Sorry Marinez....

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: Sorry Marinez....

Postby Dallane » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:06 am

sogdog wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Chill out snowflake.

At the very least, cheers for proving my point. :roll:

Cheers m8!

What actually happened is you made a retarded post with a ton of wrong speculative and opinionated information. You are fake news
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby sogdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 am

Dallane wrote:
sogdog wrote:
Dallane wrote:
Chill out snowflake.

At the very least, cheers for proving my point. :roll:

Cheers m8!

What actually happened is you made a retarded post with a ton of wrong speculative and opinionated information. You are fake news

My opinion, my speculation, based on my own personal experience as someone who doesn't attend the game on a daily basis. Feel free to disagree with it, but as it is an opinion, I think you're stretching it to say it is outright wrong.

Its also pleasing to note the top level of community engagement of the resident moderator. Informative and constructive. Good lad. Have a cookie.
sogdog

Postby Claeyt » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:24 am

sogdog wrote:My opinion, my speculation, based on my own personal experience as someone who doesn't attend the game on a daily basis. Feel free to disagree with it, but as it is an opinion, I think you're stretching it to say it is outright wrong.

Its also pleasing to note the top level of community engagement of the resident moderator. Informative and constructive. Good lad. Have a cookie.

Dallane doesn't play the game and we desperately need a mod that wants to see the game grow instead of one that just spams memes at the active players.

Tmeow has told me many times now that I should tell all players that tell me in game about how bad Dallane is to PM her on the forums with their complaints. So please, please PM her to say Dallane is horrible for the game and that as a new player you're turned off of the game by his being a mod. Nothing will change unless he goes. PM her.

sogdog wrote:
Judaism wrote:
Heffernan wrote:but still quitting over some items...

Yeah, if thats true then hes a ****** that never shoud've played this game to start with.

Look, I get it. It's stated right from the start, this game isn't for the faint-hearted.

But you do realise that this attitude from the older player base is why this game will never appeal to new players.
The amount of people playing the game hasn't changed over the few years I've been dropping in.

Honestly, I'm not surprised that development has dwindled. Because as a hobby, running this game is fine. As a business model, its a sinkhole. You have an established core of players who have figured the game mechanics out and have little else to do but try and take advantage of any newer players who haven't. This isn't a good way of growing the game.

I mean in this thread, a guy has technical issues(at least he says so), he then gets robbed and most of the people replying are either discussing how to better take advantage of him, or bad-mouthing him for being pissed off. That's the PR this forum has and it isn't good optics.

That being said,

It's always been like this. A top player gets hit and they either rage quit or come back. Heffernan wasn't hitting some new player. Marinez is a top player. It would have taken maybe 15-20 min to push him into the fight club and KO him and he didn't die. He lost 40,000s and a really nice hat and jacket. They're making fun of his rage quit which happens in every MMO everywhere and on every MMO forum or chat that I've ever seen.

The 2 people who lost the most this week weren't new players. Marinz is a veteran who's been around awhile. Yes he had technical issues but he didn't die, he just lost some nice gear and some silver. Lallaith/Milotic is a huge player who doesn't play as much anymore or post ever on the forum. She lost a massive fighter (skilled 2000 bile fighter) but it wasn't her main to my knowledge or from what people are telling me. These may seem like massive losses to new players (and they are, even to vets) but these aren't the worst loses in this game ever (see: Gallow's Hill, Arcadia, Sherwood: incl. Martinez's main and Greb's main, The Battle of Lake Nod, The betrayal and treason of Brayns at Pangea, and I suppose the battle at the former City of Dreams). In all of these examples the players lost 10x as much stuff as Marinez or maybe even Lallaith lost.

As for the population of the game. It is much, much higher than last world. 2 years ago when Popham started there was a huge bump up to 2500 daily players. That lasted for about 4 months. We're still above where we were before. As someone who's played with maybe 100 daily players for months, I can tell you this game isn't dying. I remember when their were 6 people playing at a time on Jamestown ON AVERAGE FOR THE WHOLE SERVER (and 3 of them were Darwoth and the other 3 were the Russian Pirates). That worked out to about 30 daily players for the server, maybe. (We had more fun on Roanoke).

The game does need a boost. I wish the Devs had more time but it is a hobby game for them. I wish the Mod cared enough to help the game grow but he doesn't.

These 3 things help the game grow.

1. Stream the game. It's hard and dangerous to stream the game and somewhat boring but 28 people watched Heffernan play the game this last weekend and some of them weren't already Salem players.

2. Mods and Dev's need to promote the game by just being on the forum more and by holding more events. Player events are huge fun also.
The original fight club was built by the Candy Gang. Qiresea's egg event is super fun as well. Marp's simple sign event had me playing for it (I couldn't find the last 2 signs and got a few of the answers wrong) and Providence was busier. These all help the game.

3. We need late game material to be released. Older players are getting bored waiting for Livestock to be released. Late game witchcraft still hasn't been turned back on since the darkenbear eye nerf as far as I can tell. We need late game Witchcraft back and livestock to be released and maybe some more mobs. What ever happened to 'Hide Behinds'?

It's sad if Marinez quits but it's happened before. I just wish there was more for to make him want to come back from his rage quit.
Claeyt

Postby saltmummy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:12 am

Shut up claeyt.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby TotalyMeow » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:36 am

Jesus, Claeyt, he's not moderating anyone in this thread, he's just giving an opinion. Claeyt is so biased against Dallane for unknown reasons that he even PMs me complaining that Dallane moderated him when I moderate him. :lol:

The only thing that disturbs me about this is that this guy was on Heffernan's kin list and instead of trying to push him back into town to protect his hapless toon, the guy KOed him, looted his corpse, and tried to kill him. Now, I can see doing this to an enemy or a stranger, but someone who is supposedly a friend? I'd be mad too.

The rant by the new guy I disregard for the following reason: Salem is a niche game. It's not for everyone. This is a game for all those people who miss the old hardcore aspect of games where when you die, that's it. There are SO MANY games out there that let you respawn having lost nothing or almost nothing. I don't think it's unreasonable that there be one or two little games out there with hardcore perma-death full-loot etc. for those who want it. Salem will never be WOW, but we are happy knowing that there are a few people who enjoy our game, even if we only had half a dozen loyal players sticking around as newbies come and go, even if there was only one, it would be enough.
Community Manager for Mortal Moments Inc.

Icon wrote:This isn't Farmville with fighting, its Mortal Kombat with corn.
TotalyMeow

Postby Reviresco » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:42 am

I've talked to Marinez only a few times over the last couple of years, but he was very nice each time.

I think it's unfair to say someone "rage quit" over some items. Sometimes you've been skirting going inactive for a long time and then something nudges you over the edge.

Maybe someone made that point, but I'm not reading all these longass posts.
Reviresco

Postby sogdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:47 am

Claeyt wrote:...

Well, thanks for replying with actual responses to what I said.

I wasn't around in the times of Jamestown etc. So I'll concede to your greater experience in the matters of population.

I'm sure Totalymeow is quite capable of spending 5 minutes reviewing any mods activity on the forums and make a informed decision on whether they are being a constructive representative of the forums and the team behind the game. I doubt it requires a PM from me or anyone.

I know that marinez wasn't a new player, and I'm also sure that the percentage of rage quitting players eventually returning to the game is probably very high. I was more interested in the tone of the discussion, which I'm pretty sure would have been off putting to many new people to the game. There doesn't seem to be any core community spirit in the forums that wants to promote the progress of the game to a larger player base.

But look, maybe that's the way people want it. You've got your little boys club, where you get to smack talk down to noobs, get to slap each other on the back because you called someone a retard, and screw anyone who doesn't want to play this way.
It just seems a shame to me, you have a great product in Salem.
sogdog

Postby sogdog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:49 am

TotalyMeow wrote:..even if we only had half a dozen loyal players sticking around as newbies come and go, even if there was only one, it would be enough.

Fair enough then. Matter dropped.
sogdog

Postby Judaism » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm

Claeyt wrote:Lallaith/Milotic is a huge player who doesn't play as much anymore or post ever on the forum. She lost a massive fighter (skilled 2000 bile fighter) but it wasn't her main to my knowledge or from what people are telling me.

To clear that up, it was not even her main fighter. Who hasn't moved a large portion of their interest after several years in its current state is quite determined to this game.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby Claeyt » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:04 pm

Judaism wrote:
Claeyt wrote:Lallaith/Milotic is a huge player who doesn't play as much anymore or post ever on the forum. She lost a massive fighter (skilled 2000 bile fighter) but it wasn't her main to my knowledge or from what people are telling me.

To clear that up, it was not even her main fighter. Who hasn't moved a large portion of their interest after several years in its current state is quite determined to this game.

Well she always was a top player. I know she doesn't come on the forums anymore but it's the most drama we've had in awhile, any chance we can get a character profile of the character?
Claeyt

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses