Raid Info

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Raid Info

Postby riker88 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:35 am

So over the last 2+ years or so , I've had my P-Claim raided quite a few times. I Learned a little each time for example:

A) Build more torches/braziers to deter attempts
B) Increase P-Claim size so that the raiders have to carry the loot further.
C) never leave nice things in plain sight
D) Keep a back-up key inside your locked house

It seems the way my base is found is just random, some dude or dudes riding around on a cricket stumbles across it... I never leave any scents or commit any type of crimes to bring that type of crowd.

It use to be that the thieves would set up Leantos as close to my P-Claim border as possible and I guess use that to shuttle food back and forth and then ultimately use it to ferry loot once they breach the wall.

Lately however, I have noticed P-claim raiding setups. The P-claims are more of a pain in the @ss because in order to remove them, I have to commit a crime which of course I don't ever want to do. Where as the Leanto's can be successfully bashed down without scents after the raiders move on. I have tried waiting months and still have to turn on criminal acts in order to knock down the P-claim which is obviously out of silver, leaving a long-lasting vandalism scent. (In one case, I'm assuming it was the raider, used my own vandalism scent to stock me!)

Not to mention, there is no way to know if the P-claim stone is bashable (out of silver) , until you commit a trespassing crime.

I was wondering if there were anyway to deter the raiders from building P-claims near my base. Or any other way of dealing with the things without committing crimes. It's never just one either, it's usually 2 of em per raid..

The unsightly P-Claims get in the way of future expansions, and are a constant reminder that the base was raided.

Any advice appreciated...
riker88
Customer

Re: Raid Info

Postby yuukki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:07 am

Better suited for help section, build a town bell will require a trial by fire + 24 hours to raid your town. pClaims can be freely raided whenever and make for easy drive by raiding.

More defenses, have enough? Doubke that then triple it then double it again and repeat.
⛧ Grand Witch of the Fifth Circle ⛧
yuukki

Postby riker88 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:42 am

i know I should save up and build a bell but in the meantime, how do I get rid of raiders p-claims.

I have several characters each with their own bases , don't want to keep all my eggs in one basket..

So a Town Bell for each of my bases would be very expensive indeed..
riker88
Customer

Postby Taipion » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:37 am

riker88 wrote:i know I should save up and build a bell but in the meantime, how do I get rid of raiders p-claims.

I have several characters each with their own bases , don't want to keep all my eggs in one basket..

If you try to destroy a pclaim that is not out of silver, you won't and therefore leave no waste scents.

Once it is destroyed though, put your own pclaim over the scent and cover/protect it, kilns are famous for that purpose, but a wall and braziers will do even better.
But again, to prevent someone from simply dropping a townbell and declaiming your whole base along with your scent-protection-pclaim, the only defense is a bell of your own.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby riker88 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:02 pm

i believe you have to trespass up to the claim stone before you can try to destroy it.
riker88
Customer

Postby Taipion » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:09 pm

riker88 wrote:i believe you have to trespass up to the claim stone before you can try to destroy it.

Yes you do, but so what?
Trespassing is not summonable, nothing to fear here.
Need something? Here is my Shop (Including some useful info for new/returning players at the bottom of the first post)
Taipion

Postby Dallane » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Taipion wrote:
riker88 wrote:i believe you have to trespass up to the claim stone before you can try to destroy it.

Yes you do, but so what?
Trespassing is not summonable, nothing to fear here.

Nothing to fear but it is one of OP's complaints.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby yuukki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:52 pm

riker88 wrote:i know I should save up and build a bell but in the meantime, how do I get rid of raiders p-claims.

Theres nothing wrong with turtle'ing up in one base but you have to put x3 as much work into that one base then all of your bases combined. That means making sure you have multiple layers of good walls (not stone) and defenses, plank walls are much better and easy to get. I had a stone wall on salem for 6 days, I built a shirt ton of dry boards and after 6 days I bought oiled boards and made my plank wall.
yuukki

Postby riker88 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:57 pm

stone / plank doesn't really seem to matter. Raiders got through either way. In one base I had layer'ed walls . Stone and then Plank, but they still busted through.

Maybe a brick wall might be more effective..

Any idea what time frame it takes to get through each wall layer?

Stone -
Plank -
Brick -
riker88
Customer

Postby yuukki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:23 pm

riker88 wrote:stone / plank doesn't really seem to matter. Raiders got through either way. In one base I had layer'ed walls . Stone and then Plank, but they still busted through.

Maybe a brick wall might be more effective..

Any idea what time frame it takes to get through each wall layer?

Stone -
Plank -
Brick -

Make sure you allign them properly, if you do plank -> stone, when the plank wall is destroyed the stone wall is damaged. Unless they're 5 tiles apart. Dunno about time effectiveness but more defenses the better. The walls themselves arent too bad. If a raider wants to get in though, they will. You'll need to actively refill defenses and so on.
yuukki

Next

Return to House of Burgesses