Tears of a hermit

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Tears of a hermit

Postby belgear » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:12 am

When your amount of store tools will pay for a domain is when you know you should throw down a tbell
belgear
Customer

Postby Meanz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:01 pm

belgear wrote:When your amount of store tools will pay for a domain is when you know you should throw down a tbell

I'll be looking to bell up at my next location,
hopefully I'll find someone else to share the wondrous and unforgiving world of salem for my next adventure.
Meanz

Postby belgear » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:26 am

Meanz wrote:
belgear wrote:When your amount of store tools will pay for a domain is when you know you should throw down a tbell

hopefully I'll find someone else to share the wondrous and unforgiving world of salem for my next adventure.

Where there's a meanz there is a way!

But srsly if they can steal more than 15k put down a bell.
belgear
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:32 am

Meanz wrote:The problem is that I don't really know what "higher level" players are looking for, as for me I've just been looking for leanto's to pclaim.

It's the organization of your claim. You have a double layered brick wall around your mine. You have a plank wall with no obvious wood industry, and several coal clamps with no obvious iron industry and really very little above ground that doesn't have to be. It all points to extensive underground constructions in the mine. And do I see cupboards there on the left? If you had a nice townhouse there too it all points to a rich hermit trying to look small. It would have been a bit of a gamble for them to eminent domain you, but one they must have thought was worth it with the small claim size.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby ksersmustdie » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:17 am

i dont know much about this game but this sounds so savage

can someone explain this situation to me a little more simply?
why was someone able to get his stuff without breaking the walls? what type of investment did it require ?
how can you prevent this? is there a way to prevent people from getting ur stuff altogether or just make it hard as possible?

if i wanna take the hermit path what steps should i take so i dont seem worth the effort?
ksersmustdie

Postby Meanz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:35 am

belgear wrote:
Meanz wrote:

Where there's a meanz there is a way!

But srsly if they can steal more than 15k put down a bell.

Yes, harsh lesson learned!

TotalyMeow wrote:
Meanz wrote:The problem is that I don't really know what "higher level" players are looking for, as for me I've just been looking for leanto's to pclaim.

It's the organization of your claim. You have a double layered brick wall around your mine. You have a plank wall with no obvious wood industry, and several coal clamps with no obvious iron industry and really very little above ground that doesn't have to be. It all points to extensive underground constructions in the mine. And do I see cupboards there on the left? If you had a nice townhouse there too it all points to a rich hermit trying to look small. It would have been a bit of a gamble for them to eminent domain you, but one they must have thought was worth it with the small claim size.

I agree with you, I guess I was just too inexperienced to realize, I was not much of a raider.

ksersmustdie wrote:i dont know much about this game but this sounds so savage

why was someone able to get his stuff without breaking the walls? what type of investment did it require ?
how can you prevent this? is there a way to prevent people from getting ur stuff altogether or just make it hard as possible?

if i wanna take the hermit path what steps should i take so i dont seem worth the effort?

So what happened was that someone put down a town claim around my base. Then they used eminent domain to remove my personal claim.
This way they were suddenly the owners of my base, and they could destroy my gates with ease and take everything I had.

I highlighted the important keywords for you so you could easily search the salem wiki.
Meanz

Postby Lihz » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:39 pm

A part - and arguably the hardest part - of being a hermit, is losing your base, learning the lesson, and starting over or rebuilding.
Lihz
Customer

Postby TotalyMeow » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:21 pm

There is no way to entirely prevent someone from getting your stuff, but you can make it very difficult for them to the point where they'll likely not even try, and go for easier looking claims. There are a lot of threads about it in Help. If you have any questions and can't find answers there, you can post a new thread or PM me.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Heffernan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:17 pm

TotalyMeow wrote:

There is no way to entirely prevent someone from getting your stuff

let me sit at my base and laugh at that comment :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heffernan

Postby riolic » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:45 pm

Heffernan wrote:
TotalyMeow wrote:

There is no way to entirely prevent someone from getting your stuff

let me sit at my base and laugh at that comment :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vatican is raidable, if you think otherwise you are being naive.
riolic
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses