Killing the game

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Killing the game

Postby gorniksam » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:24 am

Heffernan wrote:
theres alot of stuff that drags players away

broken combat mechanics
madness
freezing to block

:lol: :lol: :lol:
you re retarded
gorniksam

Postby Heffernan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 am

gorniksam wrote:
Heffernan wrote:
theres alot of stuff that drags players away

broken combat mechanics
madness
freezing to block

:lol: :lol: :lol:
you re retarded

*you're
Heffernan

Postby Dallane » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:59 am

Heffernan wrote:freezing to block

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Propulsion » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:42 am

Judaism wrote:Keep in mind that there have been many changes which promoted utilizing alts and such, therefore the true meaning behind these numbers is an indication at best.

Graph, of the start to current playerbase under Mortal Moments development. (not entirely accuracte with the timeline):

Allas to add some more perspective into these numbers: here we are in 2013, march:

Here we are in 2014, january a few months prior to the server wipe:

Here we are in 2014, march Providence has just gotten added, server wipe:

Here we are a couple months into Mortal Moments heavy development, October 2014.

Here we are in december, final month of 2014:

February 2015:

July 2015, a new start with expedition (Popham)

November 2015:

April 2016:

September 2016

November 2016:

June 2017:

Today:

The conclusion

With the take-over from Mortal Moments, the game has gotten a small boost. For the long run this boost was very important, nevertheless regarding the active playerbase the boost was small at best. The peak was most certainly during the release of Popham, it was however a temporary boost and quickly after that the numbers dropped back to take-over days and since then they slowely have dropped below those numbers. Currently the activity is rather solid, declining slightly without additional content. We might even be at an all-time low, even worse than prior server wipe.

WOW..284 today

#sellthegame
Propulsion

Postby Judaism » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:47 am

Propulsion wrote:
WOW..284 today

#sellthegame

Not entirely sure whether or not there would even be any party interested, at least the game's worth has dropped significantly. The thing about Jorb & Loftar is atleast they were willing to give the stick to someone else, people who were enthusiastic.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby nosfirebird » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:31 am

Judaism wrote:
Propulsion wrote:
WOW..284 today

#sellthegame

Not entirely sure whether or not there would even be any party interested, at least the game's worth has dropped significantly. The thing about Jorb & Loftar is atleast they were willing to give the stick to someone else, people who were enthusiastic.

nope not really looked into paying programmers from india to make a game like this but in the end i said nope im a farmer not a developer but costs where around 10k for java
nosfirebird

Postby Forungi » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:03 am

Judaism wrote:
Propulsion wrote:
WOW..284 today

#sellthegame

I'd gladly buy Salem AND hire an additional developer besides myself.

Starting offer at $25k
Forungi

Postby Rifmaster » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:18 pm

Forungi wrote:
I'd gladly buy Salem AND hire an additional developer besides myself.

Starting offer at $25k

If you're serious about that, it's prolly better to email the devs rather than discuss it in a topic of some butthurt guy about how people taking his things is bad.
Rifmaster

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:12 am

Forungi wrote:I'd gladly buy Salem AND hire an additional developer besides myself.

Starting offer at $25k

lol low balling like mad.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby nosfirebird » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:48 am

Dallane wrote:
Forungi wrote:I'd gladly buy Salem AND hire an additional developer besides myself.

Starting offer at $25k

lol low balling like mad.

lol not really since anyone can get a clone made for around 10 grand he is actually overpaying. of course with a clone you would be forced to change a few things to not be sue'd but the name salem aint worth an extra 15k and source code that is garbled and mangled
nosfirebird

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses