Tears of a hermit

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Tears of a hermit

Postby Meanz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:55 pm

So, whilst logging in this evening I discovered that someone had put down a bell and used eminent domain on me.
In this case it was definitely worth it, I have been a hoarding hermit for probably on and off 2-3 years now, so congratulations on the spoils to whomever this was.

I am not sure what I did wrong though, I must have been careless, apparently I had memorized my attacker under "Person I stocked".

As for crimes, I only did crimes on alts, and for all the loot I put them in the mine.

If you're interested in the loot, some of it includes
~250 iron bars
~500 yellow stained cotton
~250 leather
at least 25k in just coins (never really counted, not much of a spender)
5 sets of steel tools
countless shop items (whip, pretty much all the tools...)
50+ singing old logs
100+ coin collections
2 Arcane Amethyst
And so much more

I am unsure of my path ahead though, on one side it's fun starting fresh, but I've already had that experience and I kinda want to take it a step further.
I want to find a group to play with, although I am not sure if I have the ability to put down all the hours needed.
We will see, we will see.

For those who know me, I go under the name Yumekui ingame, I'll be back!

My sight when I logged in!
Meanz

Re: Tears of a hermit

Postby matan002 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Blood!
Attachments
blood god.png
blood god.png (170.05 KiB) Viewed 6822 times
Lachlaan wrote:The motherbats await a spanking, for the sake of fields.
matan002

Postby Messyng » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Well thats awful, yet its not the first occurrence in the history of Salem.

If only you invested more time to read, and take more measures in securing your welfare.

A meaningful loss yet a good lesson to draw conclusions, and a new opportunity to think, act and do this time differently.

You've lived like a caterpillar happily in your cocoon, and would lived likewise far more.

Be thankful to the guy that ‘’set free’’ you.

Now you could again try and forage more honeysuckly kudzu to then feed on, and next suck, while your are waiting to turn into some kind of butterfly.

Or like some partially deformed caterpillar try to grow some tiny fangs and hunt smaller critters to become a predator, a predator who is not the lowest of low and is not in the bottom of the food chain.
Due to the circumstances, due to my stubbornness.
Messyng

Postby Judaism » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Stocking people comes with a cost.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:15 pm

How long did it take you to raid 5 sets of steel tools? Or 4, if you had made one already.
Reviresco

Postby Meanz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:25 pm

Messyng wrote:Well thats awful, yet its not the first occurrence in the history of Salem.

If only you invested more time to read, and take more measures in securing your welfare.

A meaningful loss yet a good lesson to draw conclusions, and a new opportunity to think, act and do this time differently.

You've lived like a caterpillar happily in your cocoon, and would lived likewise far more.

Be thankful to the guy that ‘’set free’’ you.

Now you could again try and forage more honeysuckly kudzu to then feed on, and next suck, while your are waiting to turn into some kind of butterfly.

Or like some partially deformed caterpillar try to grow some tiny fangs and hunt smaller critters to become a predator, a predator who is not the lowest of low and is not in the bottom of the food chain.

Oh, I'd like some fangs.

Judaism wrote:Stocking people comes with a cost.

Seemingly so, I am just curious as to how me stocking someone gave them any information about me or my whereabouts.

Reviresco wrote:How long did it take you to raid 5 sets of steel tools? Or 4, if you had made one already.

Well, as I mentioned I've been at it for a while now, and I've "found" all the steel tools. As for the timeframe I am unsure, but they are all found from leantos I've pclaimed.
Meanz

Postby riolic » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:29 pm

As to how you were found, sometimes, the universe just has a funny way of delivering justice. It was completely random chance we passed by a juicy looking double-brick walled p claim that was no bigger then 40x40.
riolic
Customer

Postby Judaism » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:59 pm

Meanz wrote:Seemingly so, I am just curious as to how me stocking someone gave them any information about me or my whereabouts.

There are so many ways to do so, I used to track stockers quite regularly.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:06 am

Why no bell? Not trying to kick you when you're down. Just curious. Just picked a bad location when you were too new to know better, and didn't want to invest more into it?
Reviresco

Postby Meanz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 am

Reviresco wrote:Why no bell? Not trying to kick you when you're down. Just curious. Just picked a bad location when you were too new to know better, and didn't want to invest more into it?

I guess I was just a bit too naive, I thought that not buying a bell would be safer because of less attention.
The problem is that I don't really know what "higher level" players are looking for, as for me I've just been looking for leanto's to pclaim.

But, I'm hoping for the new expedition to come out in not too long, and I can perhaps start over and learn all the things that I never got to learn. (Combat, anything above stone wall raiding)
Meanz

Next

Return to House of Burgesses