Killing the game

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Killing the game

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:00 am

nosfirebird wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Forungi wrote:I'd gladly buy Salem AND hire an additional developer besides myself.

Starting offer at $25k

lol low balling like mad.

lol not really since anyone can get a clone made for around 10 grand he is actually overpaying. of course with a clone you would be forced to change a few things to not be sue'd but the name salem aint worth an extra 15k and source code that is garbled and mangled

Ah I read his post as him offering to pay a programmer 25k. 10k is def overkill on cloning 100%
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby nosfirebird » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:13 am

Dallane wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Forungi wrote:I'd gladly buy Salem AND hire an additional developer besides myself.

Starting offer at $25k

lol low balling like mad.

lol not really since anyone can get a clone made for around 10 grand he is actually overpaying. of course with a clone you would be forced to change a few things to not be sue'd but the name salem aint worth an extra 15k and source code that is garbled and mangled

Ah I read his post as him offering to pay a programmer 25k. 10k is def overkill on cloning 100%[/quote]

on cloning yes but 10k is 2000 hrs of coding non mangled code that you can update and patch without having it **** out on ya plus you have that coding team for updating and patching!
nosfirebird

Postby Taipion » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:25 am

nosfirebird wrote:10k is 2000 hrs of coding

I doubt you can even get a programmer in india for that price/hour nowadays.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby nosfirebird » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:48 am

Taipion wrote:

india is around 6-7 usd bangladesh is at 5 usd right now they dont have much experience at that price point thats why the project lead (yourself) needs to know how to program. you tell them what you want and exactly how you want it and they will make it happen. and go after people that have 95%+ job completion success
nosfirebird

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:26 am

nosfirebird wrote:
Taipion wrote:

india is around 6-7 usd bangladesh is at 5 usd right now they dont have much experience at that price point thats why the project lead (yourself) needs to know how to program. you tell them what you want and exactly how you want it and they will make it happen. and go after people that have 95%+ job completion success

Sounds like a terrible way to run a game company and big backlash when people find out.

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby nosfirebird » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:04 am

Taipion wrote:

india is around 6-7 usd bangladesh is at 5 usd right now they dont have much experience at that price point thats why the project lead (yourself) needs to know how to program. you tell them what you want and exactly how you want it and they will make it happen. and go after people that have 95%+ job completion success[/quote]

Sounds like a terrible way to run a game company and big backlash when people find out.[/quote]

if your talking about backlash about the wage 5$ to us is like 50 something to them id have to look up the exchange rate. its not a terrible way to run a company its actually a great low cost way of doing it. thats why all the tech giants do it.
nosfirebird

Postby Dallane » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:51 am

nosfirebird wrote:if your talking about backlash about the wage 5$ to us is like 50 something to them id have to look up the exchange rate. its not a terrible way to run a company its actually a great low cost way of doing it. thats why all the tech giants do it.

Yeah thats great except you bring down actual salaries and leave people without jobs in the US. You being a cheap ass does not make for a good company.

Dallane

Postby Heffernan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:09 am

Dallane wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:if your talking about backlash about the wage 5$ to us is like 50 something to them id have to look up the exchange rate. its not a terrible way to run a company its actually a great low cost way of doing it. thats why all the tech giants do it.

You being a cheap ass does not make for a good company.

not working in your own company for 10 months doesnt make a good company too..
Heffernan

Postby Rifmaster » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Dallane wrote:

Yeah thats great except you bring down actual salaries and leave people without jobs in the US. You being a cheap ass does not make for a good company.

Free market dude, if a guy in bangladesh can do something for 5 bucks instead of an american doing it for 50, then there is no logic in hiring the american.
If one values being called an american and thinks they deserve more than some indian in his basement, he should actually make his work worth 50 bucks because he is that much better, not because someone is hiring him just cuz he's an american.
Rifmaster

Postby Taipion » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:16 pm

The trend is actually to get software projects back from there, closer to your self ("on-shoring"), at least for yurop,
as there are several problems involved when getting stuff done for example in India:
- communication may be a problem in general
- timezone difference makes things complicated
- due to different ways of understanding things, getting them to actually understand what exactly you want can be a real challange

And eastern yurop also provides reasonable cost and quality.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses