Delirus the Market Manipulator

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Delirus the Market Manipulator

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:52 pm

JohnCarver wrote:For a server where these things should be reached 3 months in, and win conditions should be met 6 months in. Players were already 'too advanced' this expedition for the time that has elapsed. Thus meaning I would slow down progression before speeding it up. What specific part of progression would you feel you wanted sped up, and why? Does it not too bother you to see players achieve 95%+ of Salem content in less than 30 days on a fresh server?

Progression is fine don't listen to him he's butthurt he died
making stuff more difficult just hurts other people than no lifers
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby Nsuidara » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:16 pm

JohnCarver wrote:
toddesloan wrote:
Aye, and the common theme among all of us - "we just kinda lost interest and weren't doing much around".

Next expedition speed the progression up to at least 4x. And you might keep more of us active. Just my .02.

It has only been a month and players already have Tier 3 stuff, Cannons, 100+ Bliles (some have 200+ but plenty of vets were able to hit 100+), and 150+ Prof.

For a server where these things should be reached 3 months in, and win conditions should be met 6 months in. Players were already 'too advanced' this expedition for the time that has elapsed. Thus meaning I would slow down progression before speeding it up. What specific part of progression would you feel you wanted sped up, and why? Does it not too bother you to see players achieve 95%+ of Salem content in less than 30 days on a fresh server?

How many here normal player
How many player no-life ?
here ?
if you talking about Tier 3 stuff
\(*o*)\ Praying in the Marp Church may reduce the time for update /(*o*)/
Nsuidara
Customer

Postby toddesloan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:42 pm

I think the stats are ok I suppose. I was able to hit close to 80 playing casually. It was everything else. It's all 1x. The lumber piles, the charcoal piles, the cook times, the boil times, the fields etc. At 1x just sorta found myself logging in, waiting for those things to turn, got bored and not motivated to really keep pushing on a temp server. I think you nailed the map size though, the map size is perfect. Grind/timers is fine on Providence, that's a permanent server.
Last edited by toddesloan on Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby Nikixos » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:44 pm

+1 on making timber piles dry in 3 days or 4
Image Image
Nikixos

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:35 am

I think the concern I have with speeding up those aspects is that I want the server to go through the 'age' of certain things.

So for the first week you are clearly in 'wood age' because without a dry board you cannot reasonable build your stone wall gates.

Then after dry boards come in you are in the stone age, but not plank age until you get enough boards to make a plank fence.

Etc. etc. Also cannons and bells are not a thing to consider yet given that nobody has wrought super early. All I'm getting at is, I think its a nice thing that players can go through various 'stages' of advancement based on hard timer restrictions. If anything I am getting a little sad because the 'end-game' is here now for the top factions of Concord. I feel like there should be 'more' later industries that unlock in months 2-4 making the landscape continue to shift in terms of what technology is out there and what counters are available for both attackers and defenders.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby toddesloan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:33 am

Yeah but we have already played/gone thru those rotations/milestones on the perma server. So when you run the same metagame over and over and over at the same speeds, as a gamer its hard to stay interested. I think the playerbase on the expeditions simply wants to kill each other over and over, so why not give us a faster metagame in order to accomplish that playstyle? You could also then fairly "unlock things in months 2-4 making the landscape continue to shift in terms of what technology is out there and what counters are available for both attackers and defenders." Because it would be easier to roll out characters for more people to participate thru the entire lifecycle etc. Right now the gamer spends way too long developing a char (base) who in return sees maybe a few minutes of pvp a week?
Last edited by toddesloan on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
BigCountry
The Clintons (William and Hillary)

http://www.twitch.tv/bigcountry74/profile
toddesloan
Customer

Postby Judaism » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:41 am

It really sucks, as I have mentioned before I do not find joy in building extremely large bases nor do I want to be forced to get all the production aspects of this game in order to further progress with the cravings and other aspects.

The expeditions should be vastly different, rather than some small changes. I have never been someone who likes those aspects, for example I want to consume the bodies of players to progress and with raid/PvP alone. I do not want to make 50 fields, get iron production, get vegetables going, get a super large town etc. I know that it would be hard to balance my wishes into an expedition but right now, all it offers are some cannons and a new way to push your biles with grapes and wine.

The competition is right there, that is by far the largest reason to stick to it but other than that I fully agree, doing the same thing over and over is just tedious and the amount of time it takes is just madness.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby JohnCarver » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:33 am

Judaism wrote:It really sucks, as I have mentioned before I do not find joy in building extremely large bases nor do I want to be forced to get all the production aspects of this game in order to further progress with the cravings and other aspects.

The expeditions should be vastly different, rather than some small changes. I have never been someone who likes those aspects, for example I want to consume the bodies of players to progress and with raid/PvP alone. I do not want to make 50 fields, get iron production, get vegetables going, get a super large town etc. I know that it would be hard to balance my wishes into an expedition but right now, all it offers are some cannons and a new way to push your biles with grapes and wine.

The competition is right there, that is by far the largest reason to stick to it but other than that I fully agree, doing the same thing over and over is just tedious and the amount of time it takes is just madness.

All your kills become meaningless and all your loot becomes trivial if it was easy to get and the progression was a joke. What I cannot do is bring myself to own a server where its an FPS frag fest that takes no time to complete and/or advance. That just means when you kill the 'other guys' base that also only took a few hours to build the taste is that much less satisfying.

In conclusion. I would rather play a game where I have 1 PVP confrontation a week, for every 40 hours of play that I will remember for expeditions to come. Than a game where I have a dozen battles each week, all which blur together, because each one came easy and ended quickly.
ceedat wrote:the overwhelming frustration of these forums and the unnecessarily over complicated game mechanics is what i enjoy about this game most.

Nsuidara wrote:it is a strange and difficult game in no positive way
JohnCarver
Site Admin

Postby Judaism » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:46 am

JohnCarver wrote:
All your kills become meaningless and all your loot becomes trivial if it was easy to get and the progression was a joke. What I cannot do is bring myself to own a server where its an FPS frag fest that takes no time to complete and/or advance. That just means when you kill the 'other guys' base that also only took a few hours to build the taste is that much less satisfying.

In conclusion. I would rather play a game where I have 1 PVP confrontation a week, for every 40 hours of play that I will remember for expeditions to come. Than a game where I have a dozen battles each week, all which blur together, because each one came easy and ended quickly.

I understand but the game is only becoming harder to grasp, require more and intense skills. I know it would be something entirely different, but at some point you are done with building large bases and massive production which is currently necessarily for groups.

There are always ways to create or change things to a way it is entirely possible, it would just be a big difference from what Providence is. Cannibalism for example could scale with your biles and at certain points also provide you with more skills other than just biles. The drop chances could further adapt to your skills, alongside building requirements so things are way more Dependant upon your character progression, add in ways so that you are more encouraged to leave scents and so forth. It is not an idea, just sprouting stuff but I do not think it is impossible to achieve something entirely different from all the other chores.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses