important PSA (public salem announcement)

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: important PSA (public salem announcement)

Postby Dallane » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:23 pm

JohnSnow wrote:JC said quite definitely that Providence is a more secure server. Seriously guys, if you want sieges and pvp then you must go to the expedition.

I'm quite aware that you have no idea how this game works but having a server be impossible to raid when the entire point of this game is to raid and pvp is not what the devs imagined. JC has said for a very long time that pvp/raiding isn't right and will change.

The point of the expedition wasn't to make providence impossible to raid but to have a server that takes the bloodshed to 100 while adding in big new mechanics which we are testing for the main server.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Goodman12 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:48 pm

A couple months back I took some time to walk to a certain trader's base which I had previously discovered. Stumbled upon a p claim so huge that I was unable to see the majority of his base ON THE MINI MAP.
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby seabobby » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:14 pm

Darwoth wrote:i just hope everyone remembered to pave their american flags like this fine upstanding fellow i spotted a while back. he has even added an extra two stripes due to the fact he is clearly overflowing with pride in his homeland.

Oh, that's a nice flag paving. Can someone link me the conversation about what Darworth is speaking of. I tried a forum search to find more info on this topic and only found bits and pieces here and there but I'd like to read the original post please (or was it part of another post?)
seabobby

Postby Lazun123 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:20 pm

I have also said for months the current raiding mechanic is busted as *****. I'm sorry but darwoth is not the most deadly force in the game, ***** claim drain is and is God tier. On top of the fact of how easy it is to kill off a crime alt, raiding has truly taken a hit. Which is why you now have a bunch of people saying this game should be FarmVille status, they have forgotten that this game is supposed to be high risk. Don't get me wrong, not looking forward to the darwoth popham army potentially killing the population of the game, but this is a hardcore game first.
WWJCD
Lazun123

Postby Paradoxyc » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:48 pm

Goodman12 wrote:A couple months back I took some time to walk to a certain trader's base which I had previously discovered. Stumbled upon a p claim so huge that I was unable to see the majority of his base ON THE MINI MAP.

You mean Taipion right?
Paradoxyc
Customer

Postby Heffernan » Mon May 01, 2017 4:05 am

Darwoth wrote:it makes me laugh a good bit each time i see one of these lamers with a giant player claim smugly skimpering and scoffing since it is a matter of when, not if the issue is rectified by one or more of.....

1> returning claim drain to old levels
2> making claimstones destructable under a tbf
3> making unpaid claims give open perms to all like it was on popham

through all the various discussions on pvp and raid **** this issue was one of the ones jc and i both pretty much agreed on, current state of the game lets big mouth retards sit in the middle of a giant claim without worry because the absurd drain means all your bb is gone before you even get in position to attack the defenses and if you do breach them you still can not eliminate the claim without dropping a million silver and thousands of leather/cotton just to give them their 500k back :lol:

it is broken, everyone knows it is and eventually it will fixed. feel free to make them as large as you want as it will be that much more enjoyable when i knock it over :lol:

until then it is simply a matter of developing raiders with enough BB to stay on target longer, something i did a long time ago before the new enhanced MOAB program even started.

your player claims the size of antarctica are of no concern to me.

how does 2 and 3 Matter?

2) i bet the pclaim is next to townbell like a good player would do so u would need to get to it anyway
3) as soon as said player is attacked by a TbF he would fill the pclaim and your permissions are like JC... gone
Heffernan

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon May 01, 2017 4:13 am

Heffernan wrote:
Darwoth wrote:it makes me laugh a good bit each time i see one of these lamers with a giant player claim smugly skimpering and scoffing since it is a matter of when, not if the issue is rectified by one or more of.....

1> returning claim drain to old levels
2> making claimstones destructable under a tbf
3> making unpaid claims give open perms to all like it was on popham

through all the various discussions on pvp and raid **** this issue was one of the ones jc and i both pretty much agreed on, current state of the game lets big mouth retards sit in the middle of a giant claim without worry because the absurd drain means all your bb is gone before you even get in position to attack the defenses and if you do breach them you still can not eliminate the claim without dropping a million silver and thousands of leather/cotton just to give them their 500k back :lol:

it is broken, everyone knows it is and eventually it will fixed. feel free to make them as large as you want as it will be that much more enjoyable when i knock it over :lol:

until then it is simply a matter of developing raiders with enough BB to stay on target longer, something i did a long time ago before the new enhanced MOAB program even started.

your player claims the size of antarctica are of no concern to me.

how does 2 and 3 Matter?

2) i bet the pclaim is next to townbell like a good player would do so u would need to get to it anyway
3) as soon as said player is attacked by a TbF he would fill the pclaim and your permissions are like JC... gone

Maybe JC should code in something that reduces the size of the pclaim by 1 tile in all directions every 30 minutes it is left empty.
Then people would stop getting free big Pclaims without having to pay upkeep. JC plz add this.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby Goodman12 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:15 am

Heffernan wrote:how does 2 and 3 Matter?

Yet another dumb post, yet again proving how much knowledge you lack on basic mechanics
Riolic wrote:The only reason raids still happen is because Goodman is a stubborn *******.
The rest are just vets pk'ing newbs
Goodman12

Postby Darwoth » Mon May 01, 2017 4:27 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

how do they not matter?

THE biggest issue with claims is not even the drain, it is the fact they can not be destroyed.

i would be perfectly fine risking a character with thousands of black bile in an effort to take out someone with a giant claim because i can actually win should i reach the claimstone, having to rely on the civilian town system which was not intended for pvp to remove claims is not viable for those of the size discussed

if i go to the effort of attacking some jackoff that is trying to abuse the drain and i manage to get to his claim stone i should be able to destroy it under an active siege, not spend days building authority objects so i can finally spend a million+ for the luxury of refunding all of my enemies claim money into the safety of his bank account.

i do not typically respond to theorizing, but no he would not be able to "just fill his claim back up when you tbf" because if the claim was ever empty in the first place i would not have needed a tbf

unpaid claims lose all protection whether they have a town bell or not, just like the way a non town person can interact on a claim they have perms for. the TBF is for active claims.
Darwoth

Postby Heffernan » Mon May 01, 2017 4:33 am

Darwoth wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

how do they not matter?

THE biggest issue with claims is not even the drain, it is the fact they can not be destroyed.

i would be perfectly fine risking a character with thousands of black bile in an effort to take out someone with a giant claim because i can actually win should i reach the claimstone, having to rely on the civilian town system which was not intended for pvp to remove claims is not viable for those of the size discussed

if i go to the effort of attacking some jackoff that is trying to abuse the drain and i manage to get to his claim stone i should be able to destroy it under an active siege, not spend days building authority objects so i can finally spend a million+ for the luxury of refunding all of my enemies claim money into the safety of his bank account.

Fair thing, but the problem is getting to the claimstone anyway and with 600k++ pclaim the player whoever he is must be atleast 1-2 steelwalls.
Heffernan

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses