Kukumbers Story #3 - Pumpkinheads has Fallen

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Kukumbers Story #3 - Pumpkinheads has Fallen

Postby Lazun123 » Wed May 24, 2017 12:03 am

Hohenheim wrote:I think most of the players and developers here agree on one thing: Raiding an active town right now is almost impossible.

Having that said, taunting people into throwing themselves against your wall, is cute, but they would be foolish to fall for it.

Heff, in the past I considered you a quite successful raider. True, you only raided small stuff that had little defence, but you earned a lot of money that way. Sadly later you were banned for bug abusing, which makes it questionable how many of those raids were done the real way and how many you cheated your way through.

Currently this new faction is very successful. True, they are probably better geared, organized and trained than the people they fight, but there is no cheat involved. Right now I think they are the only group playing this games PvP mechanics to a high degree. The only player who is better prepared is Darwoth. Well, maybe there are others, but they are doing a good job with keeping their activities secret from the public.

I for once am thankful for these posts because that way even I as a hermit can see that there is something going on in this game. I love building and stuff, but without all this other things going on, this would become boring.

Agreed, raiding active towns is broke.
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Judaism » Wed May 24, 2017 12:56 am

It is very good to read that people slowly agree that the environment is not healthy nor prosperous for the long run.

However if a competent group would start playing again in a harsher environment it would result into chaos due to the fact that there hardly are any competent players in this game left. Zodd and his army of fools for example would simply lose their entire infrastructure within a couple days, so would Heffernan and probably most other people. Since those guys have spend alot of money and will likely remain doing so, it would cause some issues. More hardcore players usually do not spend that much money into a full-loot game like Salem and without proper competition as there hasn't really been intensive competition for years now, Popham included, a situation similar to Plymouth are likely outcomes given the single server.

Thats exactly why they settled with the expeditions instead of ''balancing'' Providence which ruined it for a lot of people.

An achievement like this would previously be mind-blowing, four proper kills but characters development is out of reach and so are the infrastructures. It will all become more pointless over time and from the look of it they seem to have a horrible mentality, decent characters with trash gear. I fear that this will only occur more often in the future. Infrastructures simply have to go and should remain only as a monopoly, that is assuming you wish to become community active and have bragging rights. Silent players, non-talkative and non causing any drama obviously are obviously a story. Right now everyone is over-confident in their bases and is just trash talking and it is eliminating a lot of sandbox RP aspects from what it could be and previously sometimes featured.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Wed May 24, 2017 7:54 am

Judaism wrote:It is very good to read that people slowly agree that the environment is not healthy nor prosperous for the long run.

However if a competent group would start playing again in a harsher environment it would result into chaos due to the fact that there hardly are any competent players in this game left. Zodd and his army of fools for example would simply lose their entire infrastructure within a couple days, so would Heffernan and probably most other people. Since those guys have spend alot of money and will likely remain doing so, it would cause some issues. More hardcore players usually do not spend that much money into a full-loot game like Salem and without proper competition as there hasn't really been intensive competition for years now, Popham included, a situation similar to Plymouth are likely outcomes given the single server.

Thats exactly why they settled with the expeditions instead of ''balancing'' Providence which ruined it for a lot of people.

An achievement like this would previously be mind-blowing, four proper kills but characters development is out of reach and so are the infrastructures. It will all become more pointless over time and from the look of it they seem to have a horrible mentality, decent characters with trash gear. I fear that this will only occur more often in the future. Infrastructures simply have to go and should remain only as a monopoly, that is assuming you wish to become community active and have bragging rights. Silent players, non-talkative and non causing any drama obviously are obviously a story. Right now everyone is over-confident in their bases and is just trash talking and it is eliminating a lot of sandbox RP aspects from what it could be and previously sometimes featured.

So you really think that if we were to actually play in a harsher environment and become accustomed to the pvp that we would still supposedly suck at said pvp?

Well I may be a fool for going into that fight the way I did but I suppose If I knew more was on the line rather than just some gear and players I would have actually took it seriously.
But if you think I am truely a fool and incapable of actually pvp'ing in the current state of the game you are quite wrong on that one.

When you say people spend money in a full-loot game? Do you mean real life money? That has nothing to do with why Westpine is as big as it is. It's because we put countless hours of work into it when we think it needs be done for the base. If the supposed infrastructure of how walls worked etc. was different the base design would also be different as it currently is.

Looks like I may have to just join the next expedition and show you that I'm a lot smarter then you think I am.
Go on now pretending that you think I'm a fool for now on providence but we'll see in due time.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby RobertoKarlos » Wed May 24, 2017 12:12 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Looks like I may have to just join the next expedition and show you that I'm a lot smarter then you think I am.
Go on now pretending that you think I'm a fool for now on providence but we'll see in due time.

Ilussions are quite strong with this one.
RobertoKarlos

Postby Judaism » Wed May 24, 2017 12:15 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:Go on now pretending that you think I'm a fool for now on providence but we'll see in due time.

Anyone that I haven't really encountered in-game nor on forum drama has doubtfully much experience, nothing personal at all but all I am aware of is that you have been around for a long time and this is the only ''big'' thing I have read regarding you and it is not particularly giving a good impression.

It is not so much about PvP skills or experience but moreover a mentality thing in regards to what I am talking about. With a harsher system things would come and go, without prior a notice and your entire gameplay could be ruined in in a night's sleep. So yes, as it stands now not a single faction could possibly stay alive not even us in our prime without potentially losing assets over night. Not a single god damn group is competitive as it is right now and that is basically all I am trying to say.

The MM tribe used to be quite competitive and so were the old Russians, that mentality is long gone. (except Darwoth whenever he sets his mind into something, for an individual) But even they would regularly lose assets and battles in the harsher environment.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Wed May 24, 2017 7:02 pm

In commemoration to all the shovel talk and digging our own graves, I have to you a masterpiece. ¦]

Old Version

New Version
Last edited by MaxPlanck on Wed May 24, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Wed May 24, 2017 7:14 pm

MaxPlanck wrote:In commemoration to all the shovel talk and digging our own graves, I have to you a masterpiece. ¦]

remember, if you use Steel Shovels you can dig your own Grave Faster ¦]
Heffernan

Postby gorniksam » Wed May 24, 2017 10:05 pm

Heffernan wrote:remember, if you use Steel Shovels you can dig your own Grave Faster ¦]

You wasted few of them already
gorniksam

Postby Darwoth » Thu May 25, 2017 12:10 am

well, something about the smiling pumpkin head/hat combo and alternating sizes in action pose is making me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Darwoth

Previous

Return to House of Burgesses