WOW, that was quick

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: WOW, that was quick

Postby kabuto202 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:50 am

Heffernan wrote:funny how he thinks relesing the source would not lead to mass level of exploitation ingame.

You mean like how linux, veracrypt, node, hadoop, mongodb, spark, sqoop... Wait I lost my train of thought as I was naming these open source software that's responsible for powering like 99% of the world's most vital economic, medical, military, and other sensitive information services. Ah yes, you're absolutely right. Clearly as the rest of the world has demonstrated public audits of code is a terrible idea and we should all stick to proprietary code like Windows which has neeeeeeeeeever been exploited :roll: Security through obfuscation is about as useful as an umbrella in a storm.
User avatar
kabuto202
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: WOW, that was quick

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:58 am

kabuto202 wrote:
Heffernan wrote:funny how he thinks relesing the source would not lead to mass level of exploitation ingame.

You mean like how linux, veracrypt, node, hadoop, mongodb, spark, sqoop... Wait I lost my train of thought as I was naming these open source software that's responsible for powering like 99% of the world's most vital economic, medical, military, and other sensitive information services. Ah yes, you're absolutely right. Clearly as the rest of the world has demonstrated public audits of code is a terrible idea and we should all stick to proprietary code like Windows which has neeeeeeeeeever been exploited :roll: Security through obfuscation is about as useful as an umbrella in a storm.


Number one:
What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.

Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Number two you saying that linux isn't just as exploitable as windows is hilarious and shows how little you actually know.

Also the distro's you are claiming to be 100% open source actually aren't that. The ones such as redhat/centos that things are typically ran on actually have a very small amount of non-free software
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14172
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: WOW, that was quick

Postby kabuto202 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:24 am

Jesus ***** christ how long have you been waiting for something to be generalized for the sake of discourse. I said linux because I didn't want to sit around and list of Ubuntu, Unity, Fedora, Redhat, etc., because that's ***** redundant. What the ***** are you going on about RedHat? It is open source, and it is free (EDIT: at least for the dev-tools) RedHat's revenue is almost entirely (if not entirely) from selling support, subscription, training, certs, and consulting. They literally pioneered that business model. You have no clue what the ***** you're talking about. Also I never said that linux distros aren't exploitable, I said that public audits of code has been demonstrated to be the superior method of security because it greatly increases the probability of a possible exploit being found and plugged, before someone is actually able to exploit it.

Honestly Dallane, I'm really glad you managed to show off your Intro To IT 101 that you struggled through before dropping out college. Now go back to playing the peanut gallery spewing ****** memes and embarrassingly desperate attempts at wit as a sad attempt to compensate for that fact that you have nothing of value to add, but have nothing better to do with your life but post here.
User avatar
kabuto202
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: WOW, that was quick

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:33 am

kabuto202 wrote:Jesus ***** christ how long have you been waiting for something to be generalized for the sake of discourse. I said linux because I didn't want to sit around and list of Ubuntu, Unity, Fedora, Redhat, etc., because that's ***** redundant. What the ***** are you going on about RedHat? It is open source and it is free. RedHat's revenue is almost entirely (if not entirely) from selling support, training, certs, and consulting. They literally pioneered that business model. You have no clue what the ***** you're talking about. Also I never said that linux distros aren't exploitable, I said that public audits of code has been demonstrated to be the superior method of security because it greatly increases the probability of a possible exploit being found and plugged, before someone is actually able to exploit it.

Honestly Dallane, I'm really glad you managed to show off your Intro To IT 101 that you struggled through before dropping out college. Now go back to playing the peanut gallery spewing ****** memes and embarrassingly desperate attempts at wit as a sad attempt to compensate for that fact that you have nothing of value to add, but have nothing better to do with your life but post here.


Redhat isn't actually free unless you exploited the dev version which you would be breaking the agreement. If you are talking about fedora being free then yes but that isn't redhat even tho it's from the same company.

You keep saying linux when it's actually GNU/Linux. I suggest you read what I posted earlier esp since you want to harp about free software. Also no, most distro's are in fact not 100% free software. There is a small bit of code which isn't available to you. You are saying foolish things and i pointed it out. You lack of professional IT knowledge isn't my problem snowflake.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14172
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: WOW, that was quick

Postby kabuto202 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:44 am

Dallane wrote:
kabuto202 wrote:Jesus ***** christ how long have you been waiting for something to be generalized for the sake of discourse. I said linux because I didn't want to sit around and list of Ubuntu, Unity, Fedora, Redhat, etc., because that's ***** redundant. What the ***** are you going on about RedHat? It is open source and it is free. RedHat's revenue is almost entirely (if not entirely) from selling support, training, certs, and consulting. They literally pioneered that business model. You have no clue what the ***** you're talking about. Also I never said that linux distros aren't exploitable, I said that public audits of code has been demonstrated to be the superior method of security because it greatly increases the probability of a possible exploit being found and plugged, before someone is actually able to exploit it.

Honestly Dallane, I'm really glad you managed to show off your Intro To IT 101 that you struggled through before dropping out college. Now go back to playing the peanut gallery spewing ****** memes and embarrassingly desperate attempts at wit as a sad attempt to compensate for that fact that you have nothing of value to add, but have nothing better to do with your life but post here.


Redhat isn't actually free unless you exploited the dev version which you would be breaking the agreement. If you are talking about fedora being free then yes but that isn't redhat even tho it's from the same company.

You keep saying linux when it's actually GNU/Linux. I suggest you read what I posted earlier esp since you want to harp about free software. Also no, most distro's are in fact not 100% free software. There is a small bit of code which isn't available to you. You are saying foolish things and i pointed it out. You lack of professional IT knowledge isn't my problem snowflake.


Tell me when someone says AWS do you stand there like an autist and "ACKTHULLAY It's Amazon Web Service?". When someone says Mac, do you say "ACKTHULLAY It's Macintosh"? Or are you just doing it now because you think you have some sort of kernel of secret hidden knowledge that no one ***** knows about? Or is it possible that since your entire exposure to that world was a 101 class, you've never actually spoken to anyone about it so you don't realize that literally no ever says GNU/Linux in conversation.

I added a quick edit correcting that the dev version is free almost right after I posted it, but I guess you were really hammerin that refresh button. Anyways if you want free RedHat you get CentOS anyways (at least you used IDK and frankly don't care if that's still the case). I've also never mentioned free software before you did, so idk where you got that but I think we've already established in some other thread that your reading comprehension skills are pretty much non-existent.
User avatar
kabuto202
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: WOW, that was quick

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:54 am

kabuto202 wrote:
Dallane wrote:
kabuto202 wrote:Jesus ***** christ how long have you been waiting for something to be generalized for the sake of discourse. I said linux because I didn't want to sit around and list of Ubuntu, Unity, Fedora, Redhat, etc., because that's ***** redundant. What the ***** are you going on about RedHat? It is open source and it is free. RedHat's revenue is almost entirely (if not entirely) from selling support, training, certs, and consulting. They literally pioneered that business model. You have no clue what the ***** you're talking about. Also I never said that linux distros aren't exploitable, I said that public audits of code has been demonstrated to be the superior method of security because it greatly increases the probability of a possible exploit being found and plugged, before someone is actually able to exploit it.

Honestly Dallane, I'm really glad you managed to show off your Intro To IT 101 that you struggled through before dropping out college. Now go back to playing the peanut gallery spewing ****** memes and embarrassingly desperate attempts at wit as a sad attempt to compensate for that fact that you have nothing of value to add, but have nothing better to do with your life but post here.


Redhat isn't actually free unless you exploited the dev version which you would be breaking the agreement. If you are talking about fedora being free then yes but that isn't redhat even tho it's from the same company.

You keep saying linux when it's actually GNU/Linux. I suggest you read what I posted earlier esp since you want to harp about free software. Also no, most distro's are in fact not 100% free software. There is a small bit of code which isn't available to you. You are saying foolish things and i pointed it out. You lack of professional IT knowledge isn't my problem snowflake.


Tell me when someone says AWS do you stand there like an autist and "ACKTHULLAY It's Amazon Web Service?". When someone says Mac, do you say "ACKTHULLAY It's Macintosh"? Or are you just doing it now because you think you have some sort of kernel of secret hidden knowledge that no one ***** knows about? Or is it possible that since your entire exposure to that world was a 101 class, you've never actually spoken to anyone about it so you don't realize that literally no ever says GNU/Linux in conversation.

I added a quick edit correcting that the dev version is free almost right after I posted it, but I guess you were really hammerin that refresh button. Anyways if you want free RedHat you get CentOS anyways (at least you used IDK and frankly don't care if that's still the case). I've also never mentioned free software before you did, so idk where you got that but I think we've already established in some other thread that your reading comprehension skills are pretty much non-existent.


Hey moron the gnu/linux thing is a stallman meme and a linux naming joke that is said fairly often. Interning at mcdonalds I guess you wouldn't hear about it.

I understand that you are on the spectrum esp since you let yourself get cucked into a mentor-ship instead of making a business deal but thats your problem. When you say open source most people will associate that to free software. Since you want to get technical on wording then maybe you should suggest a open source license so everyone is on the same page.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14172
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: WOW, that was quick

Postby kabuto202 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:15 am

So your justification for your rampant autism is that you were repeatedly spewing a ****** meme that if said in any actual professional environment would at best get chuckle the first time is said with a comedically nasally voice, and weird "are you retarded looks?" every other time. One sec, I think I already covered this.

kabuto202 wrote:Honestly Dallane, I'm really glad you managed to show off your Intro To IT 101 that you struggled through before dropping out college. Now go back to playing the peanut gallery spewing ****** memes and embarrassingly desperate attempts at wit as a sad attempt to compensate for that fact that you have nothing of value to add, but have nothing better to do with your life but post here.


What's next... Oh!

Dallane wrote:I understand that you are on the spectrum esp since you let yourself get cucked into a mentor-ship instead of making a business deal but thats your problem.


WAIT! I think I've already got this one too.

kabuto202 wrote:Also did you just use cuck unironically? I don't think there's a social worker on Earth qualified enough to deal with your levels of staggering autism.


But making fun of your lack of social skills and learning disabilities aside... What exactly do think a mentor(unnecessary-hyphen)ship is? Exactly how is having someone to call for entrepreneurial suggestions a bad thing? Also how do you think business deals work? In your mind do two people just sit down at the table say "business" a bunch of times, then shake hands, leave, and somehow they both made money? Exactly what possible business deals can exist between two companies that don't share a market and have no connection service? Oh are you trying to desperately pretend like you have something intelligent to say and your Dunning-Kruger is just shining through like the beacons of Gondor?


Dallane wrote:When you say open source most people will associate that to free software. Since you want to get technical on wording then maybe you should suggest a open source license so everyone is on the same page.

Uh, no. When people say open source, they mean the source code is open. It's in the name. As in available to inspect and read at your leisure. Once again, if your only exposure to this subject wasn't a 101 IT class, you would know this.
User avatar
kabuto202
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: WOW, that was quick

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:26 am

Grats on reposting dribble

You said you got in on the ground floor of a company and all you got was a mentor-ship. When normal people get on the ground floor it usually means stocks or a pay out at some point. You took the networking option. Grats lol.

According to the Free Software Foundation, "Nearly all open source software is free software. The two terms describe almost the same category of software, but they stand for views based on fundamentally different values." Thus, the Open Source Initiative considers many free software licenses to also be open-source.

Again what license do you suggest they use?
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14172
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

Re: WOW, that was quick

Postby kabuto202 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:44 am

I wouldn't have to be resposting **** if you learned the first time. But since you've got learning disabilities, I understand it may take a couple of goes. And without further delay:
Dallane wrote:You said you got in on the ground floor of a company and all you got was a mentor-ship. When normal people get on the ground floor it usually means stocks or a pay out at some point. You took the networking option. Grats lol.

kabuto202 wrote: I think we've already established in some other thread that your reading comprehension skills are pretty much non-existent.

I never said that's all I got, I simply mentioned that particular part because it was relevant. The stock I got was largely irrelevant to the stock offer/conversion I got when we got acquired by even larger start-up which naturally converted into nice lump sum of FU money on liquidation. But the specifics of my personal success is largely irrelevant to this discussion, so I'm not sure why you bothered bringing it up short of a bad attempt to get some ad hominem ammo?

Dallane wrote:According to the Free Software Foundation, "Nearly all open source software is free software. The two terms describe almost the same category of software, but they stand for views based on fundamentally different values." Thus, the Open Source Initiative considers many free software licenses to also be open-source.


Who gives a ****? You don't need to tell someone an elephant is large.
User avatar
kabuto202
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: WOW, that was quick

Postby Dallane » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:59 am

kabuto202 wrote:
Dallane wrote:According to the Free Software Foundation, "Nearly all open source software is free software. The two terms describe almost the same category of software, but they stand for views based on fundamentally different values." Thus, the Open Source Initiative considers many free software licenses to also be open-source.


Who gives a ****? You don't need to tell someone an elephant is large.


lol you are just as bad as I am
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
User avatar
Dallane
Moderator
 
Posts: 14172
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 pm

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests