a pve option is just never going to happen and doesn't improve the game at all.

Also stop bringing up that I'm a mod. If you have a issue with moderation then you need to message TotallyMeow. I'm posting to you as a player unless I'm using this color.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:09 am

Faultierstein wrote:so its an embarrassment to want to improve a game? that's kind of sad, how successful is this game? um lets look at how many players are actually playing.....looks like 415 per day.....yeah not that popular, now lets look at world of Warcraft which has both pve and pvp they have over a million players, lets look at wurm, not as popular maybe a few thousand, also pve and pvp cant think of other games at the moment since salem wow and wurm is all i play besides my single player games, what's an embarrassment is you as a moderator, since you insulted a player on a already low player base lol now lets look at WoW for a moment, how many players they have compared to salem....like in the multi millions? roflmao....there isnt even a full 500 playing everyday lol thats an embarrassment, at this rate salem isnt even a game its a social experiment gone wrong rofl

There is a list in the Ideas section of ideas we will never implement. PvE is one of them, so there's no need to be so nasty to people who have been here for years just because you think all games should be exactly the same. We don't want to be like WoW or Wurm, we prefer to cater to that group of players that likes a particular kind of game. A very dangerous pvp sandbox type of game. Even if there were only 10 players, we'd be happy if we knew they were enjoying themselves.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby belgear » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:13 am

tbh everything about salem is annoying

still manages to be pretty fun so idg what is going on here
belgear
Customer

Postby Faultierstein » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:41 am

TotalyMeow wrote:

There is a list in the Ideas section of ideas we will never implement. PvE is one of them, so there's no need to be so nasty to people who have been here for years just because you think all games should be exactly the same. We don't want to be like WoW or Wurm, we prefer to cater to that group of players that likes a particular kind of game. A very dangerous pvp sandbox type of game. Even if there were only 10 players, we'd be happy if we knew they were enjoying themselves.

wanting to be like wow or wurm wasnt the point, i was just stating my opinion how its annoying that there is no pve option, the fact that a moderator said im a retard is my point, suggesting content even if its not in the plan isn't retarded, maybe i should of kept my mouth shut but i wanted to hear others opinion on my opinion not be insulted by a moderator, now if he was just a player i would of shrugged it off and said whatever *******, the other player he insulted likes the game, but has already met abuse by a mod, thats not ok
Faultierstein

Postby Kirana7505 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:49 am

Dallane wrote:
Petunnia wrote:
Faultierstein wrote:the most annoying thing....guess it would have to be no pve option, I’m all for PvP but after a while it gets boring, should have some mechanic to disallow attacking players and claims who opt out, make it permanent so can’t switch between the two, yea I know pvers are care bears or whatever but it’s still a player base of which Salem doesn’t have much of

I would also like to opt-out of PvP. It's not something I'm interested in. I really just like building my homestead and crafting. After watching Gamer Zakh's videos "Surviving Salem", I try to dodge any other player I encounter. I've just been playing for a short time and I don't want to be killed, being new and still learning the game mechanics.

You both should make friends and build large walls backed up with braziers. You have already made a embarrassment of yourselves posting about a pve option which is beyond ***** retarded. Don't make the same mistake twice.

You are embarrassing yourself as a moderator, saying players are retarded just because they have their own opinion. Thats just sad. ¦]
Kirana7505

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:52 am

Well, Dallane is a normal player of the game who also happens to moderate when necessary. He posts in green when he's acting as a mod. So, I guess you can shrug it off now.

As for your idea, the problem is that it has been suggested enough times that it has a mention in a specific thread of ideas you should not suggest because they have been suggested and rejected by people too many times. But they do not fit with our plan for the game, they will never be added, and suggesting them yet again just annoys everyone involved because it demonstrates either a lack of respect for the game creators or a general laziness in that you didn't bother to even scan the stickied topics or do a simple search for your idea before posting. So, maybe you can understand now why you got that reaction. You also posted your idea in the wrong section while derailing this topic. :(
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses