Raid Info

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Raid Info

Postby Hohenheim » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:47 pm

The best defense is showing raiders that it is not worth the time.

Play Salem like a tower defense game, invest as much as possible into your wall and braziers, your defense is as strong as it's thinnest part.

1. step surround your bell and claimstone with a wall and pack the area with braziers and torches as tightly as you can.
2. step surround your claim with a wall and braziers. 3 rows of braziers as tightly built next to each other as possible is a good start.

Make sure that you focus on building your defense and food infrastructure first. Trade everything else for advancing your defense. Make sure that the value of your base is in its defense. When the ratio defense:storage is high enough, then raiders will not waste their time on your claim. It has to look like a pain without gain.

Most people invest weeks into collecting nice things and only hours in building defense. Don't be one of them.

Nothing wrong with collecting, but turn it into defense asap.
Hohenheim

Postby yuukki » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:28 pm

Hohenheim wrote:The best defense is showing raiders that it is not worth the time.

Play Salem like a tower defense game, invest as much as possible into your wall and braziers, your defense is as strong as it's thinnest part.

1. step surround your bell and claimstone with a wall and pack the area with braziers and torches as tightly as you can.
2. step surround your claim with a wall and braziers. 3 rows of braziers as tightly built next to each other as possible is a good start.

Make sure that you focus on building your defense and food infrastructure first. Trade everything else for advancing your defense. Make sure that the value of your base is in its defense. When the ratio defense:storage is high enough, then raiders will not waste their time on your claim. It has to look like a pain without gain.

Most people invest weeks into collecting nice things and only hours in building defense. Don't be one of them.

Nothing wrong with collecting, but turn it into defense asap.

Yes this is very true, many bases have very nice things but only few defenses. Defenses which are not used. I saw a base not too long ago while foraging with a stone wall, 4 torchposts, brick house and 2 stocks bins packed with leather. 3 stock beens sorted with iron (i assume one for pig, one for wrought and one for steel). Along with alchemy tables just sitting out.

Resources need to be invested into your base first then stored for having nice things. People will take your nice things away!
⛧ Grand Witch of the Fifth Circle ⛧
yuukki

Postby riolic » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:41 pm

Counter point is if I take the time to break in and find no nice things, I'll take your base away :twisted:
riolic
Customer

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses