What's happening

Forum for In-Game politics, relations, matters of justice, and other in-game topics.

Re: What's happening

Postby JohnSnow » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:57 pm

Darwoth wrote:vets got their t2 witches the hard way

None of them farm darkenbears for that.
Darwoth wrote:my silver was made by raiding end game opponents and controlling top ten towns for 2+ years, not by selling cotton *****. the fact retards can sit in their base and churn out a bunch of silver every 3 days while tabbed out watching cat videos did need toned down, it is still profitable since your doing it while afk just not as profitable.

Silver that you looted is probably obtained from cotton grind. Also top 10 towns get only a percentage of sales in stalls.
Darwoth wrote:price of clothing went up because ***** like you grinding cotton 24/7 and duped silver ore mandated the game needed another silver sink.

Well, cotton is now nerfed, but clothes are still expensive.
All Hail the Snake-King!
JohnSnow

Postby Darwoth » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:17 pm

there werent darkenbears in game at the time, characters were far lower stats and the extra ingredient was not necessary because 35 people did not buy a 1/300 drop for an hour and a half of worm collecting.

sorry i do not subscribe to the european "VAT" idea so i do not care where they got their silver from, in any case no they did not get it from cotton fields since there either was nowhere near enough fields for it or they were tiered thus would not have been used for such, cotton grinding to the level it is now is a relatively recent phenomena and is why it was nerfed other than the russians i can not think of any notable old player that grinded cotton for money at all.

clothes are not "expensive" they cost a few dyes. it does not matter that cotton was nerfed the tens of millions of silver generate from it did not go away. you know. like you wanted the original t2 witches skills to do. a new silver sink was needed as wool is about to be free instead of vendor bought, and bacon will be a lot less popular as well.

you are annoying as *****, almost worse than claeyt.
Darwoth

Postby Judaism » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:15 pm

If anything, I think this game has become increasingly easier over time. We really should be able to raid people that simply have way too much hoarded over the years so all of those things aren't relevant anymore. Cleanse the witches, cleanse the hoarders, cleanse the bases, so on so forth.
JohnCarver wrote:Mortal Moments Inc. is not here to cannibalize the community or piece out the code. We are not here because we wish to institute pay to win models or PvE servers. Quite the contrary.
Judaism
Customer

Postby saltmummy » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:31 pm

I still remember the rigid inventory we had in beta. 16 spaces, plus 8 if you had a backpack. Salem is easier on that change alone. If anything, cotton should have been nerfed awhile ago when they rolled out the ability to cart around more than 24 of them.
Darwoth wrote:you know, cause they were obviously fascist white supremacist burrito nazis.

I had a great dream where I was a handsome skeleton in a tower.
saltmummy

Postby Wandering » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:57 pm

Simpler would be to start a new server.

So vets can keep their old towns but if they want to prey on new blood they'll have to start over somewhere else.
Wandering

Postby AcidSpiral » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:06 pm

Or the most simple solution would just be to stop whining and realize there is nothing so wrong with the game that it warrants a wipe or a fresh start elsewhere. Carebears...
AcidSpiral
Customer

Postby Dallane » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:08 pm

JohnSnow wrote:Yes, yes, but in general this forum lacks of criticism. Every developers action is seen as reason to celebrate.

Cept you aren't giving criticism at all. You do nothing but cry and ***** here. The fact that this is in HoB speaks volumes that you are a total idiot.
Please click this link for a better salem forum experience

TotalyMeow wrote: Claeyt's perspective of Salem and what it's about is very different from the devs and in many cases is completely the opposite of what we believe.
Dallane

Postby Darwoth » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:37 pm

AcidSpiral wrote:Or the most simple solution would just be to stop whining and realize there is nothing so wrong with the game that it warrants a wipe or a fresh start elsewhere. Carebears...

this has been an ongoing theme from the underachievers since the game started, the old developers would give in and drive off a large segment of the population each time saying this was "the last one" only to do it again when history repeated itself and the people that sucked still sucked and the people who were on top before that did not quit were there again. the current developers were some of the players repeatedly ***** over in that timeframe and have stated numerous times there will not be a wipe, which is the only reason i did not throw in the towel on salem and go to a different game that respected the time investment of its playerbase during the last wipe from the previous developers.

the game is so much friendlier to new players now it is a reflection how much people suck that they feel there is some insurmountable edge against them. i could roll a brand new character, put down camp within five minutes of a kzerg capital and livestream my playtime daily starting as a newb with no help at all from my other characters or resources on the server and be competitive in a few months anyone that cant do the same is spending more time whining than they are doing.
Darwoth

Postby Darwoth » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:42 pm

also the expensive clothes thing has me chuckling since **** like a pirate coat is actually far cheaper now since you produce your own wool, well you do if you paid me for sheep in the livestock thread anyway!

still a small window of time available for those who missed the boat, snooze you lose!
Darwoth

Postby lachlaan » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:17 pm

saltmummy wrote:I still remember the rigid inventory we had in beta. 16 spaces, plus 8 if you had a backpack. Salem is easier on that change alone. If anything, cotton should have been nerfed awhile ago when they rolled out the ability to cart around more than 24 of them.

Oh god the inventory xD I remember whining so much as i slowly accumulated stuff like singing old logs, and ending up studying charms as i went to pick up yet another log .. and by the time i got my lazy ass up to spam hunting bears during a long horse ride, it was basically just a 3 hour hunt all the way to the darkness till i got the 24 hides i could carry xD The new inventory system has enabled my hoarding something fierce, and it was a much needed quality of life change tbh, but it did warrant a lot of rebalancing of the worth of items and so far most stuff has been handled well. If anything Salem isn't all that hard nowadays.

The one thing people always tell newbies when they confess to fearing death is still very much valid. The one thing vets have that newbies will need catching up on is knowledge. And i've seen newbies that are hungry for that knowledge and will catch up asap. The lazy ones will have a low yield no matter how easy JC makes the game.
Exactly 6.022 x 10^23 worth of Lach molecules.
lachlaan
Customer

PreviousNext

Return to House of Burgesses