EASTER RIDDLE HUNT!

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: EASTER RIDDLE HUNT!

Postby Yes » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:48 am

AcidSpiral wrote:That is because that one isn't one of the riddles.

I wasted 2.5 hours on it. WTF I hate marp now.
(a person who plays online games since the 1980s about salem) laywn wrote:I have never seen anything so down right dirty!
Yes

Postby AcidSpiral » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:49 am

lol That sign has been there for forever.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Reviresco » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:59 am

The signs you want are special blue signs.

To be fair, though, Chivas was a bit of a riddle.
Reviresco

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:29 pm

Couple hours left, we have one person whose answers have all been deemed correct, but only one out of dozens. Still time to second guess yourselves ;) Unless you're that one person, in which case that would be disastrous.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby AcidSpiral » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:36 pm

I'm out of second guesses as you saw with the PM spam I bombarded you with last night. lol Fingers crossed.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby MaxPlanck » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:11 pm

AcidSpiral wrote:I'm out of second guesses as you saw with the PM spam I bombarded you with last night. lol Fingers crossed.

Don't second guess yourself too much, according to what Marp just said he won't reveal the winner or tell said winner if he got all 8 correct prior to the end of the event, which I think makes things fun knowing you get 1 chance to submit your 8 answers in reality.
MaxPlanck
Customer

Postby AcidSpiral » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Mr. Marp. Please tell us how bad we failed.
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Contest OVAH, tallying scores.
Procne wrote: Devs have again proven that they dont give a crap about untalented and lazy players.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby MarpTarpton » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:34 pm

And the winners are:

First Place: Reviresco (first to get 8 correct answers)

Runners Up: AcidSpiral(8), Darwoth(8), Heffernan(7), Chrumps(7), and grapefruitv(6)

Honorable Mentions: vilkin(6), pestilence123(6), Jennyferi(6)

Here's the breakdown. First item listed to the right of the riddle is what I intended, additional items I allowed as highly reasonable variants. Regular mistakes I listed to the left and gave reasoning.

UPDATE: I also accepted a sifting pan for the "tool of the sea" riddle.

Some explanations that may be needed:

Milkweed - Monarch butterflies are attracted to this in real life.
Sifting Pan - Although I wouldn't consider sifting in the sea common practice for the tool, it makes sense for Salem mechanics and I really did mean waters as nets are used in lakes too.
Honeycomb - The queen bee poops the egg in the honeycomb and then she's outa there. ("Poop" is the technical term for egg laying in the bee world)
Bloom - This was one that caught me off guard, but it is inherently fragile in its ephemeral nature, incomplete, ugly. It fit everything surprisingly and the player had one in their inventory to take the screenshot.

Players will have prizes delivered to their homesteads within the next day or so courtesy of the Easter Bunny. Good job to everyone who participated, congratulations to the winners, and a special applause to vilkin who was, I believe, the only one who guessed cocoon for the fragile and ugly riddle.
MarpTarpton
Site Admin

Postby AcidSpiral » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Which answer did I get wrong? My final guess was Image
AcidSpiral
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses