Pigs lottery [Finished]

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Pigs lottery [Finished]

Postby Chrumps » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:13 pm

I offer you unique opportunity to gain a breeding pair of pigs. I will run a lottery in which the main reward is a breeding pair of pigs. As a consolation reward, every non winning participant will receive one unit of pig manure which is great fertilizer.

This is the breeding pair which will be the main reward.

Lottery ticket costs 500s.

I am now collecting bookings for a ticket. I need a minimum of 10 participants to actually run the lottery.

EDIT: There are 3 participants who bought 6 tickets total. I decided to proceed as planned, despite 10 tickets goal was not met.

All booked tickets have to be paid before Monday, 23.12 12:00 GMT. Unpaid tickets will not take part in lottery.

EDIT: Welp, I shall postpone the deadline at least several hours after the server is up. Hopefully, still today.

All bookings shall include number in range 0-99. The number shall be sent in private message and shall not be shown to anyone.
One person may buy more than one ticket and shall send respective quantity of numbers.
On Monday, 25.12 at 20:00 GMT I will select the winner.

EDIT: I shall postpone the resolution due to server crash. ETA Tuesday 26 december, unknown time.

Handing out the prize can be done immediately after the results are published or at the time agreed with the winner.

The selection will be done as follows:
I will sort the list of participants according to the numbers they gave. Players who bought more than one ticket will be listed multiple times, respectively. In case when two players give the same number, the date and time of PM with number will decide. The list will be numbered starting from 0.
I will add all the numbers from valid tickets and divide that sum by the number of tickets. The remainder of the division (modulo) will be the number of the winning list entry.

EDIT:
To further clarify: your number is like a a ball in lotto, it is a part of winning combination. It is perfectly OK if two persons give me the same number or if one person buys several tickets all with the same number. There is no reason for me to say I do not like your number or that it is already taken, as long as it is an integer within 0-99 range.

Example:
Suppose there are 5 participants who sent me following numbers:
Anne - 67
Barbara - 65
Charles - 6
Dennis - 74
Elisabeth - 15

I would sort the list as follows:
0 - Charles - 6
1 - Elisabeth - 15
2 - Barbara - 65
3 - Anne - 67
4 - Dennis - 74

6 + 15 + 65 + 67 + 74 = 227
227 mod 5 = 2

The winner is Barbara because she has number 2 on the list.
Last edited by Chrumps on Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Chrumps

Re: Pigs lottery

Postby Chrumps » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Participants who paid tickets:
Lihz
thatguy
khain
Nikixos
Last edited by Chrumps on Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chrumps

Postby Lihz » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Great idea to have some christmas fun :). Just bought a couple of tickets - seems worth the risk. Also, i know Kotomor from earlier, a fair tradesman. All questions i had regarding the lottery was answered well.

Join the fun and games everyone :).
Lihz
Customer

Postby gustavohvg » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:16 am

Uh, you need some safe way to "sort" numbers. You can use a irl big lottery number to sort your number (like making the first 2 numbers of it your own sorted numbers). Otherwise it would be difficult to trust you.

Lihz over-advertised this lottery, making me think that he/she already is the winner
Main char: Alcabitus
gustavohvg

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:56 am

gustavohvg wrote:Uh, you need some safe way to "sort" numbers. You can use a irl big lottery number to sort your number (like making the first 2 numbers of it your own sorted numbers). Otherwise it would be difficult to trust you.

Lihz over-advertised this lottery, making me think that he/she already is the winner

As a neutral third party, I've agreed to check the results should there be a dispute about the winner.

I think this event sounds like a lot of fun, a wonderful prize for a small investment. I'd enter myself if I weren't on the dev team.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Chrumps » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:44 am

Lihz turned my attention to the fact not everyone may want to be listed as a participant. That would be indeed a problem because transparency was meant as one of safeguards in the lottery.
Indeed there is always a possibility to insert own alt into the list of participants. My idea to protect against that was to make the list of participants visible from very beginning. If one wants to remain anonymous then the only option is to use an alt account, but please do not use alts with 0 post count or accounts which were just created.
I will have to ask moderator team to confirm that less know names in the list are not associated with me. I will also report all ticket PMs as 'abuse' so the moderators can review them and confirm.
I ask my townmates to stay away from this lottery for the sake of transparency.

Update: I heard gossips that @Belgear offered free pigs to anyone wanting to take part in the lottery. You should definitely try there ¦] .
Chrumps

Postby belgear » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:00 am

Chrumps wrote:Lihz turned my attention to the fact not everyone may want to be listed as a participant. That would be indeed a problem because transparency was meant as one of safeguards in the lottery.
Indeed there is always a possibility to insert own alt into the list of participants. My idea to protect against that was to make the list of participants visible from very beginning. If one wants to remain anonymous then the only option is to use an alt account, but please do not use alts with 0 post count or accounts which were just created.
I will have to ask moderator team to confirm that less know names in the list are not associated with me. I will also report all ticket PMs as 'abuse' so the moderators can review them and confirm.
I ask my townmates to stay away from this lottery for the sake of transparency.

Update: I heard gossips that @Belgear offered free pigs to anyone wanting to take part in the lottery. You should definitely try there ¦] .

Oi, that was a joke tyvm
belgear
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:54 pm

belgear wrote:Oi, that was a joke tyvm

I know. I just pulled it a tiny step further. Did you get a lot of inquiries, BTW ?
Chrumps

Postby belgear » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:31 am

Chrumps wrote:
belgear wrote:Oi, that was a joke tyvm

I know. I just pulled it a tiny step further. Did you get a lot of inquiries, BTW ?

0. They don't want my handouts.
belgear
Customer

Postby Chrumps » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:33 pm

Update:
There are 3 participants who bought 6 tickets total. I decided to proceed as planned, despite 10 tickets goal was not met.
Welp, I shall postpone the deadline at least several hours after the server is up. Hopefully, still today.
I shall postpone the resolution due to server crash. ETA Tuesday 26 december, unknown time.

belgear wrote:0. They don't want my handouts.

That means all players who really wanted pigs already have them. A good reason to dismiss any complaints in that matter. :D
Chrumps

Next

Return to House of Burgesses