[New Players] Taalagan New Pilgrim Assistance Initiative

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

[New Players] Taalagan New Pilgrim Assistance Initiative

Postby Iracus » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:11 am

Greetings people of Salem! I am please to announce Salem's first, town sponsored assistance program. Backed by the town of Taalagan, I will be offering assistance to those who make the treacherous journey to the New World for the first time through various programs that focus on introducing new pilgrims to the world of Salem. The only requirement to join this program is that you are a new player and are willing to complete several different challenges. Upon completing a challenge, you will be reward with some sort of item that is related to the challenge you complete. For a list of challenges please see below. The first step to joining is to simply apply!

Mentors - If you have questions feel free to ask these people in game

Iracus Varanu (HS: 5aExcel) - English
Qiresea (HS: marytrader) - French
Kralith (HS: pm them on forums asking for it) - German and English
Ofisat (HS: Thijsie87) - Dutch and English
[size=150]

Currently restructuring program using feedback below and other ideas. If you are in need of assistance please feel free to contact any of the above people with questions you may have. If you are in need of specific materials in order to build certain things such as an ore smelter, mine, some seeds, etc. Send me either a PM on the forums or a message in game using my hearthsecret.
Last edited by Iracus on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Iracus

Re: [New Players] Taalagan New Pilgrim Assistance Initiative

Postby Dallane » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:23 am

Fairly big waste of time for such little reward. Player could achieve the rewards way before you get back to them at that development level.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Kralith » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:33 am

I think the idea is good, but i agree Dallane in this point, the rewards are placed too low for the experience level.
Especially at task 4 is the reward quite useless, because player who reach this level will still be able to know how to make enough money to buy them, and they will buy them, because it will be way easier or even necessary to work with this rewards.
As a New Player i would skip at the latest after Task 3.

Well, i like the idea of a Mentoring System for Beginner.
You can set me to the List of Mentors, German + English speaking, but Player have to PM me here for getting my HS ;)
Salem Wiki (PM me if you need help with editing)
Report corrections and new things here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kralith
Customer

Postby Qiresea » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:08 am

i guess you could add me on the list, i would like to limit it to the french speakers (hs marytrader).
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby ALTaZAR1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Qiresea wrote:i guess you could add me on the list, i would like to limit it to the french speakers (hs marytrader).

Dont invite Mary she scammer!
ALTaZAR1

Postby Ofisat » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:20 pm

Kralith wrote:I think the idea is good, but i agree Dallane in this point, the rewards are placed too low for the experience level.
Especially at task 4 is the reward quite useless, because player who reach this level will still be able to know how to make enough money to buy them, and they will buy them, because it will be way easier or even necessary to work with this rewards.
As a New Player i would skip at the latest after Task 3.

Well, i like the idea of a Mentoring System for Beginner.
You can set me to the List of Mentors, German + English speaking, but Player have to PM me here for getting my HS ;)

Agree with the points above, nice idea though!
Im not a very experienced player, but would be willing to teach new players some things as well. Dutch/english speaking. HS Thijsie87
Ofisat
Customer

Postby Iracus » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:10 pm

Yeah I was questioning the rewards myself. Any suggestions for rebalancing? Maybe changing up the challenges even. What do new players need the most that they might have a hard time getting at the start?
Iracus

Postby Qiresea » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:09 pm

i guess they just need some clothes not to get frozen at the beginning, and thats it. after that they only need some nails, metal bars and a pickaxe to build a base. they can buy those things in the market if they go around a bit and make some silver by selling savage charms to the npc. insanity is pretty easy to avoid too, if they study a wood chopping or two once in a while. it isnt so difficult to start playing, and maybe we shouldnt ask them to do too many tasks, that can be pretty boring. they may need some meds at some point and some simple advice, other than that i think we should keep it as simple as possible. not too many screenshots either, and no need to level up fields to T3, since they will (should) be moving to a better spot after learning the basics. the purpose of this tutorial should not be to create a "permanent" base, or a "main" character for that matter.
Darwoth wrote:It really is not fair that every time you try to jab at me you make yourself look more retarded than any retort i could come up with.

Γιά την Κυρία των τριών βασιλείων: της γης, του ουρανού και της θάλασσας.
Qiresea
Customer

Postby easy_polak » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:16 pm

yes i like assistance :oops:
easy_polak

Return to House of Burgesses