SinglePlayer?

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

SinglePlayer?

Postby Dexibii » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 pm

This is not a suggestion, I was just curious. I was SUPER interested in this game in every way. This game has several features in survival that are fun, but my time was ruined by joining the forum discussions at seeing how far everybody else progressed. I worked hard making many mistakes like wasting inspiration in the beginning and not knowing certain skills being crucial or giving a boosts. All of that was fun though!! I LOVED the whole "Omfg I could have been doing this" feeling. The feeling I don't like is that I join a game everybody else has been playing before me. The fact there are no caps and people can make alts with double my health in short time ( I stopped near 100 biles) made me feel as if there was no purpose in continuing when I could play in another game where months of progress would go to waste. Yes, the game was fun, but not fun enough to start over. Pvp sounds like a joy, but when you are rendered helpless because you didn't find the game first, the joy is taken away. I tried playing Haven and Hearth hearing its the same thing but with caps, and the tutorial confused the hell out of me.. Couldn't find some guy and everything about it seemed confusing. Tried eating food and my hunger didnt go up, wasnt a good time. Wiki also didnt help at all. Everything was too foreign.

Did this game ever mention making a singleplayer version, or even better, a simple method of making private servers. Currently playing on my private modded server in minecraft and was thinking about the hardship of salem. I nearly never pay for anything game related, but if the price is right I would buy this for me and a few friends who can't afford it, then host a world to enjoy the PvE aspects and occasionally fight one another if bored. Maybe even make some fun mini-games out of it like "Capture the turkey (flag)" with 2 teams.
User avatar
Dexibii
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: SinglePlayer?

Postby nosfirebird » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:16 pm

join a town or make 1 and get up to the point of being able to do what everyone else is doing. get a max level feasting set asap and your good to go
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Re: SinglePlayer?

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:45 pm

You are prayin in the wrong church bud.
Devs here cant even make simple fix (they can, they just dont care enough to do it).
Also, in my opinion, a single player Salem experience would ruin the game. Its fear of losing everything you own that makes this game so fun sometimes.
Dallane wrote:Sorry for the trolling and derailing. I updated the OP with the fix action you found. GJ sir!
ZoddAlmighty
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Re: SinglePlayer?

Postby Dallane » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:09 pm

lol OP ***** no this game will never be single player.

Everything you listed as keeping you from enjoying this game is straight ignorant on your part. You basically can't play any sort of multiplayer game because people will have a advantage on you. You will never be on top or make yourself better because people will climb above you. I'd hate to see how your IRL career path has been affected with that mentality.

Your 100 bile character is more than likely higher than what most people use for day to day activities. If you had invested your time into learning the game instead of worrying and crying about the competition then you would see how retarded you sound.

Everything you posted about wanting to do with friends you can do now for free without worry from other people spoiling your fun. You might even have more fun defending from raiders which you have a massive advantage on. Even more advantage if you called in help from Darwoth or other friendly community members.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14477
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: SinglePlayer?

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:47 pm

Dallane wrote:lol OP ***** no this game will never be single player.

Everything you listed as keeping you from enjoying this game is straight ignorant on your part. You basically can't play any sort of multiplayer game because people will have a advantage on you. You will never be on top or make yourself better because people will climb above you. I'd hate to see how your IRL career path has been affected with that mentality.

Your 100 bile character is more than likely higher than what most people use for day to day activities. If you had invested your time into learning the game instead of worrying and crying about the competition then you would see how retarded you sound.

Everything you posted about wanting to do with friends you can do now for free without worry from other people spoiling your fun. You might even have more fun defending from raiders which you have a massive advantage on. Even more advantage if you called in help from Darwoth or other friendly community members.

100% correct.
You can achieve 'end game' status in 3 months.
For most of the things you do not need super high biles or profficiencies .
Yeah those are nice but bottomline they are just time savers.
Dallane wrote:Sorry for the trolling and derailing. I updated the OP with the fix action you found. GJ sir!
ZoddAlmighty
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Re: SinglePlayer?

Postby Dexibii » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:14 pm

Dallane wrote:lol OP ***** no this game will never be single player.

Everything you listed as keeping you from enjoying this game is straight ignorant on your part. You basically can't play any sort of multiplayer game because people will have a advantage on you. You will never be on top or make yourself better because people will climb above you. I'd hate to see how your IRL career path has been affected with that mentality.

Your 100 bile character is more than likely higher than what most people use for day to day activities. If you had invested your time into learning the game instead of worrying and crying about the competition then you would see how retarded you sound.

Everything you posted about wanting to do with friends you can do now for free without worry from other people spoiling your fun. You might even have more fun defending from raiders which you have a massive advantage on. Even more advantage if you called in help from Darwoth or other friendly community members.


I dont understand what you are talking about? There are different communities and what you said is highly opinion based. Just like minecraft, People can either choose the pvp life where they risk their gear, and the pve life where they combat AI creatures instead. You seem like the type of player that would say "Oh Minecraft factions is the best thing that could ever happen to minecraft, all servers should be like that." I am also okay with people having an advantage on me, thats SUPER fun in pvp, but not fun when it completely ends the game. My IRL career path is to be a chemist, just incase you were wondering :D . I can't apply the "people being better" mentality to my career path because its not like another chemist can make me lose my job, then make me start all the way back in kindergarten. Sure, I can lose my job to somebody better and then be a chemist somewhere else immediately. So I don't understand your analogy... Sorry for being so retarded :) . I also spend more time invested in my classes than salem, I apologize for that too. I would expect to sound retarded about a game while i maintain a perfect gpa in college. Can't win in them all :). I wont have more fun defending from raiders, because like i said, i dont like it. I tried to defend my base only to learn that walls needed more space from one another. Mistake on my part, and i enjoyed making that mistake. But I would not enjoy starting over again.

Sorry If i offended you and your territory. I see you take this game very religiously :(. You should understand what an opinion is though, Not everybody likes pvp.
User avatar
Dexibii
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: SinglePlayer?

Postby Dallane » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Dexibii wrote:
Dallane wrote:lol OP ***** no this game will never be single player.

Everything you listed as keeping you from enjoying this game is straight ignorant on your part. You basically can't play any sort of multiplayer game because people will have a advantage on you. You will never be on top or make yourself better because people will climb above you. I'd hate to see how your IRL career path has been affected with that mentality.

Your 100 bile character is more than likely higher than what most people use for day to day activities. If you had invested your time into learning the game instead of worrying and crying about the competition then you would see how retarded you sound.

Everything you posted about wanting to do with friends you can do now for free without worry from other people spoiling your fun. You might even have more fun defending from raiders which you have a massive advantage on. Even more advantage if you called in help from Darwoth or other friendly community members.


I dont understand what you are talking about? There are different communities and what you said is highly opinion based. Just like minecraft, People can either choose the pvp life where they risk their gear, and the pve life where they combat AI creatures instead. You seem like the type of player that would say "Oh Minecraft factions is the best thing that could ever happen to minecraft, all servers should be like that." I am also okay with people having an advantage on me, thats SUPER fun in pvp, but not fun when it completely ends the game. My IRL career path is to be a chemist, just incase you were wondering :D . I can't apply the "people being better" mentality to my career path because its not like another chemist can make me lose my job, then make me start all the way back in kindergarten. Sure, I can lose my job to somebody better and then be a chemist somewhere else immediately. So I don't understand your analogy... Sorry for being so retarded :) . I also spend more time invested in my classes than salem, I apologize for that too. I would expect to sound retarded about a game while i maintain a perfect gpa in college. Can't win in them all :). I wont have more fun defending from raiders, because like i said, i dont like it. I tried to defend my base only to learn that walls needed more space from one another. Mistake on my part, and i enjoyed making that mistake. But I would not enjoy starting over again.

Sorry If i offended you and your territory. I see you take this game very religiously :(. You should understand what an opinion is though, Not everybody likes pvp.


There is a difference in having a opinion and being outright wrong. You claiming that anyone can come through and end your salem career is foolish.

Sure thats great for mindcraft. I find it interesting but minecraft was created to be a soloplayer sandbox and evolved to what we have today. Salem was designed to be a MMO sandbox where people join/form communities and play out whatever they want to fill their time. Literally nothing is stopping you from enjoying this game like you claim to want to other than yourself. All the tools are there for you to have a great time.

I do indeed love this game and get extremely annoyed with people having this "others started before me so I can't enjoy this". It been happening for the last 5+ years and if someone would actually play the game instead of being scared of losing pixels you would see that your original opinion is extremely wrong.

Edit: As far as getting raided if you use what the devs have provided you will never worry about this. Being a defender at the moment has extreme advantages to the point where no one really wants to go after a decently defended base.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14477
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: SinglePlayer?

Postby Memento » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:01 am

If we had the 2nd expedition you could start with everyone else, but its been almost a year and they can't even decide on a name!
Memento
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Re: SinglePlayer?

Postby TotalyMeow » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:58 am

Dexibii wrote:I dont understand what you are talking about?


What he is talking about is that if you constantly feel like you have to be the best and reap the benefits of being the best even if you have invested a lot less time in something than the people around you, you're not going to have fun in any multiplayer game, and you'll probably have misery in life as well. Every single person you see that has more than you, higher characters, bigger base, has been learning the game and working on what they have for sometimes years. But it's not even necessary to be so envious or to let envy ruin your experience, you can definitely be one of the more successful players here after just a few months of hard work if that is your desire. People here will be glad to give you tips, and check the help section and the wiki. But beware that the wiki is player-run and sometimes contains inaccuracies.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: SinglePlayer?

Postby Dexibii » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:27 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
Dexibii wrote:I dont understand what you are talking about?


What he is talking about is that if you constantly feel like you have to be the best and reap the benefits of being the best even if you have invested a lot less time in something than the people around you, you're not going to have fun in any multiplayer game, and you'll probably have misery in life as well. Every single person you see that has more than you, higher characters, bigger base, has been learning the game and working on what they have for sometimes years. But it's not even necessary to be so envious or to let envy ruin your experience, you can definitely be one of the more successful players here after just a few months of hard work if that is your desire. People here will be glad to give you tips, and check the help section and the wiki. But beware that the wiki is player-run and sometimes contains inaccuracies.


I think you guys don't understand. I don't care if somebody is better than me. I loved playing dark souls and getting invaded by people who had better gear and were more prepared. I would try to fight, get close, and then lose all my souls. I kept playing the game and enjoyed every single loss, getting better and better. In this game, if I met a person who had disposable alts, they could just perma-kill me using ingame cash to unlock the skill, and then take everything I own. Thats the boring part, when completely restarting the game is a risk. Even if I try my best and get very prepared, Lag could be the reason I die and have to start all over again. Dark souls makes it so I don't lose anything but my souls and progression to a boss. It doesnt make me start again with a new character.

Again, All I don't like is the fact that a better player has a restart button on my game. I am perfectly fine with the fact that a better player can get all my items. Also, for all of the people saying "Hell no," why? Even my girlfriend agrees that the game would be fun if I could just host a world to play with friends. 99% of the time we played alone on salem, the other 1% we talked to people who were goofing around in spawn, hugging and pushing. Traded maybe 2 times, but that was only to speed things up. Eventually I looked at all the progress I made and saw the progress everybody else was making on the forums. Several people being toxic, killing and scamming. I always knew I wouldn't be the best, but then I realized theres no point in me continuing in this game when I could choose a similar game. If I had a lot of fun playing on salem and I had a small insignificant amount of communication with others, then i assure you that I would enjoy this game in my own world with friends.
User avatar
Dexibii
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:03 pm

Next

Return to House of Burgesses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests