Killing the game

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Killing the game

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:06 am

Dallane wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:ill sell my exact same quality product at 125.99 for a profit of 74.99 ea what will you be trying to sell your product for?


I'd triple your numbers easy just being American made. If we put them side by side with people knowing it was made in a sweat shop you would sell ***** all.

ohhh man you have no clue about business or american spending habits(there is a very very small minority that only buys american made things below 9%). do you shop at walmart, target, gander mtn, amazon, google, basically any multi billion dollar company? if you do then you are buying from "sweat shops" or actual sweat shops if its walmart. https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... PAPVifXcLk
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Killing the game

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:19 am

nosfirebird wrote:Quite a few companies have taken this attitude and lost millions when their products were immediately ripped off and low-quality copies were sold at steeply discounted prices. And there's nothing you can do about it. Are you going to try to prosecute them? Under what law and how and where? Copyright laws aren't even always the same. Happened to more than one engineering company I worked for and guess what? They stopped outsourcing to foreign countries.


1 word
compartmentalize[/quote]

How do you compartmentalize a cheese grater??
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3685
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Killing the game

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:23 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:Quite a few companies have taken this attitude and lost millions when their products were immediately ripped off and low-quality copies were sold at steeply discounted prices. And there's nothing you can do about it. Are you going to try to prosecute them? Under what law and how and where? Copyright laws aren't even always the same. Happened to more than one engineering company I worked for and guess what? They stopped outsourcing to foreign countries.


1 word
compartmentalize


How do you compartmentalize a cheese grater??[/quote]

i havnt a clue dallane and i where talking about programming. but who would have to steal plans on a cheese grater?? i mean its just holes in a piece of sheet metal.
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Killing the game

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:45 am

nosfirebird wrote:
Dallane wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:ill sell my exact same quality product at 125.99 for a profit of 74.99 ea what will you be trying to sell your product for?


I'd triple your numbers easy just being American made. If we put them side by side with people knowing it was made in a sweat shop you would sell ***** all.

ohhh man you have no clue about business or american spending habits(there is a very very small minority that only buys american made things below 9%). do you shop at walmart, target, gander mtn, amazon, google, basically any multi billion dollar company? if you do then you are buying from "sweat shops" or actual sweat shops if its walmart. https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... PAPVifXcLk


Why the ***** would I ever need to buy from china? 100% american home grown made.

Enjoy your sweatshop wage slave.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14526
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Killing the game

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:55 am

Dallane wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:
Dallane wrote:ill sell my exact same quality product at 125.99 for a profit of 74.99 ea what will you be trying to sell your product for?


I'd triple your numbers easy just being American made. If we put them side by side with people knowing it was made in a sweat shop you would sell ***** all.

ohhh man you have no clue about business or american spending habits(there is a very very small minority that only buys american made things below 9%). do you shop at walmart, target, gander mtn, amazon, google, basically any multi billion dollar company? if you do then you are buying from "sweat shops" or actual sweat shops if its walmart. https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... PAPVifXcLk


Why the ***** would I ever need to buy from china? 100% american home grown made.

Enjoy your sweatshop wage slave.[/quote]
good on you as a consumer your less then 9% once that % hits higher then 50% things might start to change. but to be honest i dont believe you are 100% american made but no way to be sure so good on ya!

oh and also can the forums be updated so it stops saying you may only embed 3 quotes its annoy af
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Killing the game

Postby Dallane » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:09 am

lol man just cut out the quotes. It's annoying but I've been doing it for like 5 years now.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14526
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: Killing the game

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:40 am

TotalyMeow wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:Quite a few companies have taken this attitude and lost millions when their products were immediately ripped off and low-quality copies were sold at steeply discounted prices. And there's nothing you can do about it. Are you going to try to prosecute them? Under what law and how and where? Copyright laws aren't even always the same. Happened to more than one engineering company I worked for and guess what? They stopped outsourcing to foreign countries.


1 word
compartmentalize


How do you compartmentalize a cheese grater??


nosfirebird wrote:i havnt a clue dallane and i where talking about programming. but who would have to steal plans on a cheese grater?? i mean its just holes in a piece of sheet metal.


Please try to get your quotes right, it's pretty annoying and lazy when you mess them up over and over and never bother to fix them. Your last post attributed something to me that you said and to you that I said. :/

You and Dallane were talking about outsourcing work to other countries and how you think it works like a charm. I was giving you my own experience that those companies I have worked for that tried to outsource to cheap labor places like China and India got what they paid for and had their intellectual property stolen from them with no legal recourse to get it back. One of those things was similar to a cheese grater in that it was a simple machine that can't really be 'compartmentalized'. Another was a more complex piece of electronics that couldn't really be broken up into pieces either. Another was a surgical tool which also had to be dealt with as a full assembly as it only had two parts.

I'm not sure how you'd really compartmentalize computer code either as it all has to work together as a unified whole in the end. Isn't trying to chop it up into little bits to protect it and then spreading it around to many agencies a lot of trouble? Isn't it also asking for a lot of bugs?
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3685
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Killing the game

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:34 am

when you go into material realm of merchandise then yes you are deff asking to get ripped off. but you can also get ripped off in the states its called corporate espionage. its far easier to get ripped off overseas on that point you are correct. for bugs in code i have no clue so far it is working for me im not a programmer i have a intern from kirkwood college as lead programmer i can ask her if its buggy when she gets it from the contractors if you like.

oh and sorry about the quotes its pretty annoying and lazy that the forums havnt been updated for 5 years to fix the quote system :D
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

Re: Killing the game

Postby TotalyMeow » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:43 am

It's a standard forum template and had never had a problem with the quote system.

As for corporate espionage, I don't think it's as common as you seem to think. We have patents and NDAs with laws and a working judicial system to back them up.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
User avatar
TotalyMeow
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3685
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:14 pm

Re: Killing the game

Postby nosfirebird » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:32 am

TotalyMeow wrote:It's a standard forum template and had never had a problem with the quote system.

As for corporate espionage, I don't think it's as common as you seem to think. We have patents and NDAs with laws and a working judicial system to back them up.

ohh im sure its as common as governments spying on other governments.
nosfirebird
 
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:47 am

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests